What determines the effect of the Red Flowers?

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:21 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Clearly Red Flowers affect certain mimigas more than others, but why is that, and which ones are more vulnerable to the rage? This is to further the efficiency of my evil army.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The Doctor said something about drawing on one's latent powers. I guess you need lots of those.

Sep 28, 2009 at 2:27 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
An apple a day...

Well, a lot of things could factor into how the flowers affect a Mimiga...
Mimiga's physical stats, flower's growth and the dose given, and maybe even a bit of luck. There's not much to go on from the game...
Although Sue has to be a special case, being a Human-turned-into-Mimiga and getting a concentrated blast from the Red Crystal, so we should probably ignore her.

Sep 28, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Well, I think age is a big factor because the old mimiga in the plantation is left behind and Toroko absolutely freaks out from just a few.

Sep 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Hi

A bit off topic but the red crystal makes you freak out but your ok after a while, Sue is ok and follows quote onto the balcony, If you get the best ending balrog tells you misery told him to come and rescue you, so the red crystal is a good option if you want to keep someone but also make them into a short rage
Thanks

Sep 28, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Hmmm, true, but remember, they didn't fully come in contact like the doctor. The Red Crystal practically became the Doctor, remember? Of course, he was already power-mad, but that is besides the point.

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:38 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I think the red crystal's effects are temporary only because you destroy the doctor/undead core/red crystal abomination, thereby nullifying it's effect.

More ontopic, I think it makes sense that the Red Flower has a bigger effect on the young. Perhaps it's because they have more life-force or whatever terrible cliche term you want to use.

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
A thought...

Captain Fabulous said:
The Doctor said something about drawing on one's latent powers. I guess you need lots of those.
Noxid said:
More ontopic, I think it makes sense that the Red Flower has a bigger effect on the young. Perhaps it's because they have more life-force or whatever terrible cliche term you want to use.
Hmm, there's an idea....
What if the Doctor was talking about anger?
That's what the enraged Mimiga's seem to be focused on, and the young are often quick to anger, which would make the Red Flower affect them more.
Enraged Mimiga also points that out.
So maybe anger plays a vital role...

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
No, he's not the little ball of rage he appears to be on the outside. He cares deeply about Toroko and his mimiga bethren, and he uses some gay anime shit to turn that into power or something. I don't know. Ask Kage, our resident weeaboo.

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:59 PM
Banned
He would be crying and cutting himself. He couldn't handle something like that. Quote's a big boy, he can take it. Mostly because he's a robot and is very lacking in the emotional department.

But maybe, just maybe, all King could tell you about that next procedure is that it would be EXCRUCIATING.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
And why can't King have both Rage and compassion? Obviously, if you screw with King's peeps, he's gonna flip shit all over you.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Banned
Because he isn't complex enough. His character is too flat.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM
essentially spirited away for an indefinite time.
"..."
Fire1052 said:
Because he isn't complex enough. His character is too flat.
Hell if I know..

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The fallacy in your argument is that King is nothing but rage for the first half of the game. Near the end we see his compassionate side come out with Toroko, clearly a development of his character.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Banned
For a portion of the game before he dies.

I see no real change, though. Ever since the Egg Corridor he shows that, so it was probably present for the first part and even before that.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Banned
It could be because of that thing I said.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
At what point? You really haven't said all that much that has been useful.

I personally think that king didn't eat an entire red flower. That may have resulted in greater-than-normal strength (he took out Balrog in one blow, remember?) and red eyes. I believe that only an entire red flower could bring out all of a mimiga's rage and power.

Sep 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Sep 28, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Been here way too long...
Cyowolf1122 said:
I personally think that king didn't eat an entire red flower. That may have resulted in greater-than-normal strength (he took out Balrog in one blow, remember?) and red eyes.
HOLD THE DAMN PHONE, PEOPLE.
King has super-strength?
AWWWWWESOMMMMMME

Anyway, someone a while back said that anger makes one more powerful when the Red Flowers of Red Crystal gets them. Please explain how Toroko became a hulking beast, then. She doesn't seem like the angry type.

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:04 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Not to mention that the doctor killed her brother...

She was mistaken for someone else, got hauled around to god-knows-where forced to do who-the-hell-knows-what, and forced to eat something that she knows is extremely dangerous and potentially fatal.

Yeah, she's pissed.