How Stuff Works @ CS. XP, life caps, missiles

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:48 AM
I WANT YEN LIN!!!
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yea the Doritos, the Gatorade, and the biggies.
Since it's Doritos, Quote just munches them to gain? Drink the Gatorade? Absorb the missiles?

And I'm kinda talking about all the games out there.

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Basically they make stuff like endurance, weapon skill, strength, rest, etc. into something you can see on your screen. None of these physically exist as far as the story is concerned.

Mar 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
What he says.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:39 AM
Been here way too long...
The energy crystals I don't feel like explaining, since I can't see a connection between corn chips and guns. But the life capsules are probably... spare parts? Steroids? Encouraging notes from his mother? They do have hearts on them, after all.
Really guys, I don't see why you'll argue every little thing about Cave Story to death here, but the powerups are just there and don't question them.
Oh, and the missiles. The enemies are all packing ammo. That's not hard to come by ever since the invasion, but there's only two missile launchers on the entire island, and none of the monsters can get to them, since they don't have opposable thumbs to open the chests.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:41 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
numnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnunmnumnunumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnumnum (corn chips are delicious)

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:44 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I hate to say this, but someone should've made a comercial for the Doritos Guru contest by HyperCamming a CS run.
x3

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:50 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
DORITOS GUN!!!

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:55 AM
whyme said:
DORITOS GUN!!!

lol
The new Doritos flavour should be:
Polar Star Ranch!

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:06 AM
/end
DragonBoots said:
lol
The new Doritos flavour should be:
Polar Star Ranch!

I would buy and eat those.

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:37 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
Im gonna hate the day when those things start shooting mayonase.

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:45 AM
Mayonnaise-shooting Doritos? You would hate that? WHY? THAT IS QUITE AWESOME.
Oh, unless you're talking about a different kind of mayonnaise...

Apr 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM
The Town Bicycle *cough*
"Keep on rollin'!"
yeah. the "different" type.

Apr 21, 2009 at 2:52 AM
'Kay, but why on Earth would a Dorito shoot any kind of mayonnaise? I want whatever kind of Doritos you're eating.
Anyway, this thread should stop soon. The power-ups are just game-logic, not anything that can be explained, so this thread is probably going to continue talking about Doritos. Mostly because I exist.

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:18 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I know this topic is going away from the actual point, but I just have a theory about the health of Quote. The hearts that Quote gets are really a power source for his shield. As the shield gets hit, more power has to be used to prevent it from breaking. When Quote's health is reduced to Zero, the shield breaks and he dies when he gets hit without his shield. The lifecapsules really just expand the amount of energy he can store. And the life pot from Jenka is just full of hearts that Jenka put into a pot.

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:43 AM
rust45 said:
I know this topic is going away from the actual point, but I just have a theory about the health of Quote. The hearts that Quote gets are really a power source for his shield. As the shield gets hit, more power has to be used to prevent it from breaking. When Quote's health is reduced to Zero, the shield breaks and he dies when he gets hit without his shield. The lifecapsules really just expand the amount of energy he can store. And the life pot from Jenka is just full of hearts that Jenka put into a pot.

O_O
Quote has shields?!
Are they up?
And are weapons online?

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:50 PM
This Troper
Apr 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
DragonBoots said:
O_O
Quote has shields?!

Seems very likely, how else can he take a bunch of hits without exploding? Without the use of game logic.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:04 PM
This Troper
rust45 said:
Seems very likely, how else can he take a bunch of hits without exploding? Without the use of game logic.
Sturdy design. Weak hits. Made of diamondium. Or it's just that he's a robot, and therefore able to take quite a few hits and not feel anything.

May 1, 2009 at 3:08 AM
T-Jack said:
Sturdy design. Weak hits. Made of diamondium. Or it's just that he's a robot, and therefore able to take quite a few hits and not feel anything.

I'd say shields, simply because no machine, no matter how well designed, can have that many fail-safe or no-fail systems, without either a.) occupying the volume of a small moon or b.) being of a technology that is technically impossible (something along the lines of Sub-Quantum Multi-Phase Repair Femptites).

Shields can:
* Be recovered easilly.
* Take sucessive hits.
* Be improved (or modulated) to withstand more.

May 1, 2009 at 1:48 PM
This Troper
Nanobots. They're powered/replenished/whatever with "hearts" and they repair Quote. Why such poorly designed system? Look at Curly. She doesn't die, unless she drowns. Why? Because her nanobots work properly, they repair her without the need to replenish anything. Quote's probably got damaged or something. So why didn't Curly just pass some of hers to Quote? One word: Amnesia. You can't gove somebody something you don't know you have. So, yeah... *re-reads the post* I really need to stop doing that...