The Labyrinth Doctor and the Nurse

Sep 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
What species do you think they are? Since the nurse is from the clinic which holds Pooh Black, I think they are a species related to Balrog and Pooh Black's race, if Balrog and Pooh Black are the same race.

Comments?

Sep 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Pooh Black

I dont know but pooh black allways confused me. in the cave story beta there where thousands of tiny ballrogs instead of critters. So is there more giant toasters? But i really dont know. I think there just frogs.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Thank you. For that. JetHawk95.
Anyway, Doctor Gero and Nurse Hasumi aren't any species in particular, they're just something that Pixel decided would be cute to draw. I don't know why he didn't have Gaudis, or Mimigas, but he couldn't use humans. Who can understand the different species of Cave Story?
(No one)
Maybe there are similar creatures on the Surface. Who knows?

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:41 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Actually, now that this has been started, I'm curious.

Are they doctors? If they are, then I do NOT want them to be anywhere near me when I get hurt.

It would make more sense if they were mechanics.

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:49 AM
That's true, but the credits say "Dr. Gero" and "Nurse Hasami", and elaborates on how incredibly friggin medical these guys are. So I guess Quote and Curly are constructed in the exact same way as humans. Or fixing people and robots is a lot easier in the Cave Story universe, since there is a pill that cures everything. I have a feeling they are not really medical professionals, but use that as an excuse to lure in wounded girls and feel them up.
And other things when they are unconscious.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:15 AM
Well Dr. Gero is obviously crazy. He stays in the Labyrinth, where his only patients are Gaudi, who eat sentient species. For some reason he really likes the giant cockroaches. Perhaps one of them saved him from a burining building when he was young and he was raised by them ever since. Doesn't explain where he got the medical training, though.
Of course, if one pill can cure any sickness or injury, being a doctor can't be that hard.
Nurse Hamachi is probably also crazy, judging by her ghost paranoia. Well, maybe I only interpreted it as paranoia. I don't think she ever said "Holy ass fucking titties I am afraid of ghosts" (or something of the like), but it's not like she ever went to get the Cure-All herself. Alright, who knows how she feels about ghosts, but they are a big deal for her. CRAZY!!!

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:39 AM
/end
It's obvious the Gaudi trapped them there.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:40 AM
Curses, you have foiled my long-winded theory.
Also, everyone shall now call them Doctor Gero and Nurse Hasumi. If I see anyone else say "Labyrinth doctor" I will unleash my private force of forum ninjas.
They are hungry.

Sep 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM
/end
Captain Fabulous said:
Curses, you have foiled my long-winded theory.
Also, everyone shall now call them Doctor Gero and Nurse Hasumi. If I see anyone else say "Labyrinth doctor" I will unleash my private force of forum ninjas.
They are hungry.

Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero Gero .

Sep 19, 2009 at 3:13 AM
"..."
Well, I want to be a doctor, where are my cure-all pills and nurses afriad of ghosts?

anyways, I believe that they are frogs, by the way their eyes sit on top of thier head in the litle "bumps".

Oct 19, 2009 at 2:55 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Huh. I always assumed that they were robots. Not sure why, they always just seemed boxy that way. Also, seeing as the game is set in the future, I would assume that futuristic doctors would be robots.

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
They're frogs. They're not humans because humans aren't native to the island, just Mimigas, Guadi's and those frog things.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Maybe they're married?

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:43 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Pikzilla said:
Huh. I always assumed that they were robots. Not sure why, they always just seemed boxy that way. Also, seeing as the game is set in the future, I would assume that futuristic doctors would be robots.

Actually, I totally agree with you. They do seem like robots, not as much as Quote, but still roboty...

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Doctor and Nurse=frogs
Balrog=Robot
Pooh Black= Overheated robot-that`s why its smoking!

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:26 PM
X-Calibar Online
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
NO clue about them... must be frogs ;) Don't they look like a popular japanese toy or something?

I think they treat the Gaudi for injuries and stuff... remember in the best ending(?), they were being treated for injuries on bed by them.

My question is .. Is Pooh Black a ghost?! They thought he was, and he acts like a ghost. And why is the ghost haunting that place where the Cure-All is? And in the best ending.. isn't Pooh Black helping out too?

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:42 AM
1. The doctor and nurse wouldn't have anything to treat but Gaudi. So yeah, they treat Gaudi.
2. Pooh Black is definitely a ghost, it says so in the game and we've discussed it here. He's helping the doctor and nurse because he's not an eveil ghost, he was just territorial, you know, with the whole "haunting" thing that ghosts do.
3. He's probably haunting that old place because he used to work there.