Connection between Midorins and Drolls?

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:29 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, after staring at all the CS enemies for a couple of hours I figured that there has to be a connection between Midorins and Drolls.

First off, they both appear in the plantation. The Midorins don't really do anything, either, they're just running around, presumably growing (assuming that they're plants).
Second, Nunahachi. He's obviously some more evolved kind of Droll, or at least their leader in one way or another. And he has leaves growing out of his head, so I'll just on and say that makes him a plant as well.
And finally, they both have the exactly same :greydroll: face.

So, in conclusion I'd say that adult Midorins turn into Drolls by, er. Metamorphose or something.
That'd also be a pretty simple way to explain them being at the plantation in the first place: they're growing until they can replace the old Drolls.

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:54 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I've noticed a connection as well, but I assumed the resemblances were merely artistic in nature.
One could say this "Nunahachi" fellow was merely wearing a crown of leaves, like the Caesars of ancient Rome.

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I dunno, DC, it seems more like sprouts to me.
Also, numahachi's skin is darker, like older wood.
Now that I think about it, yeah, this makes sense :greydroll:

EDIT: 650 posts BAM

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Hey.
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
cultr1 said:
EDIT: 650 posts BAM

Aw yeah.

Anyway, I agree with this theory. (Unintentional rhyming!) I like especially since my mod has lots of Drolls in the plot....

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Sounds solid to me. I mean, I can't really think of any reason why not.
What do the drolls and midorins do anyway? The Mimiga working there don't seem to really notice them.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Been here way too long...
Okay.
Walking plant species are cool. It makes me wonder about the other things in the plantation. do the bats, say, turn into fishes?

Also Ollie, I'm not sure if that actually rhymes in the strictest sense. ie, I had a bit of trouble figuring out what you meant. Let us examine further, shall we
Code:
< agree >    / əgɹi: /
< theory >  / θiɚi /
Obviously there's a gemination distinction, but I'm not sure if that matters. After all, she and see rhyme, and there's a definite one there as well. It could be the stress distinction (A gree vs theor Y), but I think it's actually the assimilation of the r into the vowel. Anyways, it's hard to distinguish the consonant, making it like trying to rhyme floccinaucinihilipilification and run. Probably though, it's a combination of these factors, and even more probably, we have different dialects, so what rhymes in yours is indistinct in mine.

:J

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Hey.
Well okay, but the "ee" parts rhyme in both. That's all really.

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM
haha I just got owned.

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well, to me it seems likely that the mimigas, midorin and drolls all get along together. When you go in the teleporter room for the first time, you get jumped on by a droll who denounces you as a KILLER ROBOT. A killer of mimigas. Maybe they're natural friends, or the doctor put them there to protect the mimigas while they were in their fragile, sane state. It could also be that, as they are a part of the island, the drolls ultimately answer to whoever has the demon crown, as there is a droll guard in the teleporter room, and we have the statue carver, carving statues of its bearers.

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:28 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Well, from what Curly said, it sounded like the robots pretty much tried to obliterate everything, so I'm guessing they killed a good number of Drolls too. and the Drolls probably have good memory so they jumped you when you tried to teleport. :rolleyes: yeahhh, that makes sense.

I always thought of Numachi as this sort of scribe/historian. After all, in Sacred Grounds when you reenter the room within are statues of the good guys! So maybe the Drolls secretly opposed the Demon Crown .. ?

While we're on this, what about the Red Demon? Is he some sort of Droll on steroids that went mutant by drinking acid in the last cave or something?

And the Midorin/Droll thing sounds likely. They both are pretty plantlike.

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Hey.
Don't forget that the credits say that Drolls were made of earth or something.

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:00 AM
"..."
It's worth noting that the Drolls disappear with the Mimigas, but the Midorins do not.

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:56 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
CurlyBrace said:
Well, from what Curly said, it sounded like the robots pretty much tried to obliterate everything, so I'm guessing they killed a good number of Drolls too. and the Drolls probably have good memory so they jumped you when you tried to teleport. :D yeahhh, that makes sense.

I always thought of Numachi as this sort of scribe/historian. After all, in Sacred Grounds when you reenter the room within are statues of the good guys! So maybe the Drolls secretly opposed the Demon Crown .. ?

While we're on this, what about the Red Demon? Is he some sort of Droll on steroids that went mutant by drinking acid in the last cave or something?

And the Midorin/Droll thing sounds likely. They both are pretty plantlike.

Actually, you shoot the statues and then they turn into figures of Quote, Curly, Toroko and King. Otherwise, they're the statues of those older Doctors.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM
"..."
Shadow Major said:
Actually, you shoot the statues and then they turn into figures of Quote, Curly, Toroko and King. Otherwise, they're the statues of those older Doctors.

Demon Crown wearers, not doctors. Being a doctor is not required to use it. :D

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
In my opinion the Red Demon is a Droll that was fed red flowers (hence the color) or maybe a Midorin that was cross-bred with the flower, then grew into the Red Demon. Makes sense, if you think about what's been posted...

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM
Shadow Major said:

Oh, sorry, I meant within the statues are statues of the good guys. :D

Shadow Major said:
In my opinion the Red Demon is a Droll that was fed red flowers (hence the color) or maybe a Midorin that was cross-bred with the flower, then grew into the Red Demon. Makes sense, if you think about what's been posted...

The red flower theory sounds a lot more likely than mine ... it being a central idea in the plot and all. The first seems more plausible.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Hey.
CurlyBrace said:
Oh, sorry, I meant within the statues are statues of the good guys. :D

Y'know, Quote might be the one responsible for that, as he shoots it. I always thought that he was carving it.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:49 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Badnik96 said:

You know, Arthur fought the Red Demon. That's what Jack talks about in the Mimiga Village.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:45 AM
Shadow Major said:
You know, Arthur fought the Red Demon. That's what Jack talks about in the Mimiga Village.

Hmm, maybe that's why there's red flowers in the basement of Arthur's house.

Shadow Major said:
Y'know, Quote might be the one responsible for that, as he shoots it. I always thought that he was carving it.

I dunno, the nemesis/whatever other weapon you're using doesn't seem like the best carving tool. Unless you're using the blade. Who uses the blade in Sacred Grounds?

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:59 AM
Badnik96 said:

Come to think of it, if the Red Demon used to be a Droll that was fed =Red Flowers=, then why does it turn into a clay figure statue after you beat it? Shouldn't it transform back into a Droll or Midorin like Igor and Frenzied Toroko turn into their original forms after you beat them?