Story Line related CS MOD

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:12 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
OKay, I'm going to state what my mind has been about this and why I'm trying to create this.

When sue jumped off the edge, she was caught by the dragon right? Well I've been thinking about this for months and well, just lemme get into detail. As she was caught, if you noticed. Sue was unconcious from the fall. And thats all you see (Of course unless you get the secret ending, I'm not basing it off of that, nor the credit picture of her awake :confused:.) I thought about putting the character not as Quote, but sue her self.

She wakes up in water filled ruin obvlivious on what is going on. But something is wierd. She was no longer on the island, and there was a thick early glow about the looks of it.

You Start off as sue, knocked out on the ground, only waking up with the occasional 3HP, no weapons are allowed in the beggining and is recommended for the beginning part for people who have experienced the game first hand. I plan to make puzzles for sue to complete, as well as perhaps put in my own custom sprites.

The short notice of the story line is the the whole story is about Toroko and Sue. In the time of Toroko's death, sue already found out. But never seemed to notice...especially after giving toroko that necklace there would be no doubt that possibly they forgot eachother as a friends?

The Roll as sue is to find out clues (LATER ON GET WEAPONS of course :D) and fight off numerous bosses including puzzle like onces mixed with bosses from the real game. I plan in the future to see if I can make more than one ending for it as wlel. Althoguh I'd go for good ending.

the mod is only about 2% complete, but if anybody wants to see the progress post and I'll edit and put a file down for it :p. I just wanna know peoples comments first.

-UPDATES-
The intro was completely recreated, you now start off at the balcony where you jump off with quote (There is no quote there, I need to make a custom sprite for that since its a complete sprite switch)
--
The beginning Ruins are now actually playable for almost all players (Only problem is to watch out for spikes, but MUCH more platforms)

Progress is in 4% now, I put 10 hours of work into it since yesterday XD; I went t bed at 4 in the morning. The beginning maps will be passable 100% with ease. But puzzles will be followed, look out for signs! They give you hints.

Starting point and Water Filled ruins switched with musics to make it slower sounding gameplay. Like thegamers asked me to do ^^

-EDIT-

Link is here, just remember nothing is ever really finishd yet XD so yeah. Please give me suggestions to fix.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7tzbjc(Old Demo)

There is a save just incase you can't get past the first part :p. But tell me if you can.
------------------
If your able to get to the area called "Path to Mimiga Village?" Don't go past the mimiga statue :p I perposly put a block there to prevent anybody to go further, interact with the statues to find any messages, they'll be clues scattered through out the game later on.

Screenshots as of now

New Screen shots of as today/now.

CSCompari.jpg

CSCOMPARI2.jpg

asdasdjdaklolcake.jpg

(OFFICIALLY OLD) Compare them.

asdsadsdsddsd.jpg

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:17 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sounds really good. I'd like to see some of it.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:17 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I just downloaded this, will be playing it later. Sounds great from what you've said so far. Maybe you should post some screenshots as well.

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:27 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Gotcha, will post future screenshots later on. Thanks for the download ^^

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:09 AM
Justin-chan
No problem. Going to test it pretty soon.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:12 AM
Thanks lots. I'm sure there are bugs :confused: so yeah, please point out any. I plan to make this full out just like Jinkas Nightmare :D

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:40 AM
Justin-chan
That first area was more hard than fun. Seriously. ): I gave up and used the Profile.dat included. :/

You can't access the broken doorway. Also, always use <NOD after a sentence ends.

And the event (which I assume is a H/V Trigger) which says something like "That's my key!" keeps repeating. You may need to delete that event with <DNP.

also, this
p48059-0-16067ep.png

Walking towards the red areas teleports you to the orange areas.

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:48 PM
Been here way too long...
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
If it stars Sue, S.P will probably like it :confused:

I'll try it. I like mods that stick by the original story.

EDIT- I managed to get past the first bit but how would you keep it up if it starts off that hard? Mods/games generally get harder as they go on. I did the same thing when I was making my first mod. It was hard at the beginning but I ran out of ideas and it got easier as it went on.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:28 PM
Yes! Exactly, as I said. The game isn't done. The Save.dat is meant after the first ruins. Therefore the Ruins isnt finished, remember my percentage :p. I said to keep a look out for more recent updates.

And YES, I use <NOD, I've studdied everything in the TSC list for a good 6 weeks.

-Note- I said that I perposely blocked you from going further. it says "Hey you have my key" repeatedly! I did that to prevent anything.

As for the door again, I'm meaning to put a message as you go through it. Thats the door you go through in one of the screen shots. It was perposely set.

But I'll make the begginning easier for you guys. Like a second route. Just longer :p.

-Edit-

And oh! Thanks for pointing that out :3, I'll fix the bottom ledges underwater, I appreciate the look out.

Will be editting further in the next few days. Please give me more instructing comments. And please notice that the second part with the Save.Dat was perposely glitched :p. Which why I said "Don't go past the mimiga Statue" I did this because the jump teliport script isn't set because I have no preset map for it. And I need to make more maps :p. I appreciate your guys comments though. the little script when you clcik on the door was meant to be humorous since the doorway was leading back to the ruins. The top part is filled completely with water with a vent that holds it in somewhat at the top of the map. Each block is meant to be an obstacle, if you time your self going up the stairway, you'll get to the door each hop with 8-4 Air left :p. It was mean't to be challenging. Like I said ^^, people who has had experience with the end level like Hell is required.

on the other hand I'll add another route like I said :3, leading to the same door, but I'll have to think about it.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:49 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Good so far, but I'll be waiting for a more complete version.

Nov 5, 2008 at 10:12 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Might get the demo later, But it sounds good! So anyway, any chance you could tell us how long its been since the end of the Main story?

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:09 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Sue has just woken up after she blanked out while falling to Kazuma and the Dragon.
Anyway, just played through! Awesome job!
Very hard jumps, but I like the tombs. I think you should change 'than' to 'then' on the first one though.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Thanks for the comments ^^. And yeah, like he said :p. Right as she goes unconcious when she falls. I MIGHT make the intro more to that point. Like action script her falling as she falls and everything goes black. And yeah. First ruin/dungeon needs to fixed and completed in areas, and more ledges that would be easier for beginners :p.

and than? I mean, the spelling typo? Where is it located? XD;' My script list is all around so I'd need to find which part.

Thanks!
~Rairai

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I'll be definitely trying this! :p I'm a big fan of Sue, so I'll be watching this mod closely.

I'm also quite fond of Toroko, so I have to ask, how large a role does she play in all this?

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Sue and Toroko are the main role, so quite a big part. I plan to make the first part atleast 3 hours of gameplay through some fun things :3.

-Update- Planning to work on the mod today, keep watch!

Nov 8, 2008 at 3:59 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
How do I get past the second room? Those stupid purple critters... :)

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:29 AM
Justin-chan
I made it past the purple critters, but I couldn't jump over that death spike

Nov 8, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Made it to the end. One of the death spikes is overlapping, and as a result there is an un-covered tile on the far right of the second room. Also, you should make the first few rooms shake... I'd imagine this would be happening while Quote and Curly are fighting Ballos...and while I know it's not on the island supposedly, well...

"entrance to mimiga village"

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
The room was incredibly hard, but it's doable, you just need patience to deal with dying and absolutely no hesitation when jumping between the blocks. I got through the purple critters on the third run through.

Whether you change the difficulty of the second room is up to you, but try not to make the entire game filled with do or die situations.

Good work though, I'm looking forward to seeing additional work on this demo.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM
-BUMP- Check updates in main post! Will be putting up screenies soon and replacing old ones.