Itoh and Sue

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:31 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
It seems to be a pretty popular belief that after Itoh and Sue have been changed back into human form, how they maintain their form is dependent on whether or not they sneeze. I.e., when they sneeze as humans, they turn into mimigas, and vice-versa.
I thought it was implied in the credits that the machine used to transform the two back into their original forms still had some kinks that needed to be worked out. I don't think that Sue and Itoh being locked in an unstable form would account for a happy ending too well.
I hope there are others who agree with me. I am only using the information I get here to aid me in writing my own little fan fiction.
I thank all who reply . :cool:

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
darkcrusader said:
It seems to be a pretty popular belief that after Itoh and Sue have been changed back into human form, how they maintain their form is dependent on whether or not they sneeze. I.e., when they sneeze as humans, they turn into mimigas, and vice-versa.
I thought it was implied in the credits that the machine used to transform the two back into their original forms still had some kinks that needed to be worked out. I don't think that Sue and Itoh being locked in an unstable form would account for a happy ending too well.
I hope there are others who agree with me. I am only using the information I get here to aid me in writing my own little fan fiction.
I thank all who reply . :cool:

They didn't turn back into the other form whenever they sneezed. They only did that the once. And it was the fault of the machine.

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:23 PM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This kinda almost seems like something for the theories forum; like "what happens with Itoh and Sue?/do they ever become humans for good or stay as mimigas?"

I actually personally think that machine would never keep them "cured" forever. It's interesting to think that they may try to upgrade and perfect that machine for ages and it'd still only work for increasing, but always temporary, periods. I could see a bunch of funny stuff happening with either of them becoming mimigas in the middle of something important or embarrassing etc.
I think they'd have to see Misery to really become fully "cured", and from what the good ending hints at she'd likely gladly oblige. Of course, I can think of more than a few people that'd be hurt to know Sue is forever a human, no longer a mimiga or a... whatever she was during the Undead Core battle. I don't suppose I'd mind as long as the race doesn't die out, though; they only have one more female after that that's not extremely young..

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:38 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I agree with Fire. But if you are the one who`s right they will have a funny life afterwards. Wonder how Sue would explain this on her first date lol

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:57 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I agree that this should probably be in the theories forum.

I had misinterpreted that scene as the sneeze being a form swapper due to TV Tropes, but in my own sequel story I'm working on, they learn to use this to their advantage. Though probably that's very specialized. And this probably isn't helping much either.

But, my own two cents.

Jun 10, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
trickybilly said:
I agree with Fire. But if you are the one who`s right they will have a funny life afterwards. Wonder how Sue would explain this on her first date lol

Or when she loses her

Jun 10, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Jackalope and I have already discussed this and I made lots of jokes about that old kids' show "Monster by Mistake."
For those of you who never saw it (Americans), some kid turned into a big, blue fuzzy thing whenever he sneezed. It was dumb.
As for that machine, it probably resulted in long-term and irreversible maladies, such as brain tumors and kidney failure. So that's a fun sequel, right? Sue and Itoh slowly dying in hospital beds?

Jun 11, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Jackalope and I have already discussed this and I made lots of jokes about that old kids' show "Monster by Mistake."
For those of you who never saw it (Americans), some kid turned into a big, blue fuzzy thing whenever he sneezed. It was dumb.
As for that machine, it probably resulted in long-term and irreversible maladies, such as brain tumors and kidney failure. So that's a fun sequel, right? Sue and Itoh slowly dying in hospital beds?

They can just drink the cure-all tab.

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
WoodenRat said:
They can just drink the cure-all tab.
I was under the impression there was only one of these since you can't go back and repeatedly harvest them from Pooh as you can with the purple Jelly and the giant metroid.

Or perhaps it is a reusable item and the doctor has kept it, in which case we'd need his help.

Probably Misery can cure stuff like that though, considering that if you can change species, changing someone into a healthier version of themselves should be easy. It would explain why Misery's able to stay young for so long.

As for Jenka, the reason she can't is probably since she's using all her magic to contain Ballos so she can't use it to keep herself healthy. Or possibly, the kind of magic those two use is different. Jenka's might be about creating life (such as creating those roach things, or possibly the island) whereas Misery's is about twisting it.

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:55 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I agree about Jenka, but I think I would go one step further.

I believe that the magic in the Island corrupts the user. Ballos used his magic (unwillingly, I suppose) on himself, to make him massive and awesomely powerful. Jenka, on the other hand, has just as much magic but is not at all powerful, as she is easily defeated by Balrog. Ballos is an asshole, Jenka is not. Misery, being Jenka's daughter, doesn't have as much magic, but used it on herself, to make her powerful and to remain young. Thus, she is a bit of a bitch, but alright in the end. It's the old light/dark side cliché.

Like in so many fantasy novels, magic evidently makes the user incredibly long lived, whether it is used or not.