Booster = Ballos?

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Just something I've noticed... Booster shares MANY relations to Ballos.

Booster acts in a really strange way. The first time he meets you, he is shocked when he meets Quote. Could it be because he finally found the one who could defeat his real form, i.e. Ballos?

Many mysteries surround him. During the ending, after Ballos' death, and ONLY after, he goes see Jenka, who apparently knows him. During the credits, he is called "Sue's grandfather figure". He is completely missing in the labo scene where all of the family is united. At the end of the credits, he is seen next to Jenka. If you talk to him during the plantation whilst wearing the mask, he will say something about everything being his fault. Also, why, out of everyone, would Misery send HIM to the labyrinth? Why not Kazuma? Why not Sue? Or Jack?

A simple remark, but his ingame sprite's glasses are red. His textbox face's glasses are white, just like Ballos' eyes. He also is the same size of the half-humans half-wizards in the game, like Jenka and Misery (Ballos had gotten quite a transformation).

The biggest thing I would like to point out is that the shack that serves as the entrance to the sacred grounds has what seems to be Booster's diary on the bookshelf. If you come back during the breakdown, it asks you if you want to give up.

Even if Booster is not directly Ballos, he is pretty strange and seems to share a relation with the family.

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Booster can survive and be in the best ending credits (i.e., you beat Ballos, and let Booster live to the ending.), and the reason he's so shocked at meeting Quote is because he's a robot from the surface. Don't you remember the drama from the cutscene before the Sand Zone?

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:25 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Moupi said:
...his ingame sprite's glasses are red. His textbox face's glasses are white...

Whut.
p80803-0-char12.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:32 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
REALLY. YOU SAW THE ONLY TWO OLD GUYS IN THE GAME, AND YOU THOUGHT "THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON."
Ballos was completely trapped in the sealed chamber, and if he managed to escape from it in any form he wouldn't be sitting around Mimiga Village. If you think he's somehow possessed Booster or become one with him (iunno he kinda looks like Buddha), NO. There are A MILLION OTHER PEOPLE that Ballos could have possessed that would be more useful. And that would be a stupid theory anyway.
The entrance to Sacred Grounds has Booster's diary because Sakamotoes & co. made that building when they arrived. It might not be a coincidence that Sacred Grounds is directly beneath the Prefab Hut, but Ballos CANNOT EXIT THE CHAMBER AND THAT IS THAT.

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:51 AM
daughter of chivalry
Take it easy!

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:26 AM
No, really, like Desu said, ゆっくりしていってね.
You could always try contributing something non-sexual and non-violent to the thread. I know it's a dumb thread, but don't kill it that fast. Maybe someone will come along and defend his theory. YOU NEVER KNOW. But I know you're capable of more than just mindless spamming.
Move on and resume discussion of Booster = Ballos, pl0x.

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:35 AM
Uhm... thnx? I think?
BTW, if I ever start saying things in Japanese just for fun, please end my life.
Anway,
Moupi said:
Even if Booster is not directly Ballos, he is pretty strange and seems to share a relation with the family.
By "he" do you mean Booster? Yes, he is very close to the Sakamotoes. That much his very obvious. If "he" means Ballos, then I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't think anyone but Misery, Jenka and Balrog know of his existence.

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:03 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Captain Fabulous said:
Uhm... thnx? I think?
BTW, if I ever start saying things in Japanese just for fun, please end my life.
Anway,

By "he" do you mean Booster? Yes, he is very close to the Sakamotoes. That much his very obvious. If "he" means Ballos, then I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't think anyone but Misery, Jenka and Balrog know of his existence.

Captain, I think the "FAMILY" means Jenka, Misery, and Ballos.
They ARE family, too.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Moupi said:
Just something I've noticed... Booster shares MANY relations to Ballos.
Yeah, for instance both of their names start with a "B".

Moupi said:
Booster acts in a really strange way. The first time he meets you, he is shocked when he meets Quote. Could it be because he finally found the one who could defeat his real form, i.e. Ballos?
Or could it be because Quote is *gasp* a killer robot??

Moupi said:
Many mysteries surround him. During the ending, after Ballos' death, and ONLY after, he goes see Jenka, who apparently knows him.
How many times do I have to repeat it? Booster visits Jenka whether you kill Ballos or not. The only thing you have to do is save him (ie. overlook him in the Labyrinth)

Moupi said:
During the credits, he is called "Sue's grandfather figure".
Um... did you mistake Sue for Misery? Because, you know, Sue is Momorin's daughter and Kazuma's sister and has no relation whatsoever to Ballos.

Moupi said:
He is completely missing in the labo scene where all of the family is united.
Because, I dunno, he never left the Island with the rest of the team?

Moupi said:
At the end of the credits, he is seen next to Jenka.
At the end of the credits, the Hermit Gunsmith is seen next to MALCO. Does that mean they are related?

Moupi said:
If you talk to him during the plantation whilst wearing the mask, he will say something about everything being his fault.
... what?

Moupi said:
Also, why, out of everyone, would Misery send HIM to the labyrinth? Why not Kazuma? Why not Sue? Or Jack?
Here's a thought: Doctor didn't want to get rid of the Mimigas, he wanted to capture them. As for Kazuma, I dunno, he probably escaped before Misery got to him.

Moupi said:
A simple remark, but his ingame sprite's glasses are red. His textbox face's glasses are white, just like Ballos' eyes.
Already debunked.

Moupi said:
He also is the same size of the half-humans half-wizards in the game, like Jenka and Misery (Ballos had gotten quite a transformation).
He is also the same size as Quote and Curly. Does that mean he's a killer robot as well?

Moupi said:
The biggest thing I would like to point out is that the shack that serves as the entrance to the sacred grounds has what seems to be Booster's diary on the bookshelf. If you come back during the breakdown, it asks you if you want to give up.
Yeah, considering that the team landed their helicopter on the Balcony, there's pretty much no way Booster's diary could've gotten there without him being Ballos.

Moupi said:
How is he strange? Which family do you mean?

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
JacobX891 said:
Nope. All I know how to do is kill and fuck.
So I'll just stay out.

We totally need to hang out.

And I'm with T-Jack on this one.
Booster is not Ballos.
If I had any hunches about someone have their alter-ego being Ballos, I'd say it's...
Wow, you went through all those spoilers just to read this?
Jack. I mean, where does he go?

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:20 PM
T-Jack wins the award for Longest Post. DB wins for Most Annoying.
Well, that theory was pwned pretty fast. But Ballos could still be mind-controlling Booster, right?

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:35 PM
This Troper
Ballos could be mind-controlling pretty much anyone, preferably someone who doesn't die in the game. If anything, I'd say it was Quote. Which would mean that, yes, you are Ballos!!

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
OMG! BALLOS PLAYS CAVE STORY!!!!

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Okay, that would be fucked up, whyme. The goal of the game is to kill yourself?
Also, Ballos wouldn't be able to mind-control Quote, because Quote doesn't have a mind. He are robot, and controlling circuitry with your brain is much different from controlling another brain with your brain, as everyone knows. Ballos is probably controlling Moromin, mostly so he can go "Heheheheh boobies".

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:17 PM
In front of a computer
This is a funny theory. :D I don't think it could be true though.

DragonBoots said:
Wow, you went through all those spoilers just to read this?
Jack. I mean, where does he go?
Actually, no, I "cheated" by quoting your post. :(

Captain Fabulous said:
DB wins for Most Annoying [Post].
Yes he does.

T-Jack said:
... what?
Even if it's true, I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate reasons for Booster to blame himself without him being Ballos. For example, perhaps it was on his suggestion/recommendation that Date came along.

T-Jack said:
Here's a thought: Doctor didn't want to get rid of the Mimigas, he wanted to capture them. As for Kazuma, I dunno, he probably escaped before Misery got to him.
Indeed, Kazuma escaped, so that's why Misery didn't send him anywhere. Probably he would have been sent to the labyrinth if he had been caught.

T-Jack said:
Yeah, considering that the team landed their helicopter on the Balcony, there's pretty much no way Booster's diary could've gotten there without him being Ballos.
Also, they built the shack in which Booster's diary is found.

And the bit about the bookshelf asking you if you want to try again is not canon. It's simply a gameplay device. If this were non-interactive fiction, it would not do that.

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM
yup. it's jack. definitely.

(now, if i didn't have that stupid 1 in the middle of my post count...)

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:18 PM
The 1 makes it kinky, Lace.
I wonder if anyone is actually going to defend this theory? Because I'd say there's not much point in continuing to debunk it, since it's a fail pile anyway.
Let's look at some of the similarities between the two: 1) They are old 2)Their names start with "B" 3) Their names both have an "o" 4) At least one red eye/lens 5) Have some connection to Jenka.
CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE, LADY AND GENTLEMEN.

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:15 PM
Banned
Captain Fabulous said:
Okay, that would be fucked up, whyme. The goal of the game is to kill yourself?
Also, Ballos wouldn't be able to mind-control Quote, because Quote doesn't have a mind. He are robot, and controlling circuitry with your brain is much different from controlling another brain with your brain, as everyone knows. Ballos is probably controlling Moromin, mostly so he can go "Heheheheh boobies".

diph.php

You should know by now that there's a game for everything.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:19 PM
This Troper
And not only one:
p80822-0-planescapetormentbox.jpg

Also, Karoshi.

BTW, Cap, you forgot to mention that their names also have an "s".

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM
T-Jack said:
BTW, Cap, you forgot to mention that their names also have an "s".
OMFG THEY MUST BE THE SAME PERSON.
No, I meant it would be fucked up if You, T-Jack, were playing a game where the objective was to kill you, T-Jack.