an MMO? dare to dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:07 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
so yeah a basic question....most of us have seen GRAAL...a cool MMO based off of zelda thats really fun

question is if it's possible to make an MMO out of cave story and who would be willing to do it?

anyone care to discuss?

Aug 5, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
maknig a good game takes years of effort, making a good mmo takes far more years of effort, and far more people working on it.

so yeh, i would love to see it but with our resources, 'tain't possible.

Aug 5, 2009 at 2:30 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
It would be awesome...
Hmmm...
Write a letter to Pixel?

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:20 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
DragonBoots said:
It would be awesome...
Hmmm...
Write a letter to Pixel?

Pixel wouldn't do it....

in his interview he basically said cave story was a great project but a pain in the ass to complete and make to what it is today...and that he would never work on a sequel...

so seeing as how he won't even make a sequel im sure an MMO is impossible to see :(

wish it would happen....it could be during the mimiga and robot wars and you'd get to choose your sides and run around in all the cave story maps shooting each other and all that crap...would be great :)

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:22 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
What happened to Agora's Legends?

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:25 AM
Fire1052 said:

never heard of it

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:12 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
Fire1052 said:

It deathed I guess.

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM
Here is how we get a Cave Story MMOG made:
1. Buy a DMC-12.
2. Go back in time to 1991.
3. Give Nintendo a copy of Cave Story.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Fire1052 said:
Hard Drive crash. Plus hard drive recovery is expensive, especially when JTE isn't earning all that much at the moment. It is pretty much on hiatus until the source files can be recovered. JTE has very little choice in the matter.

Mr. Fist said:
It deathed I guess.
*facepalm*

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:39 PM
JacobX891 said:
That's because you're a fag.

fail troll is fail

.......facepalm.jpg

when will newfags ever learn :/

Aug 5, 2009 at 6:51 PM
Yes. Jacob. He is a newfag. It's not you who is being a newfag, for creating a topic about something completely impossible, it is Jacob, who has 2,138 posts.

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:35 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
andwhyisit said:
Hard Drive crash. Plus hard drive recovery is expensive, especially when JTE isn't earning all that much at the moment. It is pretty much on hiatus until the source files can be recovered. JTE has very little choice in the matter.

See, Andwhy tells me things. JTE just bans me.

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Aug 6, 2009 at 3:05 AM
Captain Fabulous said:
Yes. Jacob. He is a newfag. It's not you who is being a newfag, for creating a topic about something completely impossible, it is Jacob, who has 2,138 posts.

i guess you are as well...since this is a discussion thread...not asking for this to happen...

facepalm.png

don't tell me this is 90% of the forums...i think it's just you two...hopefully...i'd be horrified if this site is filled with more gaiafags

but i've seen the other USEFUL posts so i'm giving the site as a whole the benefit of the doubt...it's just you 2

EDIT: also I can post on this site over 9000 times doesn't make me a veteran in this site....just means i talk more....

/thread

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:12 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
No John, you are the gaiafags.

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:30 AM
SHADOWCRAZY. THIS IS NOT 4CHAN. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE NOTICED. I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to say "gaiafags", "facepalm.png", and "over 9000" all in the same post. if not, it should be. And having over 2000 posts KIND OF DOES make you a veteran.
Also, Jacob and I are posting dumb stuff in this thread because it's a dumb thread.
AND remember to use brackets when closing a thread. Always use brackets. Or <> thingies, if you're 1337.
SO NOW GO BACK TO YOUR DAYDREAMING. I'M SURE IT WILL GET YOU FAR IN LIFE.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:36 AM
Captain Fabulous said:
SHADOWCRAZY. THIS IS NOT 4CHAN. YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE NOTICED. I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to say "gaiafags", "facepalm.png", and "over 9000" all in the same post. if not, it should be. And having over 2000 posts KIND OF DOES make you a veteran.
Also, Jacob and I are posting dumb stuff in this thread because it's a dumb thread.
AND remember to use brackets when closing a thread. Always use brackets. Or <> thingies, if you're 1337.
SO NOW GO BACK TO YOUR DAYDREAMING. I'M SURE IT WILL GET YOU FAR IN LIFE.

lol so automatically i'm from that super secret club 4chan because they say this shit?

hi you must be new in the internet...i'm the internet troll...i say shit to prove how immature most of the internet population is...now let me explain the reason you were trolled

1.you reacted to me calling your friend a newfag and defending him like he's your gay lover
2.trying to make fun of me in the process...me a stranger whom you will never meet in your life
3.actually assuming i'm from 4chan because of the way i speak...and judging by the idiotic posts you guys make i woulda assumed you were from 4chan yourselves
also #4. you are arguing with a complete stranger from the internet and trying to be the internet tough guy.....you sir have failed and can continue to kill yourself after reading this post and noticing how stupid you are for trying to not only argue with me but trying to act tough on the internet without just ignoring me in the whole process and being an adult

good day to you sir and enjoy your faggotry

.....also to respond to that over 2000 posts....so you're saying i could just spam a thread with just stupid shit for the whole day....making over 2000 posts and that means i can be better then you???? FUCKING AWESOME i'll get right on it......

facepalm....you guys really are too easy...i almost feel sorry for laughing at you for actually replying to my post....lord help us all

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:45 AM
You talk to me like I've never encountered a troll before. OBVIOUSLY whenever someone uses the word "fag" they're trolling. You're like a retarded version of Kage... and I'm replying to you right now because I'm bored and I feel like sending this thread into a burning downward spiral of death. So:
shadowcrazy said:
1.you reacted to me calling your friend a newfag and defending him like he's your gay lover
Jacob and I are gay lovers. I can't believe you didn't notice.
shadowcrazy said:
2.trying to make fun of me in the process...me a stranger whom you will never meet in your life
Making fun of people on the internet. Who does that, right? Not cool people such as yourself.
shadowcrazy said:
3.actually assuming i'm from 4chan because of the way i speak...and judging by the idiotic posts you guys make i woulda assumed you were from 4chan yourselves
But you have posted on 4chan before, right?
shadowcrazy said:
also #4. you are arguing with a complete stranger from the internet and trying to be the internet tough guy.....you sir have failed and can continue to kill yourself after reading this post and noticing how stupid you are for trying to not only argue with me but trying to act tough on the internet without just ignoring me in the whole process and being an adult
This isn't an argument, this is me venting RAEG ASLKHF;AO and pointing out that you fall below the minimum requirements for being on the internet. I bet you didn't know the internet had requirements, did you? Neither did I, but it's obvious you don't meet them.
shadowcrazy said:
.....also to respond to that over 2000 posts....so you're saying i could just spam a thread with just stupid shit for the whole day....making over 2000 posts and that means i can be better then you????
If you want to get banned, then yes.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:53 AM
Captain Fabulous said:
You talk to me like I've never encountered a troll before. OBVIOUSLY whenever someone uses the word "fag" they're trolling. You're like a retarded version of Kage... and I'm replying to you right now because I'm bored and I feel like sending this thread into a burning downward spiral of death. So:

Jacob and I are gay lovers. I can't believe you didn't notice.

Making fun of people on the internet. Who does that, right? Not cool people such as yourself.

But you have posted on 4chan before, right?

This isn't an argument, this is me venting RAEG ASLKHF;AO and pointing out that you fall below the minimum requirements for being on the internet. I bet you didn't know the internet had requirements, did you? Neither did I, but it's obvious you don't meet them.

If you want to get banned, then yes.

lol well you are replyin to this because you are being trolled...obviously you DONT know what a troll is....like i said...i say shit to homos like you to get attention and to piss you off...which i can tell is working since you are using up so much of your time that you could be spending getting ur bitch to respond to me

so in short you fail...i win...end of story...any questions? if so trolled again

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:05 AM
"Captain Fabulous" said:
I'm replying to you right now because I'm bored and I feel like sending this thread into a burning downward spiral of death.
Wow, you're like some kind of uber-troll. You have this whole forum wrapped around your pinky finger.
IF I GAVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS THREAD I WOULD HAVE IGNORED YOU. NOW IT IS TIME FOR THIS THREAD TO DIE AND FOR ME TO BE ENTERTAINED.
NOW TROLL ME BACK, FUCKER.

Status
Not open for further replies.