Mimiga paws?

May 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Well, folks, i've been flipping through the 'Theories' part for a while, wondering about... well... mimiga's paws. i haven't seen a discussion on it. Nor a thread. Nor do I know of any prior low-downs from Pixel.
But, I heard somewhere that they have four fingers on both hands, opting for a total of eight, but as to their apperance?

May 20, 2010 at 7:32 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
King could hold a sword...Which means something.

May 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Been here way too long...
He has at least two fingers, one being a thumb. And I think the ending art are more clear on this subject. I think you can actually even see Sue's rear paws on one of the images, which shows their appendage layout quite well. But does she count as a real mimiga?

May 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p100663-0-jack.png

I think this is as close as you're likely to get. It appears that he's got three short digits and another one slightly offset to serve as the "thumb".

May 20, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Take a look at Sue's foot:
p100664-0-friends.gif

You can clearly count her toes here. (The rear paws are as intersting as the frontal, or "paws").

May 20, 2010 at 12:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
So it looks like four digits on the 'front paws' and three on the 'back paws'. Does that mean they have dewclaws to make up for the missing one?

May 20, 2010 at 2:08 PM
I was really talking about the front paws, but now that you mention it, the rear paws ARE interesting too.
I alwaysed guessed that the rear paws were a larger scale version of a cat's, but all of the foot being usable, seeing as how they stand on two legs.

May 20, 2010 at 2:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
May 20, 2010 at 2:31 PM
Sort of, but longer.
Makes sense, no?
EDIT: N0xid, you have 666 posts! D:

May 22, 2010 at 3:49 AM
I just realized, what about igor? does he count?

May 22, 2010 at 4:00 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
What's that? Paws? :3

I've come to the conclusion that their front ones are like hands with opposable thumbs, arguably with or without pawpads. But the hind paws are just paws.

I'm basing this off the ending credit images, and the fact that King has a sword, Kanpachi has a fishing pole, etc.

May 23, 2010 at 3:37 AM
We could all guess that, Yakkers.
I mean, like how many fingers, toes, etc.
And, if wit h pads, what would that look like?

May 31, 2010 at 5:19 PM
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Yakkers said:
What's that? Paws? :3

arrrrrrgh i'm getting cuted to death by this thread too :CCC

anyway, if you guys've ever watched cartoons in your life, you'll notice that most cartoon characters tend to have 4-digit hands and 3-digit feet.
(http://ballinchick56.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/bugs-bunny-forever1.jpg)

mimigas seem to follow the same principle, they're basically cartoon characters, no matter how serious their predicaments may be. But that's what I love about them!

now, what I always thought was weird is how they seem to have pawpads on their toes (I think the picture of the colons from the ending proves this, though I'm too lazy to look it up) but no "main" pawpad lower on the foot like pretty much every animal ever has. I remember this one piece of fanart, in particular, where human sue is holding Chie in her lap and Chie has these long oval pawpads like that, and it's the cutest thing in the whole wide universe

May 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM
"Huzzah!"
Pics or it didn't happen.

May 31, 2010 at 11:34 PM
Mike73 said:
Pics or it didn't happen.

ffffff lemme try and find it i don't even REMEMBER where I saw it.. seems like it was on this forum somewhere.

okay, got it.

this is what I was talking about (way too big to img-tag here), though actually the pawpads are even more complicated than I remember. And Sue's face looks absolutely disturbing there. at least chie is just super adorable!

(*edit* and it's even been shrunken considerably upon uploading it to my photobucket, so you can just imagine how big that thing was..)

then there's this one, by purplekecleon that was on the CS Wii blog:

Cave_Story__Sue_and_King_by_purplek.png

where they're more scrunched up like a real animal's.

I don't know, depending on the artist they can look every which way. Volely on this very forum has one on his DA (probably linked somewhere on here) where just the toes have pads, and still others I've seen don't have any pads at all! It's a mystery.

May 31, 2010 at 11:39 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The design of the footpads in Volley's pic was my own specification request so I guess in regard to the matter at hand that's my interpretation of them.

Also I'm pretty sure that first pic there was by onlineworms, wasn't it? Definitely looks like his style.

May 31, 2010 at 11:48 PM
I have no idea... I still don't remember where I found it originally, I just found it in a folder.

And yeah, I figured initially that Volley drew them like that in that pic because that's what they look like in the official art... though I need to look for the actual evidence of that.

p100676-0-curly.gif
(delicious hotlinking from site to its own forum)

There, it's kinda really small, but you can kinda tell their pawpads are the most similar to PK's pic up there out of everything presented... interesting! And adorable ;_;

So unless Mimigas grow fur over their pads like a real-life rabbit and some of it gets covered up, I guess I'm convinced that's what they're "supposed" to look like unless someone can present even better evidence.

May 31, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Noxid said:
Also I'm pretty sure that first pic there was by onlineworms, wasn't it? Definitely looks like his style.

I'm pretty sure that's from one of the artist's that was featured on the Nicalis Blog, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't onlineworms.

I don't know who the artist is though.

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:02 AM
looks like it is onlineworms after all! Sorry, gir.

I think it'd be the best interpretation if it didn't have that extra pad, but it's still one of the darn cutest pictures I've ever seen of Cave Story.

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
ragnaroq said:
looks like it is onlineworms after all! Sorry, gir.

I think it'd be the best interpretation if it didn't have that extra pad, but it's still one of the darn cutest pictures I've ever seen of Cave Story.

Oh I thought he was talking about the one where sue is in the cage and king is all, well, mad?

Haven't seen that one, well maybe once.