Quote's father?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2006 at 9:24 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hey guys, I dont think this was mentioned before. I was just playing trough grass town and I saw the scene where Quote frees Kazuma form the shelter and first meets prof. Booster.

When Booster sees quote he is shocked (!!!) and then silent. Kazuma asks him if they know eachother and Booster is quick to change te subject.

Now I really base this on nothing but it just gave me the feeling that prof. Booster is the one who build Quote. His father. Check out the scene and you'll know what I mean. What else could it mean? This would also explain Booster leaving him messages and giving him the boosters and suff like that.

Anybody got more proof for this perhaps?

May 17, 2006 at 12:06 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I must disagree. For the most part, it seems that Booster is merely shocked that one of the surface robots had survived that long in working order, not to mention the fact that it was helping his assosciate. However, some might suggest that they have at least met before...

May 17, 2006 at 7:36 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Nope not a father

Nah,Booster can't be his father/creator,I have to agree with Epsilon on this one.

May 17, 2006 at 12:07 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Same here since we all know there were a wave of surface bots which attacked the Mimigas. There are some spoilers that I could say but you have to figure it out.

May 17, 2006 at 5:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Don't worry about spoilers I pretty much saw everything but curly's underwear.

Sure he could be shocked because Quote's a killer robot, but that wouldn't explain them having met before. And it's obvious that's the reason he's shocked.

Sure, there's no real proof for Booster having built Quote but how would you guys explain his reaction? Booster also know much more about the killer robots than the others, and seems to treat Quote different than the others do...

May 17, 2006 at 6:29 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I think booster designed, or helped design the "robots with souls" (EG Quote and Curly) but I don't think he actually built them
This would be consistent with the messages in the "Waterway Cabin" being from Booster

May 17, 2006 at 7:00 PM
upthorn said:
I think booster designed, or helped design the "robots with souls" (EG Quote and Curly) but I don't think he actually built them
This would be consistent with the messages in the "Waterway Cabin" being from Booster

THAT Is also a coincidence about how could Booster wrote messages in there,He cant survive going there UNLESS He sent the message from one computer to that computer.

May 17, 2006 at 7:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
There is certainly evidence for a former association or connection between Booster and Quote. However, it could be something like Booster being a part of the group that sent Quote and Curly to the island. There is nothing pointing specifically to it being as close a relationship as father/son or creator/invention.

May 17, 2006 at 7:15 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I think Smitz is right, but i be sure, booster knows quote...

May 17, 2006 at 7:38 PM
this reminds me does anyone else think Quote and Curly could be humens that became robots or something along those lines

May 17, 2006 at 9:19 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
upthorn said:
Yes I was thinking about a connection with this. Maybe wife bore child is a metaphor for Quote being activated? Just a wild guess.
Shmitz said:
There is certainly evidence for a former association or connection between Booster and Quote. However, it could be something like Booster being a part of the group that sent Quote and Curly to the island. There is nothing pointing specifically to it being as close a relationship as father/son or creator/invention.
Exactly. The whole father thingy was just what my gut told me, there are no real facts to prove it.

May 17, 2006 at 9:54 PM
God of Chaos said:
this reminds me does anyone else think Quote and Curly could be humens that became robots or something along those lines

In some ways they do seem more like cyborgs (part human, part robot) than completely robotic. For example, they sleep, take medicine, breathe air, etc.

May 17, 2006 at 10:58 PM
I am not sure you know this but Quote and Curly were sent to destroy the doctor, but by the time they reached the doctor, he became powerful and Curly and Quote got flinged away, giving them amnesia(not another cliche!). Quote ended up in that cave, while Curly ended up in the Sand Zone with the Mimiga children. That is how I see it though. Booster probably did have some hand in sending Quote and Curly to the island.

May 19, 2006 at 9:48 PM
Django said:
I am not sure you know this but Quote and Curly were sent to
destroy the doctor, but by the time they reached the doctor, he became powerful and Curly and Quote got flinged away, giving them amnesia(not another cliche!). Quote ended up in that cave, while Curly ended up in the Sand Zone with the Mimiga children.
That is how I see it though. Booster probably did have some hand in sending Quote and Curly to the island.
no they where sent to destory the demon crown when the other robots where sent the the island 10 years ago the doctor, sue and the others worn't on the island yet they got there some odd years after those event that transpired then most likey the doctor had eather sent his own robots or twiked someone elses to get him the crown back then and they failed

one more thing mark spoilers

May 19, 2006 at 10:55 PM
Your latter idea seems the most obvious... That is something to think about. I have to give kudos to pixel for making this game have many loose ends which make you think what is going on.

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:17 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Quote and Curly weren't sent to rid of the Doctor. They were originally sent to rid of the Demon Crown. If my basic understanding of Cave Story is correct Quote and Curly were the second group of robots that were sent to the island. The original group of robots were sent to retrieve the demon crown, aka "The Killer Robots". After a short battle against Ballos both Quote and Curly are defeated and wake up some time after the battle with memory loss. I believe the killer robots attacked ten years before the events of Cave Story. Curly woke up sometime before Quote and began taking care of the mimiga children in the sand zone. Quote eventually woke up and thus begins Cave Story.

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Please view the forum rules on replying to old conversations.
(You know, stuff that happened 9 years ago!)

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:19 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
camero, perhaps you should read the rules before backseat moderating. while this is an obscenely old thread to bump and it may in fact be the greatest bump I have ever seen, his post breaks no rules. it contributes.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:24 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Wrong, actually, bumps that don't acknowledge that they're bumping and try to continue the conversation as though it had never ended are entirely disallowed (outside of 'timeless' threads such as rule threads). Even then for something this ancient I'd almost always prefer to see a new topic made.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.