Arthur and the Red Demon

Sep 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Just who is this red demon arthur fought off, Was it the one from the final cave, Personally i think that really does seem to be the awnser but wouldnt arthur have killed the red demon instead of making him go alll the way to the final cave. Well id just thought that this was something i havent heard discusssed before and i would like to hear your theories.
So there you go
thanks

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:36 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not a plot hole

Yeah, that was the Red Demon Arthur fought off before being killed by the Doctor's henchmen. {Probably Misery, Balrog's not that heartless...}
This was explained during the game.
Fighting it off doesn't mean he sent it to the Final Cave, it probably just wandered aimlessly. Or maybe it lives there....

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:17 AM
Been here way too long...
Arthur didn't fight him all the way to the Final Cave, the Red Demon just took a shortcut. Arthur must be a mighty warrior if he fought the Red Demon without using a gun. The best armament he would have had is the Blade, and not the Level 3 version either. Or perhaps the fireball.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:22 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
The best armament he would have had is the Blade, and not the Level 3 version either. Or perhaps the fireball.

Fisticuffs.

That's what it came down to.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:25 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Captain Fabulous said:
Arthur didn't fight him all the way to the Final Cave, the Red Demon just took a shortcut. Arthur must be a mighty warrior if he fought the Red Demon without using a gun. The best armament he would have had is the Blade, and not the Level 3 version either. Or perhaps the fireball.
Hey! I thought you were strictly against TV Tropes links![/offtopic] Anyway, there's no reason for the Red Demon to Take A Shortcut, because Arthur defeated him long before Quote woke up.

Also, Red Demon's attack pattern is so retarded, even Quote would be able to kill him with only a melee sword. Arthur was probably faster and more athletic than our beloved robot, so he had no problem fighting him.
As to the other things, JetHawk essentially killed the thread before he even started it, as he summed up everything known about the Red Demon in the first post.

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM
T-Jack said:
Anyway, there's no reason for the Red Demon to Take A Shortcut, because Arthur defeated him long before Quote woke up.
I thought Arthur was killed shortly before Quote awoke... or, wait, when was the Red Demon defeated? I forget. Was a relative time ever given?

Sep 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
What?

At first I guessed the red demon was Miakid. But I guess not...

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
I thought Arthur was killed shortly before Quote awoke... or, wait, when was the Red Demon defeated? I forget. Was a relative time ever given?
I think it was sometime after the war, and Arthur's death was not long before the events of Cave Story, so it could be any time within that period of approximately ten years. Or were you after something more specific?

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:58 PM
Nope, that's what I was looking for. Thanks.
So the Red Demon COULD have been fought off years before Cave Story, or it could have been defeated two days ago. No one can know.