Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer

Apr 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is a trainer I wrote, which I truly believe to be the Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer.

I hacked basically everything... You're in control of virtually every aspect of the game. (Excluded the story line itself, which was a tad too complicated to hack up).

Things this trainer offers:
  1. Infinite health (Regardless of how much your max health is)
  2. Max health (Sets to 255)
  3. Invincibility (Everything fazes through you, like you were just hurt. Bad: Messes with machine gun)
  4. Infinite booster
  5. Current weapon level (You can lock this to 1 or 3 with hot keys)
  6. Current weapon (Whatever weapon slot you're in, you can change its weapon with + and -)
  7. Infinite Ammo for current weapon (Regardless of max ammo)
  8. Weapon no longer needs ammo (Never runs out, even without trainer)
  9. Append a weapon to your collection (Max is five, uses hot key * )
  10. Inventory editor (Two drop down boxes; one is for slot number, the other is for item)
  11. A system to let you use the numpad to move around in large increments, which lets you walk through walls and speeds up the game

I've labeled it version 0.1 for now, in case I decide to make another. The only thing I can think of that I didn't hack is air, but drowning was never really a problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

Screen shot:
p62823-0-screenshot.png

Plus/Delta worth mentioning:
Positives:
- Really speeds up replays for those like me who don't have that much time.
- When you lock your level at three, it only keeps the experience level high if it's already above zero. This way you can fire the Spur on full blast without the annoying jingle every second.
- Infinite health / Ammo won't set your max ammo, so you can cheat through one part, then play the rest fairly.

Not so positive:
- Cave story must be running under the name Doukutsu.exe for this to work. So run Cave Story, then the trainer.
- Doesn't save settings between runs, which can be good or bad.

On another note, the trainer is GPL. So any devote Mac users who can program a small interface and wrap the WinApi have slightly less work to do.

On that note, I disclaim any and all responsibility for anything bad that happens should this thing not work as intended. Shouldn't cause any harm, doesn't even do any file I/O, but if something goes wrong, I'm not responsible. (Though I'd still like you to report it here so I can fix it)

I tested the trainer myself, and can only hope it works for everyone else. Let me know if any of it doesn't work.

Download:
Trainer for Windows
Source for Developers

-Josh

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Josh @ Dreamland...
hey, didn't you do something cool with game maker?
[/offtopic]

okay, this is very cool, I would add being able to lock at level 2, for blade lovers, and maybe saying what went into each hack. Personally, I would like to know how to do invincibility.

cheers!

Apr 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yes, I did.

Also, since it's open source, you can just look for what the different hacks entail. Most of them are just single addresses, moving one address to another, etc. Only one employs any if-then flow with process memory.

Invincibility is just a count down after you are hit. Using any decent memory editor, just get hit, search an unknown value, filter by reduced value until you're no longer invincible, then get hit again and repeat the process.

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Coooool, thanks man, I've been looking for one of these since TAT got branded as a virus. Like you say it's a bit buggy at the moment but it works well enough.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Didn't know TAT was a virus. Seems clean to me, and AVG didn't mind it. But I didn't like it because I wanted a couple extra features, as well as to hack it myself.

But yeah, this one you can tell isn't a virus, since I released the source code along with it. I'm not sure what you mean by bugs though; it's relatively bug free, it just lacks the convenient launch button.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:54 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
It's wasn't a virus, it just got recognised as one for some reason >_>
And I ran into a bug... turning on invincibility stops rapid-fire weapons from rapid-firing properly.

Apr 16, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yeah, that's a glitch with the game though, not with the trainer. Can't really fix it. So for that, I'd recommend Max health and Infinite health. You can still lose experience that way, but there's a hack for that too. Only thing I can really do there is work around it.
Though... I do feel up for a challenge...

May 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is awesome for when you've gotten real far in the game already, are bored and just want to mess around...

May 5, 2009 at 9:09 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
OneMatty said:
This is awesome for when you've gotten real far in the game already, are bored and just want to mess around...

Another solution to that is to start a mod.

Sep 29, 2010 at 4:10 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I am having trouble. When I change an item into another, if I attempt to scroll down through the inventory or items list, I am not able to scroll back up. Is this happening to anyone else?

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Nope.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I can't get it to work. I renamed Cave Story, and made sure it was running. Help.

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Did you make sure the trainer was in the same folder as the executable? That tripped me up a couple of times way back when.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Professional Whatever
That doesn't matter, it works anyway

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Whoa :greydroll:

I guess now I can stop putting in a new copy for every mod I use it on

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:38 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
bobbyis said:
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I am having trouble. When I change an item into another, if I attempt to scroll down through the inventory or items list, I am not able to scroll back up. Is this happening to anyone else?
If this problem is what I'm thinking it is, then you can just use the up/down arrow keys to move through the lists.
If this doesn't work, then you might not be explaining your problem clearly.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
IdioticBaka1824 said:
If this problem is what I'm thinking it is, then you can just use the up/down arrow keys to move through the lists.
If this doesn't work, then you might not be explaining your problem clearly.
After all these years bobbyis will finally be able to move on with his life now that you've solved his problem
congratulations

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Um... Is this supposed to be sarcastic?

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
No, He's really been sitting there hours and hours a day trying to get this thing to work, and then you showed up and solved the problem he had spent so many hours on trying to think of something to get it to work for him.

Yes he's being sarcastic

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
IdioticBaka1824 said:
Um... Is this supposed to be sarcastic?
Of course. Because the post you replied to was over 3 years old.