Anp

Apr 23, 2006 at 9:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I did some brute force animation searching, figured I'd document everything I found since it seems like there is a distinct lack of information about it.

http://www.horizonscape.com/shmitz/cavestory/anp.txt

I can't help but feel like it's terribly incomplete (it is), but it's a start at least.

Apr 26, 2006 at 5:26 AM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Very, godd shmitz!
Well, that's just great, you contiinue it?

Jul 19, 2006 at 4:19 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
o.k o.k o.k.I looked at that sheet and the first thing that I thought was...... UUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM......................i mean i think this is great and all,but i have no idea how to use any of it.Could someone show me?I'm not very smart......

Jul 19, 2006 at 4:36 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
That's some nice work man. Might I refer you to this thread with my own findings? It might allow you to complete some of your notes (or be totally useless to you, I dunno...) If anything I'm sure it'll arouse your interest. ;)

Quote009: Those are commands you can use with Sue's Workshop when building a script. Sue's Workshop is a program you can download on the Cave Story fansite, through which you probably found the boards in the first place. The ANP command sets the current state (how it behaves and/or which part of its AI to run) of an entity (sprite, NPC, item, whatever)

Jul 19, 2006 at 4:54 PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH.........Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!UUUUMMM.I forgot to mention i knew what it was just not how to use it.how do you write it in the script is what i meant to ask...sorry.........

Jul 19, 2006 at 5:00 PM
The Bartender
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Using the keyboard. ;)

In a map, any map, you can click on the little speech bubble saying "HEY!" on the top of the window, or right-click the map in the list and select "Script."

From there on, you can write your scripts in whichever way suits your purposes.

Jul 19, 2006 at 5:20 PM
OOOHHH.O.k thanks.

Jul 19, 2006 at 10:38 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
lol use that format: <ANPX:Y:Z
X = Number of enity, if ur unity uses code 120 for example its the number of the enity.
Y = Look at ANP Text!
Z = Direction:

0000 Left
0001 Up [FAI/FAO only?]
0002 Right
0003 Down
0004 Center [FAI/FAO only?]