Using music

Jul 29, 2006 at 1:57 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Let's say I've created a piece of music in Orgmaker whilst working on a Mod. How then would I put that music into that Mod? Would I have to edit the executable in order to specify which songs are which?

Also, does anyone know where I can find the HP of all the bosses?

Jul 29, 2006 at 8:02 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
löööl its not nice to say that but here are such n000bs XD look here:

http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/158/ (but this is a complicated methode to import orgs, you can also make it easier with resource hacker ^^)

Jul 29, 2006 at 10:26 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
To be honest, the majority of those links don't help with what I am tring to do. the only helpful one is the first one, and it doesn't specify where you enter the newdata.org into the .exe.

Jul 29, 2006 at 10:51 PM
Hoxtilicious
ShInInG PhAnToM said:
It's just easy:

I deleted the CAVESTORY TITLE ORG DATA in the EXE and inseted the NEW DATA...
After that errors happend...

THEN, i had a IDEA!!

I fill the MISSING SPACE in the EXE File with 00 after the NEWDATA

and TADDAM!! Now the Exe's Space is original: 1.478.656 Byte!!
and hey... IT WORKS!!

Well, but if u add bigger size files, u can only add less files...

Well, and sorry for my english, iam only 14... (Well 14 1/2 ^^ Iam a little young hacker lol)

Edit:

So here's the Link with Exe and NewData.org.
Make sure u have a copy of your EXE

LINK:

http://www.filespace.org/ShInInG_PhAnToM/CSNEWDATA.zip (THE NEWDATA ORG IS STORED INTO THE EXE)

I've just inserted with a hex editor!!!!

Search for the Org-02 who is at the Start of every .org File... then just replace one title... For example: The Core Battle Orgayana File is the 20th Org file in the EXE, u can replace it with ur new one and then fill up the space with 00 until the exe reach its original Size... If its too big then just delete a song u dont need too, and then fill the missing space with 00...

Edit: And i just made that other links for other users who asked things that are already cold coffee...

Jul 31, 2006 at 3:51 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Essentially you need to replace byte by byte an existing song. If your song is shorter, you can pad it with 00s. If your song is longer, you're going to have to make sure that the song data (in total) occupies the same amount of space and modify the pointer tables to compensate for the differences in offsets.

It's easier to just make sure the song is equal or smaller in length. :)

Jul 31, 2006 at 11:55 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
It's ridiculously easy to switch in a new song for an old one if you use ResHack. Just open up the executable and go to the org you want to replace, right click and select "Replace Resource," then open the new org you want to insert, type org as the resource type, the name of the old org as the resource name, and 1041 as the resource language, and you're good to go. As far as I can tell this works with any org (even ones that are bigger than the one they replace), and you could probably even add brand new orgs this way (not having to replace an old one), though I haven't tested the latter.

Here's something that amused me, Azarashi Monogatari. It took about one minute to make using the above method...

Aug 2, 2006 at 2:59 PM
Hoxtilicious
NOPE, thats not the methode u should do... Cause it will screw up the EXE File...

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:51 PM
The Bartender
Er... Shining, did you actually try out his method?

Part of the exe contains resources (.res-type resources, that is) so some replacements are possible using resource editors. There's no reason why ORGs couldn't be resources editable by the above method. If so, there'd be a resource table managing the pointers to this stuff and nothing would get screwed up.

The PE format is very robust when it comes to managing embedded data, and generally resources are linked to via a flexible pointer table.

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:01 PM
Hoxtilicious
It's just like i say: The Game WILL screw up, i tested it, i just replace more than 7 org files... Well i saw at title screen the ver. number was very odd... O_o

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:37 PM
The Bartender
It works fine so long as your changes are reasonable - I've swapped around a few orgs and duplicated one or two in replacement of other ORGs and it worked fine.

I'm not sure what the exact limits are, but reasonable use makes this technique perfectly valid. Of course, if you try to cram a couple of 75k ORGs in there, it won't work out too well. ;)

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:44 PM
Hoxtilicious
I've just swapped 7 Orgs O_o And i had probs... So i think Manually is more much saver than using this tool ;P

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:06 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So is it possible to create new space in which to import larger orgs? I'm not asking whether anyone knows how, I'm asking if it can be done?

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:55 AM
Hoxtilicious
Sure, but u must change lots'a offsets..

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:24 PM
The Bartender
Anything is possible given the right knowhow and experience. You could even use MP3s if you rewrote the music engine to decode MP3s, but wether anyone has the balls to write an MP3 decoder in machine code and go through the trouble of importing the MP3s in the executable is something I'm highly doubtful of. It'd be too much effort. ;)

In short, yes, it is very possible (and far easier than rewriting the music engine ;) )