Ralren's Mod Collection!

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:02 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Welcome to the sanctuary of Ralren's Cavestory mod projects...

Sadly, these projects will no longer be continued, so don't keep your hopes up. I wanted to post this thread to give some people an opportunity to play the creations that I have contributed in days past. This pack exclusively includes some mods that weren't even really sent out to the public, such as the rare Nate's Story 2. I've started modding since November 2008, back when I first discovered and beaten Cave Story like a pro. Working on Cave Story mods were fun and all, but it just got tedious and redundant. On top of that, it pretty much wasted most of my time and I got bored pretty fast. I've had fun contributing with everyone, though. Hearing their feedback, their compliments, and all of that stuff. It was a great experience, but it just died out on me and got stale. I have moved on to doing other things with my time, and I have recently started working on a new game myself. The benefits that I have gotten while modding was coping with criticism, spriting, learning more on how programming works, TSC scripting, etc. I would like to thank everyone for helping me and for working together to make modding a better experience. Please keep in mind that these mods are unfinished, and some contain dialog that probably doesn't make much sense. Remember, these mods mostly focus on gameplay more than story or visuals. There may be alot of bugs and glitches that you may experience throughout playing any of these mods as well. I am no longer fixing any projects, so please do not warn me if you see any problems. You may give as much feedback as you want, but it will have no affect towards me whatsoever. Yet again, I'm no longer working on these mods, so criticism would be worthless.

DOWNLOAD THE PACK!
(Filesize is 112.08 MB)

The mods in this pack are:

diph.php

Don't want to download the whole thing? Don't fret it, individual downloads will be available soon.

Nate's Story - Beta Version (November 2008)
Nate's Story 2: Return To The Isle (December 2008)
Cave Story: Broxxus Legacy [RE] (May 2009)
Cave Story: Tale Of The Broxxus (July 2009), (May 2010)
(Nate's Story) Broxxus Classic - Timed Edition (November 2008 - June 2009)
Cave Story: Path Of Ruin (October 2009)
Purgatory [Hell Contest Mod] (May 2010)

--BONUS EXTRAS INCLUDED!--

I would like to thank to the individuals by the following:
GIRakaCHEEZER, Noxid, Cyowolf1122, Cyn, Django, Uncy Dave, Ultimalink, Woodenrat, Xander, S.P. Gardebiter, BurnedKirby, Wedge Of Cheese, DoubleThink, Dragonboots, VoidMage_lowell, Ragnaroq, Explosive, Lacy, and Thecrown!

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:40 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thanks much, ralren!
I've always wanted to try these o:

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:47 AM
inactive user
okay i'm assuming i'm at the end of the demo of TOTB (the more recent ver) because I can't do anything else...
forbidden field east has no npcs
sad to see it end

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:48 AM
Assistance
sixtyseconds said:
okay i'm assuming i'm at the end of the demo of TOTB (the more recent ver) because I can't do anything else...
forbidden field east has no npcs

That's correct.

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:58 AM
inactive user
kthxbai

also ralren could you post a link to your deviantart somewhere ?

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:48 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Oct 15, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Very nicely wrapped up.

Also,
Ralren said:
TR-492
Sounds aan awful lot like the famous TK-427 of Star Wars, who failed to be at his post.

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Thanks for posting these Ralren.

I was a beta tester for one of them ;)

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:14 AM
Assistance
sixtyseconds said:
kthxbai

also ralren could you post a link to your deviantart somewhere ?

While I did have a DA for a little while, during the last time I was here, it not longer exists now. I'm currently thinking of making another DA account soon. I'll notify people about it when I start making fan art or something.

Oct 25, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Assistance
I sincerely apologize for double posting, but I have just noticed that Tale Of Broxxus (June 2009) version is bugged and currently un-playable. I'm going to have to fix that once I get the chance. I have also found a copy of the original Nate's Story which has the dialog, and it doesn't have the "timer". For some reason it's a beta version, so there may be alot of bugs and glitches, and It could most likely be unfinished.

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:19 PM
inactive user
Ralren said:
While I did have a DA for a little while, during the last time I was here, it not longer exists now. I'm currently thinking of making another DA account soon. I'll notify people about it when I start making fan art or something.

someone told me u made fanart of my mod at some point... i think it was ultimalink

Oct 26, 2010 at 12:15 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sixtyseconds said:
someone told me u made fanart of my mod at some point... i think it was ultimalink

Lol I saw that.

Oct 26, 2010 at 3:45 AM
inactive user
Oct 26, 2010 at 4:20 AM
Assistance
sixtyseconds said:
I want to see it! >n<

I don't think you would want to.

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM
inactive user
Ralren said:
I don't think you would want to.

why is it total shit? did you draw my characters doing something unsavory?

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
send it to everyone except sixtyseconds by PM

on another note I am playing through ToB and I found it pretty cool how you could not respond to the radio messages when you wanted to skip through dialog

Oct 26, 2010 at 7:13 PM
inactive user
explosive said:
send it to everyone except sixtyseconds by PM

well fuck you too

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Assistance
Okay, seriously guys, if you really want to see it so badly it's actually on Sixtyseconds' profile as a visitor message from Ultimalink. It was back then where I was falling for Fire's shit and assuming that everything was horrible and should die. Seriously, I try to forget about this stupid shit and it just so happens to come back in a snap. But I understand, you guys don't know much about this, so I can't blame you.