Some questions...

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:37 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, I have questions about some of the more ambiguous parts of Cave Story's plot. First of all, I recall from somewhere that there were humans on the Island before the robot war. Have these always been there? or were they mostly researchers like the Sakamoto's and company?

Also, what do you think Arthur looked like? I bet this has been discussed to death before, but whatever.

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:47 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Noxid said:
Alright, I have questions about some of the more ambiguous parts of Cave Story's plot. First of all, I recall from somewhere that there were humans on the Island before the robot war. Have these always been there? or were they mostly researchers like the Sakamoto's and company?
Well, we don't really know who there humans were. All we know is what we're told by Jenka: That at the time of the war, there were humans on the Island who tried to protect the Mimigas.

Noxid said:
Also, what do you think Arthur looked like? I bet this has been discussed to death before, but whatever.
Actually no, it hasn't. All that's been ever said about his appearance on teh forumz was that he had blue eyes. Maybe some of the mods have Arthur as a character?

Also, welcome to teh forumz.

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:52 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well here's my opinion on the first part:

I believe that the first humans came to the island in colony like groups. Similar to the colonization of America, I suppose. They obviously reproduced and what not until the island became quite populated (the king and his people that are spoken about in the whole ballos story). Then, when Ballos' magic runs wild, the kingdom is destroyed and most of the people are killed. After that I suppose that they came in small groups, like Sue's group. Pretty straightforward. :p

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:55 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Here is a discussion on Arthur. Not much is said in game about him, so its pretty much all specualtion.

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:08 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
T-Jack said:
All that's been ever said about his appearance on teh forumz was that he had blue eyes. Maybe some of the mods have Arthur as a character?

Mine will :D
I've got somewhat of an image of what Arthur should look like in my head, but I for some reason felt that it just wasn't my place to decide what he looks like. Arthur means different things to different people, and I want all of it represented.

Here is what I think Arthur looks like.

diph.php

My reasoning behind this:
1) Arthur is Toroko's brother, hence the square-ish face and shorter-than-average ears.
2) Arthur is a commanding, no-nonsense guy, hence the strong eyebrows.
3) Green eyes because he is mysterious :p
4) The ends of his ears are black because that's like the signature to his image, like King's scar or Quote's hat.

Also, I read that Arthur thread. Good stuff, lots of backstory info that kinda gets off the topic of Arthur but extremely useful to me nonetheless. I am surprised that this has not been so deeply explored.

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:26 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I picture Arthur looking a lot like King, only more old/noble/scarred/badass.

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:01 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Wait, more badass than King?

Does not compute!:eek:

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:27 AM
Been here way too long...
Curly Brace's Story has Arthur. He probably has blue eyes, from what I can understand of Ryuouutan's rambling. I don't remember his face, I played the game too long ago, but I remember it was a King edit, and he had a blue sweater.
Anyway.
There aren't many parts of the Island that look suited to human communities, so I assume that there were just permanent research stations there, or maybe one community. I'm thinking like Lusitania from Speaker for the Dead, if any of you are Orson Card fans, where they set up a village just to study an alien tribe. Probably what happened on the Island, since I doubt Mimigas built the Egg Corridor.

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM
hm, I loved that book.
anyways, yeelow sweater hurts my eyes, I'd change it's color a tad.

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM
/end
Yakkers said:
I picture Arthur looking a lot like King, only more old/noble/scarred/badass.

This .

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Er, don't really see anything.

Anyhoo, just because one happens to be a sibling does not mean they have to look alike. There can be some difference in facial qualities.

That and I just don't like the current Arthur.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM
Orange Shirt Arthur looks like a human with white skin and large ears. Not that it's a bad drawing, I just don't think it's a good representation of Arthur. I'm picturing something like if Toroko and King had a babby. Obviously that makes no sense canonically, and you may be thinking "What is up with this dude's head" (long story), but in my imagination I can see this. But until we have developed cerebral implant you guys won't know my impression of Arthur.

Sep 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Arthur

Well i see arthur as a kind of teenager look, Green sweater with a sword in his hand a lot like the blade. But he has to be able to look happy aswell because it kindas runs in the family i mean toroko is soo cute and fuzzy (and im not gay LMAO) so arthur has to smile lol. We all have different views.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:20 AM
JetHawk95 said:
(and im not gay LMAO)
For future reference, gay = male homosexuality, lesbian = female homosexuality. Don't go around telling people you are gay or they might wonder about your gender. Oh, wait, you're not gay, never mind.
Ahem. Where were we? Oh yeah. Arthur. There's no reason a cheery attitude should run in the family. It could make sense, but on the other hand Arthur could be even more of a ferocious bad-ass than King.