Ages of the characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2009 at 6:08 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Formed from a small discussion in the Who's Sexy thread.

So, how old do you think the characters are?

Here are some of what I think:

Sue: Around 10-14 yrs
Kazuma: 18
Momorin: 35
Booster: 50s

Etc, etc.

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:17 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Sue: 10
King: 21
Kazuma: 19
Momorin: 43
Booster: 60
Jenka: 70 (if she was a normal mortal person)
Toroko: 6

The mimigas are in human years btw.

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:38 AM
daughter of chivalry
Yakkers said:
King: 21
Momorin: 30
Booster: 65
Jenka: 70
Toroko: 6

I would think that Jenka would be much older than that, perhaps hundreds of more years. Since Misery is like, immortal or something like that.

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:44 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
WHAT. MOROMIN? 30? KAZUMA? 19 WHAAAAT? DID YOU EVEN THINK THAT ONE THROUGH, YAKKERS?
I will modify that:
King: 10
Momorin: 39
Jenka: 943
Toroko: 3
Mimigas have an average lifespan of 15 years. Ever wonder why only one Mimiga remembered the Red Flower War?
Now for my own:
Quote: (looks like) 14
Curly: (looks like) 14
Fuyijauighjh Date: 41
Misery: 918
Balrog: I HAVE NO CLUE
Chaco: 8

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:50 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
WHAT. MOROMIN? 30? KAZUMA? 19 WHAAAAT? DID YOU EVEN THINK THAT ONE THROUGH, YAKKERS?
I will modify that:
King: 10
Momorin: 39
Jenka: 943
Toroko: 3
Mimigas have an average lifespan of 15 years. Ever wonder why only one Mimiga remembered the Red Flower War?
Now for my own:
Quote: (looks like) 14
Curly: (looks like) 14
Fuyijauighjh Date: 41
Misery: 918
Balrog: I HAVE NO CLUE
Chaco: 8

Wouldn't Misery be younger, since 25 would have been kind of young (seeing as she's immortal) for jenka to give birth to her? I'd say they're at least 100 years apart.

Momorin: 41, assuming she didn't get knocked up straight out of highschool
Toroko: 6, she can talk so she's gotta be older than 3, even in mimiga years.
Sue: 11, You're pretty much spot on I'd say
Chaco: 8 seems good if we're in mimiga years.
Booster: 55, I don't think he'd have that kind of mobility he possesses (walking) if he was 65. Plus his face is wrinkle free. And if I recall he isn't directly related to anyone...

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM
Mimigas obviously develop things like speech faster than humans. I could make a big post about the Mimiga mind and body from birth to death, but I'm too tired right now. I think 6 is too old. By 6, Mimigas shold be able to be warriors and hunters and sex slaves and stuff like that.
I also think Toroko is a lot younger than some of the perverts here think she is. At least, I hope so.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:02 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Captain Fabulous said:
Mimigas obviously develop things like speech faster than humans. I could make a big post about the Mimiga mind and body from birth to death, but I'm too tired right now. I think 6 is too old. By 6, Mimigas shold be able to be warriors and hunters and sex slaves and stuff like that.
I also think Toroko is a lot younger than some of the perverts here think she is. At least, I hope so.

Why? Why would you hope so? Are you wishing that perverts are actually lusting for a child rather than a mature mimiga??? If so, you are a sick, sick bastard.
[/non-seriousness]

Of course, with the mimiga's mind and body from birth to death, we are yet again theorizing on what is many assumptions, leading the theory to be more implausible. And I never saw any evidence of Mimiga sex slaves. 'Course, the only female mimigas in the game are chaco, chie, toroko, and sue, so it's hard to say. Unless some of the working mimigas were female. Hard to say.....

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
JacobX891 said:
HOW CAN CHACO BE 8?! WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU ON?

*cough* mimigas live to about 15, as theorized by Cap'n fab. Please read his post before posting tyvm.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Misery is not that old, most of her life has been in stasis. She is severely limited with her magic compared to Ballos or Jenka.

Jenka has been around for a long time, though do I believe that she is only capable of extending her life and has limits.

Ballos on the other hand seems to have been incapable of dying from old age.

Captain Fabulous said:
Most of the Mimiga were either killed or "never seen again" as of the end of the war. All of the Mimiga were either young or old with nothing inbetween ten years after the war. Who would enlist the young or the elderly in a war?

The 15 year lifespan thing is almost plausible though. But then what is with the whole age gap thing? Everyone besides Zett look young. Not to mention that (if I recall) Zett is Chie's grandfather, which is difficult to pull off with a 15 year lifespan.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
The average lifespan of a Mimiga should be between 40-50, not 15. If a Mimiga's mind matures at a rate analogue to that of a human one, then at most they might achieve the intelligence of an eight to nine-year-old child, and the average would probably be around seven years. Not to mention that creatures with brains of similar size to humans live about as long, such as the great apes who live to be around 40 years old, or dolphins who can live to 50, and they don't build houses.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:16 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Balrog: 406 YOA

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Banned
JacobX891 said:
THAT CANNOT BE TRUE IN ANY WAY YOU'RE ALL FUCKING RETARDED AND STUPID WHAT THE HELL SHUT UP.

Since when did you mind something like that?

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Sick Bastard said:
The average lifespan of a Mimiga should be between 40-50, not 15. If a Mimiga's mind matures at a rate analogue to that of a human one, then at most they might achieve the intelligence of an eight to nine-year-old child, and the average would probably be around seven years. Not to mention that creatures with brains of similar size to humans live about as long, such as the great apes who live to be around 40 years old, or dolphins who can live to 50, and they don't build houses.
I'm going to assume "analogue" means "similar". Stop using big words around me.
Anyway, I think Mimigas mature faster than humans, so that they hit their peak around 7 or 8, and the life after their peak is relatively short. Mimigas are not as intelligent as humans, but they're not stupid either. Their brain develops differently than ours. I'm sorry, it's just that I'm basing my theory on rabbits.
And Jacob, it's fine if Chaco is 8 as long as she matures faster than humans. Some parts of her brain are different. Use your imagination to somehow turn that into an excuse for her to want to have sex with you.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Banned
Respect your elders. And do other things.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM
I'm going to assume "analogue" means "similar". Stop using big words around me.
Anyway, I think Mimigas mature faster than humans, so that they hit their peak around 7 or 8, and the life after their peak is relatively short. Mimigas are not as intelligent as humans, but they're not stupid either. Their brain develops differently than ours.
Unless you speak of a very small difference, you are saying that they're stupid. If the difference is negligible, every Mimiga would have to be Michael Kearny.

I'm sorry, it's just that I'm basing my theory on rabbits.
Rabbits aren't nearly as big as humans, can't talk, and don't wield tools, and furthermore, they do not achieve the intelligence of an adult human in six years or less.

Not even a teenager.

Fuck.

Aug 6, 2009 at 1:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
I'm sorry, it's just that I'm basing my theory on rabbits.
Sorry but although Mimigas are based on rabbits in design, for the purpose of the story Mimigas and Rabbits are not related as was pointed out in the CS Earth thread. It is impossible for the process of evolution to produce a Mimiga from a Rabbit since it strips them of several natural defences for a loooooonng period of time (hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of years). Since evolution works as minor changes per generation over millions of years with good changes bred back into the species and bad changes culled by natural selection you can understand how such a process is impossible. Furthermore there is no indication that Rabbits even exist on Cave Story's world and many fictional anthromorphic-like races are usually given longer lifespans than their standard animal counterparts.

Sick Bastard said:
I support this theory. Though I would have guessed thirty-something.

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:33 AM
andwhyisit said:
Sorry but although Mimigas are based on rabbits in design, for the purpose of the story Mimigas and Rabbits are not related as was pointed out in the CS Earth thread. It is impossible for the process of evolution to produce a Mimiga from a Rabbit since it strips them of several natural defences for a loooooonng period of time (hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of years). Since evolution works as minor changes per generation over millions of years with good changes bred back into the species and bad changes culled by natural selection you can understand how such a process is impossible. Furthermore there is no indication that Rabbits even exist on Cave Story's world and many fictional anthromorphic-like races are usually given longer lifespans than their standard animal counterparts.
Okay but they look like rabbits. Why can't I draw more similarities between them and rabbits in my theories? I never said that they evolved from rabbits, or that rabbits even exist in Cave Story. They could be aliens! BUT THEY ARE RABBIT-LIKE ALIENS.

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:39 AM
Captain Fabulous said:
Okay but they look like rabbits. Why can't I draw more similarities between them and rabbits in my theories? I never said that they evolved from rabbits, or that rabbits even exist in Cave Story. They could be aliens! BUT THEY ARE RABBIT-LIKE ALIENS.

It makes me sad in the pants to imagine cute talking bunnies becoming withered and unattractive at age nine and dying at age fifteen.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:09 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sick Bastard said:
It makes me sad in the pants to imagine cute talking bunnies becoming withered and unattractive at age nine and dying at age fifteen.
They would be withered and unattractive by 12, not 9, in that case.

Captain Fabulous said:
I think your earlier statement of "they look like rabbits" was more accurate than "rabbit-like", but I see your point. But to be honest I would more expect a 30-year lifespan over a 15-year one.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:34 AM
I was thinking, though: why did EVERYONE except one Mimiga die in the Red Flower Wars and live until the game? King MIGHT have been in the war, but everyone else is so young. Even if they were the offspring of the survivors, if they live for 30 years, where are all these survivors now? There sure are a lot of Mimigas who are too young remember it. Unless all the older ones died for some reason and all you see (mostly) is young Mimigas, or they breed like rabbits, there should be some people who remember a massacre of their whole species.

Status
Not open for further replies.