Predecessors of the Doctor?

May 10, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The statues of previous crown users (besides miakid) look pretty unevolved, what did they do as king? Sit around drooling?

"uugghhh I sign bill to build sand zone, urgh."

"we make more blocks with owls on them, not have enough."

ideas?

May 10, 2010 at 1:52 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Well, we'd have to think about how the crown's reputation grew. By the time Miakid comes around the power that the crown grants you is legendary, and many robots are sent to obtain it.

So I suspect that the previous rulers of the crown used there power to try and spread their influence over the earth, perhaps abusing the Mimigas like the docter did (although this is unlikely, since Jenka has been in the island since the begining, and only tells of one tragedy involving the red flowers, they probably wern't known by the humans at that point).

that being said, I have a couple questions to expand on this:

1) What is the first crown bearer? It doesn't look... human that's for sure. (it has a tail!)
2) how did it find out about the crown in the first place? Perhaps it was a native inhabitant?
3) (a bit unrelated) why were the robots (team 9) trying to destroy the core? It certainly doesn't have anything to do with finding the crown, which as I've picked up, was the purpous of the robots... maybe they were like Quote and Curly...?

May 10, 2010 at 2:14 AM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
cultr1 said:
"uugghhh I sign bill to build sand zone, urgh."

That's exactly it.

Also, Demon crown was created by Ballos for Misery. What did she intend to do with it?

May 10, 2010 at 2:27 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
sixtyseconds said:
That's exactly it.

Also, Demon crown was created by Ballos for Misery. What did she intend to do with it?

Probably either expand her own power or being that both her and Ballos were fairly nice in the past, to allow someone to actually rule without opposition.

May 10, 2010 at 2:48 AM
Been here way too long...
Question: Who names their daughter Mizaru?

May 10, 2010 at 2:51 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Jenka.

But no, seriously. Misery's name is probably not her actual given name. She most likely got that name through her reputation, or past actions, or something.

May 10, 2010 at 3:18 AM
Banned
That or it sounds cool to someone who doesn't speak English.

May 10, 2010 at 3:22 AM
Re: Off Topic: Name Reasoning

I suspect it probably translates to something cool like "fearsome" or "wisdom" in english...

that or it sounds cool.

May 10, 2010 at 3:34 AM
Banned
Re: Off Topic: Name Reasoning

explosive said:
I suspect it probably translates to something cool like "fearsome" or "wisdom" in english...

No, it doesn't. It's meant to be the English word "misery."

May 10, 2010 at 3:40 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Lace said:
Question: Who names their daughter Mizaru?

It's MIZARI (ミザリー), not mizaru.

And like the others have said it's meant to be an english word.

May 10, 2010 at 4:00 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I always imagined that each the previous crown owners were of a long-forgotten civilization, destroyed by the wrack and ruin brought upon by the Demon Crown. Entire sentient species, lost to the annals of time.

May 10, 2010 at 4:05 AM
Banned
Noxid said:
I always imagined that each the previous crown owners were of a long-forgotten civilization, destroyed by the wrack and ruin brought upon by the Demon Crown. Entire sentient species, lost to the annals of time.

Sans Miakid to Date transition.

May 10, 2010 at 4:12 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yeah. I guess that would probably be due to the fact that *Something* killed Miakid before he could go too far. Possibly he died from his wounds from Quote & Curly, possibly something more.

May 10, 2010 at 4:16 AM
Banned
For the best, really. There'd probably been way more crown-bearers than the ones we've seen. Who knows how long or many any of the previous reigns had been before their races were wiped out. That, or there's just that many sentient species on CS Earth.

May 10, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I dunno about predecessors of the Doctor, but those statues looked pretty evil. Maybe the crown corrupts everyone who wears it, since it channels Ballos`s powers.

May 10, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
MAYBE i(t) corrupts people?

May 11, 2010 at 12:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
Well, the Doctor was mutated by the Demon Crown, his his second phase. Maybe that happened to the past wearers.

Unless he mutated because of the Red Crystal. Then my theory fails completely.

May 11, 2010 at 12:47 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Informative posts are not informative

Mike73 said:
Well, the Doctor was mutated by the Demon Crown, his his second phase. Maybe that happened to the past wearers.

Unless he mutated because of the Red Crystal. Then my theory fails completely.
Uhm, yeah, it was the Red Crystal that turned him into Muscle Doctor...
It's also what gave him the power to take over the Core and become the Undead Core...
Please catch up on your Cave Story if you're already doubting your own theories, before posting...

May 11, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Noxid said:
Yeah. I guess that would probably be due to the fact that *Something* killed Miakid before he could go too far. Possibly he died from his wounds from Quote & Curly, possibly something more.

I like to think that Curly, Quote, and Arthur fought Miakid in an epic battle, in which there is awsome sword/ gun fights (wait... maybe king got his sword from miakid?... that would be interesting). In this battle, Arthur is presumably killed, leaving only Quote and Curly. Curly get's knocked out (as often happens) leaving Quote to finish off Miakid (explaining the gap in memory) Afterwords, Miakid banashes Quote and Curly to far reaches of the island with a last burst of power, and gives them both amnisia.

Or maybe Arthur came in afterwords, and finished off Miakid, dieing himself in the process... or even come in somewhere inbetween... whatever.

May 11, 2010 at 1:15 AM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
We've been over this already. ARTHUR gave king the blade and NOT anyoine else. Pixel says so multiple times.