Destroyed Sky Dragon Eggs

May 16, 2009 at 10:07 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
OMG SPOILERS:
There are two eggs in the Egg Corridor that don't have an embryo inside them. they have an ID Card and a computer inside them. The first couple times I played Cave Story, I took this for granted, but now I'm wondering: "Why did someone break into two eggs, remove the fetus inside them, and replace it with an ID Card/computer? And who would do it?"
Really. Why? It's like there was some kind of Sky Dragon serial killer in the Egg Corridor at some point... the Gravekeeper maybe?

May 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
THE GAME THEORY!!!

Captain Fabulous said:
OMG SPOILERS:
There are two eggs in the Egg Corridor that don't have an embryo inside them. they have an ID Card and a computer inside them. The first couple times I played Cave Story, I took this for granted, but now I'm wondering: "Why did someone break into two eggs, remove the fetus inside them, and replace it with an ID Card/computer? And who would do it?"
Really. Why? It's like there was some kind of Sky Dragon serial killer in the Egg Corridor at some point... the Gravekeeper maybe?

Or, maybe those dragon's died while in the egg, and whoever monitor the Corridor {Doubt Igor was the only one, and he wasn't always enraged} probably removed the dead dragons and placed those two things in to upgrade security for the incredibly valuable Egg Number 00.

May 16, 2009 at 10:13 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Seeing as though the two include what is needed to go through to the last egg, I think they person who was breeding then put those eggs there as fake eggs so they could bypass their security. If you go to the place with the computers, it says there is something wrong with those two eggs, I believe it says that just to remind the make of the Corridor that they were the eggs he put the items in.

May 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM
@ Lowell: Sounds reasonable. Although why would you leave an ID card in an egg? You'd think a better security setup would be to have the ID card yourself.

May 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Lost memories

Captain Fabulous said:
@ Lowell: Sounds reasonable. Although why would you leave an ID card in an egg? You'd think a better security setup would be to have the ID card yourself.
Well, maybe when Igor decided to eat the Flowers to better defend the Corridor, he put the Card there for someone else.
Then again, he got through the barrier no problem, so maybe the ID Card in the egg's like a backup key under a doormat....

May 16, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Best hiding place evar, considering there's a computer that tells you to check over there.

May 16, 2009 at 10:21 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Captain Fabulous said:
Best hiding place evar, considering there's a computer that tells you to check over there.

You think someone just wandering around would check just because there was a computer saying to check? The only reason why you check because of the computer was because you knew you had to go forward. Wait a second, that would mean that anyone trying to through would try that. Unless the white thing on the ground, was also a form of security. And that Quote is just awesome enough to outrun it.

May 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Not a hiding place

Captain Fabulous said:
Never said it was a hiding place.
Since Igor seemed to be the only one left to watch over the Corridor, when he decided to eat the Red Flowers, he probably figured that he'd have to put an ID Card for someone else coming along, lest his crazed form ruin the very Corridor he was protecting....
Or maybe they only had 15 Eggs and 17 places to put them in {Counting Number 00}, and so they thought up a clever design plan to make it look like they had all 17 Eggs
^.^;

May 16, 2009 at 10:24 PM
The white thing is named Basil. Really. It's in the credits. Also, the Egg Corridor is the only time I wished that Quote could Falcon Punch, so I could get that thing out of my way!
Speaking of Basil, Igor must be very nimble to get in the eggs. If Quote didn't kill him, he would have made a fine addition to the team. It's too bad he's not any sort of punctuation mark, though.

May 16, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Captain Fabulous said:
The white thing is named Basil. Really. It's in the credits. Also, the Egg Corridor is the only time I wished that Quote could Falcon Punch, so I could get that thing out of my way!
Speaking of Basil, Igor must be very nimble to get in the eggs. If Quote didn't kill him, he would have made a fine addition to the team. It's too bad he's not any sort of punctuation mark, though.

You think I'm going to try to remember every little thing in the game? But back on topic, I already assumed that Basil was part on the security so it could be that Igor was able to command him to let him through. Or, since Basil followed you around, Igor was able to get past him with no problem. Seeing as though we see Igor before he enter the passage way to Egg 00

May 16, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
The Best Theory

Oh, oh, wanna know the best theory?!

I think it's because it's all just a game!!
=D

Anyways, another thought: Maybe Igor hid the ID Card for his "Master"? He did say no one can touch his master's eggs.

May 16, 2009 at 11:05 PM
It's okay, I wasn't asking you to memorize everything in the game. I was just giving information and saying where I got it from.
Also, if Basil is supposed to guard the eggs, he doesn't do a great job of it. He shoud turn around more often. I think he needs some brakes installed.

May 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM
Yes. I don't think he was a security guard.

May 16, 2009 at 11:10 PM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Tale of a Cave

Captain Fabulous said:
It's okay, I wasn't asking you to memorize everything in the game. I was just giving information and saying where I got it from.
Also, if Basil is supposed to guard the eggs, he doesn't do a great job of it. He shoud turn around more often. I think he needs some brakes installed.
Haha, I always laugh whenever I remember the name Basil...
..Anyone read the Tale of a Cave comic? {Cave Story Parody}

Wafer thin bat :D

May 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM
Captain Fabulous said:

He seems like he would be rather efficient for the common intruder. Quote is a robot thus he could be able to outrun Basil easier then a Mimiga.

VoidMage_Lowell said:
Haha, I always laugh whenever I remember the name Basil...
..Anyone read the Tale of a Cave comic? {Cave Story Parody}

Wafer thin bat :D

Yes I have read it, too bad it hasn't updated in a while.

May 22, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Toroko's got a STICK

rust45 said:
He seems like he would be rather efficient for the common intruder. Quote is a robot thus he could be able to outrun Basil easier then a Mimiga.
Iono....
..Have you not seen how Toroko murdered Quote with that stick?
You can't outrun him her, >=D {Man, I always thought Toroko was a dood until getting on these Forums, XD}

rust45 said:
Yes I have read it, too bad it hasn't updated in a while.
Hmm, that reminds me...
Has -127 been updated, as of late?
It was pretty good, if short...
Haven't seen Linknight {The maker{?} } on, since a week or so after I signed up on these forums...

May 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM
She can only murder Quote if you don't try. Besides, it's not that hard to avoid her, I avoided her first time I played.

And yes, -127 is in the same boat as Tale of the Cave.

May 22, 2009 at 12:57 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
=/

rust45 said:
She can only murder Quote if you don't try. Besides, it's not that hard to avoid her, I avoided her first time I played.
I did too, ^.^
My brother, however, actually died.
Can't imagine how funny that was :D
rust45 said:
And yes, -127 is in the same boat as Tale of the Cave.
Darn...
..Hope they don't die. Don't need mods and comics
dieing dying {Did I do it right, andwhy? :D} on us...

May 22, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Wow, that is pitiful, seeing as though she does one damage to you, you have 7 health back then(if it is a normal playthrough) and she goes in a small pattern that you can get out of.

Also, lol at your fixing of dying.