Plantation: a living tree man?

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So, while exploring the plantation, I boosted up to the far top right and found a door that led to "passage?"
The passage contained a straight hall to another door, and below the hall was an unbreakable maze that leads to another door.
Through the hall you enter a room of statues of different sorts of creatures which all have something in common: they are wearing the demon crown.
At the end of the hall is a giant upright tree-man sort of creature, holding what looks to be a champagne glass! Just kidding; it's probably a carving tool of some sort.
The last statue, which he is in front of, is of the doctor.

My Question: Who is this mystery tree character? Why is he in my way? And have any of you been able to talk to him? (more than "....")
You can answer yes or no if it's a spoiler.

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Erm...

New user, eh...?
Um, if you had beaten the game, you would have noticed in the credits:
Code:
[The statue carver]0000-0032
[  Numahachi]0088-0064
{His sprite appears with it}
The reason the statues are all wearing the Crown is because they're the previous wearers, with the Doctor being the latest, hence the work-in-progress of his statue.
Numahachi is just some Droll {The other brown and green doods on the Plantation are also Drolls} who carves the statues of the Crown wearers.....
Now, obviously you haven't beaten the game, so you should do that first, as there's more but I can't go in without spoilers.
Also, use the Search Button. I'm sure this was explained, in better detail, somewhere else...

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heh

JacobX891 said:
Oh, I'm sure it wasn't. Searching 'tree man' doesn't get you anything useful.
Well, like I said, he should beaten the game first.
That way he would have know the dood's name, and what he was doing.

And to answer your Edit questions: {In order}
I just told you in the last post.
That one you'll figure out easy if you just beat the game {Correctly}. {I also told you one reason in the previous post: Because the statue isn't finished yet}
And there's no evidence of why he doesn't talk.

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh...

Um, where did he say that?
And I never said he had to beat the game, but if he did, it'd make everything a lot easier.
Why make everything so difficult, Jacob.
Also, here's something:
On the Tribute Site {So this is unofficial, just theories}, Numahachi just didn't have anything to say to anyone.

Jun 8, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Hmmm

Hmm...
I couldn't find much about Numahachi, but that's because there's very little to discuss about him...
He just appears to be a very old Droll {hence the sticks growing off him, Drolls are probably part tree or something; I mean, we've got talking rabbits...}, and he just likes to live in seclusion, carving statues of all of the wearers of the Demon Crown.
Like the Mimigas of Plantation, he doesn't have much to say to Humans, hence why he ignores Quote.
Also, Drolls typically ignore everyone {They never attack unless attacked first}, and the only one to ever speak in the game is {Spoiler}
the one in the Teleporter Room in Plantation, who yells "KILLER ROBOT" before tackling Quote.
So,
Numahachi is basically just a Statue Carving version of the Gunsmith Hermit.
Not much to talk about, unless we get into a discussion about the origin of Drolls overall and what they really are....
JacobX891 said:
Fuck you Lowell. I'm making things difficult? No, fuck yourself. That's it, I'm done. I'm done with you. Go kill yourself, I'm gone.
Promise? :D

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Been here way too long...
Jacob, you must promise to leave these forums if Lowell kills himself. It will be worth it.
As for your question, Catiris, you should definitely finish the game before asking about anything like that. Maybe SkyWelse or someone should put a skill-testing question into the registration form, asking about the end of the game, so we know everyone's beaten it.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:21 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jacob, Lowell. Stop being at each others throats.

Actually... why don't you two add each other to your ignore lists? That way no-one has to put up with anything else from you two.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
On the Tribute Site {So this is unofficial, just theories}, Numahachi was like most of the Mimigas and just didn't have anything to say to Humans.
The Tribute Site doesn't say "Humans", it says "anyone". Also, no, I have not changed it. It already said that long before you mentioned it.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
XD

andwhyisit said:
The Tribute Site doesn't say "Humans", it says "anyone". Also, no, I have not changed it, it was already like that long before you mentioned it.
Oh, oops.
I just listened to what Dave posted XD
*Goes to fix error*
Anything to add, andwhy?
I thought there'd be more on Num; I mean, there's like a whole thread for the Gunsmith Hermit...

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:27 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
@Fabulous: No, that wouldn't be good because most of the conversation on these forums doesn't require knowledge of the best ending of CS. However, it might be good to put a warning on the registration form saying something like "If you haven't beaten Cave Story yet, these forums will probably contain many spoilers so be warned."

@Jacob: Is it just me or are you way overreacting to everything Lowell says just because you don't like him?

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Lmao, I can honestly say that I've never perceived you as "too subtle" or really subtle at all for that matter xD

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM
Lowell doesn't pick up on subtlety too well, anyway.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:33 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh

Captain Fabulous said:
Lowell doesn't pick up on subtlety too well, anyway.
I do believe this thread is about Num, not me.
Now, why don't you and Jacob quit following me around to where ever I post, just to flame me?
It'd help make the forums a nicer place, like you said you wanted them to be :D

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM
VoidMage_Lowell said:
It'd help make the forums a nicer place, like you said you wanted them to be.

I quit the Light Side, remember?
Anyway, statue carver guy. Nummy or whatever his name is. Why did he carve statues of King, Curly, Sue and Quote inside the statues of the crown bearers? It's like he can see the future, or past, or something.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:55 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
Did anybody else here try to talk to Numahachi with the mask on just to see if he'll say anything? Also, where did Num go after
Quote destroyed the Undead Core?

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:01 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Heheh

T-Jack said:
Did anybody else here try to talk to Numahachi with the mask on just to see if he'll say anything? Also, where did Num go after
Quote destroyed the Undead Core?
Almost 100% sure that he'll say the exact same thing.
People have already checked the actual scripting for some messages that he might've said that Amaya cut-out, but he only says "..."
Also, he probably freaked out and went with all of the other Mimigas and such when the Island began shaking...

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:07 AM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
VoidMage_Lowell said:
Almost 100% sure that he'll say the exact same thing.
People have already checked the actual scripting for some messages that he might've said that Amaya cut-out, but he only says "..."
Also, he probably freaked out and went with all of the other Mimigas and such when the Island began shaking...
I'm 110% sure (as in, more sure than you'd ever think was possible), 'cause I tried it. I just wanted to know if I was the only one or if anyone else did.
Oh, and here's a funny thought. Maybe the door that leads to Plantation is blocked (during Hell run) because Num left his place and locked the door.

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM
From the outside. I knew he could foresee the future.

Jun 9, 2009 at 5:58 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Captain Fabulous said:
From the outside. I knew he could foresee the future.
Hardly. He obviously finished the statue and then just simply left.

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:06 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Room

Well, he was out of room.
He probably went looking for a new place to carve more statues... :D

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:04 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
...there's no proof he's out of the room. He might be hiding behind the statues as well.