Misery's true feelings towards the Island

May 15, 2010 at 10:34 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
When you enter the throne room, barring wearing the Mimiga mask, Misery will say:
"Know that I have no feelings towards the island... it is my duty to serve the bearer of the crown"

But then, only a few minuets later, we see her guarding the core, which keeps the island afloat, treatining Quote: "If you value her[Sue's] life, step away from the Core". She isn't forced to do this; the Docter has (supposedly) been defeated... what could this mean?

A couple other questions: why would she send Balrog into Sacred Grounds to help Quote? And why did she want the Demon Crown created in the first place?

May 16, 2010 at 1:44 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
The difference is because the doctor was, supposedly, killed. She had no one to fear.

May 16, 2010 at 3:56 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
"Know that I have no feelings towards the island... it is my duty to serve the bearer of the crown" may be the result of the crown clouding Misery's mind.

She hates the fact that she is forced to do whatever the crown-bearer says, even against her will. But, "it is my duty" is probably what the Doctor's subconscious power has forced her to say, not what she really wants to say.

The crown was created since Misery thought it would benefit her in some way and not cause her to be the slave of whoever wore it.

May 16, 2010 at 8:03 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Yeah I think that, as said before, Misery has nothing against the island on itself, maybe even appreciates it (because she tries to save it on her own free will) - but really hates having to be bossed around for eternity. Well, at least it seemed so at the end.
At the beginning she and balrog were more complacent with the doctor in-dialogue, but they may change their minds by gradually seeing that maybe he CAN be challenged and defeated. They also may get to know him better during the storyline, and in consequence like him less by every second that passes.

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
another thing: Misery might be trying to hold Quote away from the core to prevent any chance of Hell/Sacred Grounds being reopened -> Ballos possibly escaping. Heck, Jenka probably told Misery to do it or something, being that she [Jenka] sealed Ballos into the island in the first place. it's entirely possible, because when you beat her, she just flies up through the ceiling, but she teleports in front of you when you get close to the core. if she was already there, why would she need to teleport? example dialogue:
*Misery enters*
Misery: Quote has defeated the doctor
Jenka: Don't let him destroy the core, we can't risk the Sacred Grounds reopening!
*Misery leaves*
yeah, it's short, but it illustrates the point, no?

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Metruler1990 said:
another thing: Misery might be trying to hold Quote away from the core to prevent any chance of Hell/Sacred Grounds being reopened -> Ballos possibly escaping. Heck, Jenka probably told Misery to do it or something, being that she [Jenka] sealed Ballos into the island in the first place. it's entirely possible, because when you beat her, she just flies up through the ceiling, but she teleports in front of you when you get close to the core. if she was already there, why would she need to teleport? example dialogue:
*Misery enters*
Misery: Quote has defeated the doctor
Jenka: Don't let him destroy the core, we can't risk the Sacred Grounds reopening!
*Misery leaves*
yeah, it's short, but it illustrates the point, no?
Interesting and deep. I like you better than most of the new users here.... hint hint...... :D

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Pirate Member
cool, maybe that means i can stick around! :rolleyes: lol

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Metruler1990 said:
cool, maybe that means i can stick around! :eek: lol

Any n00b who doesn't (just) use their account to troll or flame, I befriend.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:45 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
...And that doesn't seem to be too many. In the past or present. Anyhoo I'm going poof again, go ahead and enjoy your topics. *waves at the important peoples and leaves*

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I like the idea of her trying to protect the sacred grounds and working in tandem with Jenka the best.

That said, when I played I had no idea about SG so what I figured was a couple possibilities:
*Misery wanted to take over the island a queen, use it as a weapon to conquer the world in the Doctor's place
*Misery had actually grown fond of the island. She convinced herself she didn't love it, and perhaps would like to see the island destroyed, only because she was sick of the Crown Kings using her to safeguard it as something destructive. With that gone, she realizes that the island has the possibility of a peaceful existence which she would like to preserve. Plus y'know, her mom is on it, and all those cute puppies.

Even if Misery had no feelings or intentions for the island, she's been living there a long time and must be used to it by now. If the island just crashed, it'd be a real pain to survive that crash (even if you can fly, teleport, you'd be floating in a void) and she'd have to relocate, find a place to live, a source of food, etc. Why go to all that trouble?

Especially since Misery has that strange link to the labyrinth, opening a portal to it and all, can she do that to anywhere?

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:10 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It's strange, no-one pointed another possible motivation for Misery defending The Core.

The island is the only home she ever had.

Sure, at that point she could forget about having unlimited power, which she desired so much. Sure, her family was crazy (Ballos), or cold toward her (Jenka). Sure, she was treated like a mob for recent time, and had to rival with big-eyed toaster (I don't buy the theory about M+B romantic relationship at all). Still, the island is the only still ground where she has everything: family, some other living beings, chance for new life. Maybe she could find a new place for herself, to cure the wound of long imprisonment and recent fights with Quote. When she stands against our protagonist in the finale, she wants - for very first time in a long time - to decide about her future.

Sadly, the Doctor was still alive, and mad as always. So she's used, for the last time, in unequal fight, not even in her real identity, but as a horrid abonamination of life. She dies as horrible monster, not a pretty young witch with awesome powers (she could transport whole Core, for crissakes!).

Egad, my English is horrible.

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So how come she says that she doesn't care about the Island?

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:23 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Captain Fabulous said:
So how come she says that she doesn't care about the Island?

When she says that, she's still under Doctor's influence. Probably that makes her a hate-all machine of violence.

Also, it may be just a play, to impress/scare Quote, like "I simply will do all the best to stop you right here, no matter the cost, as I have nothing to lose".

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:57 AM
Pirate Member
because goddamn it if this island dies there wont be no stupid ballos and then there's no demon crown and then theres no curse yaaaaay!

Dec 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
explosive said:
But then, only a few minuets later, we see her guarding the core, which keeps the island afloat, treatining Quote: "If you value her[Sue's] life, step away from the Core". She isn't forced to do this; the Docter has (supposedly) been defeated... what could this mean?

Even though The Doctor's physical form was destroyed, his consciousness was kept intact meaning she still was serving him.

explosive said:
A couple other questions: why would she send Balrog into Sacred Grounds to help Quote? And why did she want the Demon Crown created in the first place?

She sent Balrog to the Sacred Grounds to save Curly and Quote as a thank you for lifting her curse and saving the island.
Villians can turn good in the end:pignon:

Dec 19, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Go die.... Stop bumpin old threadz...

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You can be a little nicer, sometimes they don't even know any better.
And this one's only two months for goodness sakes.
A visitor message is, in my opinion, a much more acceptable course of action rather than publicly berating them as well...

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Two months really aren't that much, but hey - that's just life.

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:40 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I just thought that Misery acted that way because she was a silly teenager.