Booster and Quote

Jan 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So I started a 3 HP run, I just finished Grasstown and something is really bugging me.

When you save Kazuma and Booster appears, there's a weird dialogue:
diph.php

Booster says he and Quote have never met before in a very weird way. Why would he be acting like that? Maybe he was involved with the previous mimiga war? Or maybe I'm just missing an important part of the story because my memory sucks?

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Booster immediately recognized Quote as a killer robot, but Kazuma clearly hadn't. I can't blame him for being nervous.

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
If you think about it, it's odd that he recognized him as a killer robot, because he's actually quite a different kind of robot...

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Wait he didn't recognize him as a killer robot wasn't there some dialogue in Arthur's house where booster explains who Quote is? He says he was a scout robot or something.. anyway it seemed like Quote was sent after the mimiga killer robots.

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:54 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Well, yeah, but most of the robots sent from the surface during the war were bad news, and he did say he believed they were all destroyed in the war (and thus that he believed Quote was there for the war).

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:31 AM
videogamer555 said:
However, Curly clearly explains they WERE killer robots, they just felt differently.

I don't recall her ever saying anything like that? Got a screenshot of it? IIR she just says they 'could' have been mimiga slaughtering robots.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:06 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Kaeso said:
I don't recall her ever saying anything like that? Got a screenshot of it? IIR she just says they 'could' have been mimiga slaughtering robots.

I don't have a screenshot, but I remember her words.

"*insert text about killer robots because I don't want to type it all*
But you and I, we were different."

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:25 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I remember now.
Your name's Quote!<NOD<CLRYou and I...<NOD<CLR
<FAC0025Right...<NOD<CLRBack then, a huge
number of robots were
sent to this island<NOD
from countries on the
Earth's surface.<NOD<CLRTheir target was the
awesome power kept
within this island...<NOD
The =Demon Crown=.<NOD
But you and I, we were
different.<NOD<CLRThe two of us were sent
in order to destroy that
power.<NOD<CLRWhen we got here,
the island was in
a shambles.<NOD
The robots had torn it
all to pieces...<NOD<CLRAnd countless Mimigas
had been slaughtered...<NOD

some more stuff that I'm deleting for relevence

I tried to stop him.<NOD
You were there too.<NOD<CLR
.....<NOD<CLRThat's...as far as I
can remember.<NOD<CLRI'm pretty sure we
were able to wound him.<NOD
But we seemed far out
of our league...<NOD<CLR
<FAC0019Do you remember anything?<NOD<CLO

That's the conversation, taken directly out of the script without even bothering to remove the scripting cues.

Jan 25, 2009 at 3:32 AM
Well there it is. Indisputable evidence that Qoute & Curly are not Killer Robots

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:51 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Maybe Booster helped create the Robots...
He recognized Quote as one of the good ones. In arthur's house he says: "you are the only one here who can travel across this island" or something like that. He knows Quote's potential quite well.

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:15 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Example that Booster probably knows more than is told :
When the island is falling, he doesn't try to escape, instead he heads to Jenka's place... which he might never have been to during this expedition...

Also that I pray for your victory thing appears on the computer in waterway cabin, before Booster ever gets back to Sue's from fixing the Teleporter in the labyrinth...

The house Booster uses on the balcony has stuff he wrote, and later if you use that same bookshelf it can give you back a little time [timetravel] before Hell opens up... which opens up in that cabin lol

Anyways the fact that Booster stays on the island instead of trying to escape, and heads to the Sand Zone with Jenka is mighty suspicious

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
When you meet Curly in the Sand Zone she accuses Quote of being a killer (I think she says mimiga butcher, maybe) and says she used to be one too, but now she's protecting these children. I thought the unconsciousness had reset their programming to some degree.
Regarding Booster, I just thought he was just a bit uncertain at first glance, or uncertain to say anything. This is backed up by him taking a closer look at quote while they are in Arthur's house before announcing that he is a robot.