Unknown functions in OrgMaker 2 revealed

Jan 2, 2010 at 11:38 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
With my spare time and a rather complex process, I found out - via translating them from the original OrgMaker 2. (I will elaborate on the process on request, as it's a bit long and currently irrelevant.) I know Xaser's readme said to email him if these were found out, But!- I don't know if he's been active or swallowed into the abyss (haven't been paying attention lol, he could have been right there in the last thread I posted in...), and I figure there's some folks out there whom the mystery is killing and they'd like to know now, thank you.

Well! The first unknown menu is Entire Drum Track (Unknown (D)). The commands in order are Volume Up and Volume Down. The second one confuses me. It's Memory Related (Unknown (R)) and the first command, according to Google Translate, is Straighten out the notes on the memory / rebuild. I saw no changes (though I didn't look very hard, given I had no clue what I was looking for), though it did bump me back to the beginning of the song. It produces a message in Japanese which likely explains the function, but that's all crammed in the binary where it's a bitch to get at. One thing's for sure: the second command is Clear File History (Unknown (C)). I tested all the commands and am 100% sure of the functions I am certain of. Of course I'm sure of what I'm sure of, otherwise I wouldn't be sure of it. But I thoroughly digress.

I took the liberty of plugging these into the translated OrgMaker, as well as making some general, nitpicky fixes (The lower left text on the Quick Select tool, for example, was simply "OrgMaker 2"). If Xaser is about, I'll post 'em as two new patches, one to be applied to the untranslated OM and one to the translation, with his permission/blessing. If not, folks can easily make the changes themselves.

Before anyone asks, the Quick Help was outside my attention span, unfortunately.

Edit: I put Quick Help through Google Translate; GT is pretty accurate as far as I can tell. If people think it's a good idea, I can toss that in there so we can sorta logic it out.

Sep 4, 2010 at 6:56 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Jackalope said:
It's Memory Related (Unknown (R)) and the first command, according to Google Translate, is Straighten out the notes on the memory / rebuild. I saw no changes (though I didn't look very hard, given I had no clue what I was looking for), though it did bump me back to the beginning of the song. It produces a message in Japanese which likely explains the function, but that's all crammed in the binary where it's a bitch to get at.

Did you know that in default message boxes in Windows, you can press Ctrl+C to copy the text? I did that to copy the text of the message boxes produced from the Unknown (R) -> Unknown (M) command. I pasted the text in Notepad and saved it. Then I opened the text file in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer automatically detected the correct encoding, and the text appeared in Japanese. I then copied the Japanese text and pasted it into Google Translate. [Edit: I removed the line breaks and got a better translation.]

When you select Unknown (R) -> Unknown (M) you get

使い方と目的
長時間の使用により、ノート(音符)がメモリ上に散乱してしまいます。(譜面順とメモリ順は異なっている)この関数はノートを譜面の順番に並べ換えます。尚、データをロードし直しても同じ効果が得られます。実行しますか?
OK Cancel​

Use and purpose
The use of a long time, (note) then there is a scattering on the memory notebook. (Order and memory order is different music) This function will rearrange the order of the music notes. In addition, the same effect is obtained even reload the data. Do you want to do this?
OK Cancel​

If you click OK, you get

通知
並べ替え・再構築しました。
OK​

Notice
Sort been rebuilt.
OK​

If you click Cancel, you get

通知
キャンセルしました。
OK​