Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• Beware, I live!
    Raus
    Raus
    If you happen to be lucky, please do post some pictures! ^w^
    Polaris
    Polaris
    There will be no cooking. Everything else is done, or as done as it currently can be!

Thanks to all of you for talking to me, even a little. I don't talk in return as much as I should because I always take the Run, coward! approach, and I feel a little bad for it. But it's good to face room for improvement and know which direction one should take.
    Mint
    Mint
    It's getting a bit silent here, so more activety is nice.

I mean, theres a saying here that is "hoe meer zielen, hoe meer vreugde".
    It pretty much means that if there are more people, it usually will be more fun.
    I just found out the name of a book, which I've been looking for over the span of a decade. I'm very glad that I did, as The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles is one of my favorite books and I'd love to go read it again. <3
    Polaris
    Polaris
    On a slightly related note, I've also been listening to and greatly enjoying a podcast by the name of My Brother, My Brother and Me. Maybe a general media sharing thread would be a fun idea, since obscure gems like these are everywhere if one looks hard enough!
    Just made me some chilaquiles yesternight! The crispiness of them is awesome, though my salsa verde [More like salsa cafe] needs some work. [Proper ingredients to be exact, I used a couple substitutes ^_^' ]
    http://i.imgur.com/jEDAP9P.jpg

Oh and, thanks for that recommendation!
    Pummelator
    Pummelator
    It looks pretty good.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to upload pictures of your food to Instagram.
    Polaris
    Polaris
    I'm very glad that you liked them. To be honest, your ingredients, preparation and explanation of what chilaquiles represent are all probably way more traditional than what I've had in the past, especially given my aversion to spicy things. I'm not the most in touch with my culture, sadly, though I could probably live on refried beans, rice and maybe eggs forever.

Chillaquill is a slang term for a bird gangster, Noxid!
    Raus
    Raus
    There's nothing spicy in the salsa; I had to use bell peppers instead of serrano chiles. (As much as I'd wanted it to be mildly spicy)
    I also used plum tomatoes instead of tomatillos, and the tortillas were whole grain instead of corn, but it was good nevertheless.

Oh and hey, don't let an oppurtunity slide! ;)
    I hope that there are still people who are unafraid to have genuine feelings.
    Jpzarde
    Jpzarde
    I'm pretty sure there are, some just tend to show it more than others. Other people tend not to show it as much, but that does not mean they don't feel it.
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Good point! And I guess I meant meaningful ones.
    funwillfunwill
    funwillfunwill
    Yeah everyone has "feel"feelings, even the worst people on Earth. Its just that we choose to either portray how you really feel or just pretend you dont have feelings.
    This will lack in context, but it's due internet constraints that I'm posting it arbitrarily here now rather than a week later:

Enchiladas are lip-smacking delicious! ^_^
    [Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian too!]
    Thanks for the recommendation! :3
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Yeah, they can be pretty rad! Glad that you liked them, though I seem to recall actually recommending chilaquiles.=o
    Raus
    Raus
    Ah, poptoasts, you're right. I'll probably find the time to cook up a batch of homemade ones once I get back home in a little less than a week.
    Snow's come. I'm really glad that I can afford to love winter <3
    Nothing
    Nothing
    It's still quite warm here... I don't think there's going to be any snow for a while. ;_;
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Chicago hasn't disappointed this year, we gained quite a few inches of snow in a single day. Made for a pretty walk home. I hope you guys will get a decent amount of snow, yourselves!
    Nothing
    Nothing
    Had a bit of hail today... it melted in about 5 minutes, though.
    At the beginning of the school year I joined a team, Forensics (basically Speech), which has a dozen events such as Poetry Reading that people specialize and compete in. I'm focusing on Radio for now, and I wasn't expecting it to take so much of my time - 2.5 more hours at school from Tuesday to Thursday, preparing a script Friday, competing from 6 AM to 5:30 PM on Saturday. This is new to me! :3
    VinylCheese
    VinylCheese
    That sounds interesting!
    Jpzarde
    Jpzarde
    Like da man says, very interesting stuff. Always nice to be part of a team, and radio sounds coolarooni, I think it's fitting for you.
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Thank you both, you're much too kind ^_^;

I've got a decent voice for it, but (sadly?) there's more to Radio Speaking than simply belting out my best news reporter impression. It's a little disappointing to be doing poorly in competition so far, but it's also fun to see that I've gotten a little better even in the three that we've participated in!
    A few errors made, a few lessons learned.
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Goodness, did you seek that out just for me? ^_^;

Can't imagine why you'd find a 10 hour version before the original otherwise. I happen to have Catgroove saved already, and while it technically doesn't have much to do with cats despite its name, it's quite a nice song. :3
    (Also, the banjo playing gif is amusing.)
    q3hardcore
    q3hardcore
    What's wrong with paragraphs?
    Polaris
    Polaris
    It may not be the most efficient way to talk in real-time conversations.
    It didn't go well, so goodnight again...wake me up when I know how to function.
    Mint
    Mint
    Better luck next time, I guess...
    VinylCheese
    VinylCheese
    That's no good. :/
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Certainly not! I should know by now that the answer is often simpler than I'm making it out to be, though. c:
    Okay. Trial run: no non-academic Internet for one week. I hope this goes well, and if it doesn't, no real harm done. See you all then! c:
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Thank you! I'll do my best~
    Raus
    Raus
    Cya Polaris!~ Wishing that all goes well for ya :>

Oh and I do care about your gallery uploads; there's been some great artworks you've rummaged up!
    gamemanj
    gamemanj
    this is the beginning of the end...
    ;.;
    If I have the guts to go through with it, I may be cutting myself off of my phones soon (temporarily, of course). Recently I've been more lazy and awful and unproductive than in a long time and this is not what I want for myself...it's not like people on the Internet have been seeing much of me anyway, or I of them (for the most part). A separation is necessary, and it may even be good for others.
    Raus
    Raus
    Ah, that's what you meant, nevermind then.
    As for the keypad thing, I can get there in just a single swipe from the lockscreen, so there's that. (Assuming the device isn't locked with a password of something)
    Raus
    Raus
    Looking back at my previous responses regarding the keypad you were talking about, gosh I sounded like a blithering idiot >_<
    gamemanj
    gamemanj
    dropping phones is a bad idea
    octocore does not mean having octopus legs :)
    Mint
    Mint
    @Anuken , Alot of gardevoir pictures only show one eyes, so I guess that the face-blender won't help much indeed
    Raus
    Raus
    Oh no @Captain Fabulous, stop staring into my soul D:

Even if they have different styles @Miccs, one can still merge features and characteristics from both of them.
    Mint
    Mint
    @Raus ,yeah, I'm just implying that the style is a bit different and may affect some ways of merging.
    Also I just did what I did earlier the other way, but this one's less interesting... http://i.imgur.com/RlPK7B8.png
    Yesterday I learned that I've kept to myself for so long that I don't really know what platonic love is. I don't know the difference between love and friendship, and usually that friendship is vague at best. Sometimes those around me wonder why I think like this, why I care so much, and the reason why is that contact is so important. Relationships are important. Others are important. They make me.
    Raus
    Raus
    I know where you're coming from, Polaris.
    Ever since I had stumbled upon a real friend, it spoke volumes to me and I had been changed forever. I cherish friendships greatly, and I would be lost and alone without them.
    I try hard to be accommodating, and to show my appreciation of others.
    Bionicobot
    Bionicobot
    Yep.
    I wish that I had something meaningful to say...maybe another day.
    Polaris
    Polaris
    I guess I found something! :v

Good books will do that to you...I owe them so much.
    Also, note to self: if I ever get a cat, I should totally name him or her Gateau. It's cute, a bilingual bonus AND a cute pun in a third language all in one name! :3
    Mint
    Mint
    It sounds really fancy too!
    Polaris
    Polaris
    @Raus To be honest, I was not inspired by your cat's name due to the fact that I did not know of it. o:

@Thatnamelessguy It sounds vaguely cute! That's the driving motivation behind 75% of my actions and decisions.

@Fatih Not quite! I wouldn't know what that is ^_^;

@Miccs A little bit, yeah!
    Raus
    Raus
    @Polaris
    I was more so or less just teasing~
    Though I am a bit surprised that with your sneaky ninja skills you didn't know his name =o
    Actually, I've always referred to him in all contexts as "my cat Gasiu", so that baffles me a bit more.
    Andwhy rocks. It's thanks to him that profile comment replies and image descriptions no longer have super low character limits, that my images are no longer broken, that all of my copyright info and the copyright field came back from the dead and that image descriptions can support carriage returns. All great stuff that addresses my few complaints with the move. ^.^
    Raus
    Raus
    Now for status updates to support carriage returns...
    Polaris
    Polaris
    Well, that wasn't supported on IPBoard, either. It would be nice, but I think that everyone's used to it.
    I've been getting a lot more involved in school activities this year - just got back from a long day of setting up homecoming decorations, in fact. It's more work than I expected, to be honest, but it's also really nice to be working with other people and helping out and stuff! And my heavy involvement with the school's Speech Team might do a lot to patch my slight inability to talk to people. -w-
    Pummelator
    Pummelator
    The only thing I'm currently doing at my school is morning announcements. I might join the robotics team.
    SuperJaws100
    SuperJaws100
    Our school's clubs are incredibly limited. Very little interest from anything other than the specialty center section. That would be my part of the school. All sports and clubs except Football are primarily the specialty center. I'm doing Model United Nations, Chess club, and I'm on the Student Advisory Council (the specialty center equivalent of the SCA). I don't do too many clubs, but there aren't really any offered at my school that have high turn out/interest me. It's unfortunate. Even the Gay-Straight Alliance is sorely lacking (both gay people and members).
    Xemous
    Xemous
    what even is the Gay-Straight Alliance
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…