Moon
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Huh, wonder if I should get on the username change bandwagon.
    Moon
    Moon
    I mean I don't even use Moon anywhere else anymore.
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    Yeah, change it back to Kwote : p
    Moon
    Moon
    The funky username voodoo might turn me back into a colossal tool though.
    Yeah, I'm way used to being terse. Keep forgetting this site requires you to type out a novel for every little thing.
    My post history make me sound like a tool.
    Noxid
    Noxid
    isn't the internet neat like that
    Tpcool
    Tpcool
    I don't know why, but you reminded me of mixer (now randolf) when you were active. And now you remind me of him again because you both have extremely anime avatars. What an interesting year 2011 was.
    duncathan
    duncathan
    You were a tool iirc.
    Of course, I was too.
    Nice to see you back.
    Oh, I think I recognize you from some older threads! Hello. Welcome to the dark future! :3
    Originally Posted by RuneLancer : O NOEZ QWOTT IZ DED! Response by X-Calibar : .!@!!!!! nononono no qquot ken NVR looze Reflection : Ah the good ole days...
    X-Calibar
    X-Calibar
    (Was looking at old posts, and saw that lol; forwarded to you because your sig <3)
    No, I have got into hell. The booster is the primary reason why I was able to at least get to the middle of the stage. But the machine gun helps tremendously.
    hey i have a question i read the rules and what is blanket posting is it my location?
    Moon
    Moon
    Blankets are broad.
    Blanket posting is posting for the heck of it and annoying everyone.
    B
    Why did you change your username?!
    Moon
    Moon
    Because "Kwote" was an old name I used to do some roleplay crap with the Balrog guy or whatever. Also my screen names are actually "Moon" "Murder" and "Objective"
    It looks like you need to chill, bro.
    Moon
    Moon
    It was a spur of the moment thought while I read on the theories, I guess.
    By the way I never thought any of you remembered me.
    Sue Sockymodo
    Sue Sockymodo
    I meant the passive-aggressive comments
    Sue Sockymodo
    Sue Sockymodo
    And yes, we do.
    Back and now I'm trying to not be an annoying prick. This plan may work or not work as it depends on the psychology and many factors involving the forumites of cavestory.org, but my plan is to make my posts as extended as I can so that no one can say it is not being a long enough post for them to read, thus they won't be annoyed in theory.
    Sit on down, mah boi. I think it's time we had a talk about what posting on forums is all about.

You see, you have nothing to gain from a large post count. It is simply a number, not indicative of much. The Satellite Lounge and all its sub-forums do not affect post count, even though most of our discussion happens in there. So what is post count for? Well, it's simply a number. Much like your gamerscore on Xbox Live, or the length of your penis, it doesn't make much difference.

Take Cripplechair and myself, for example. I have a buttfuckton of posts, but Cripple only has 358. Just over a tenth of mine. And yet, we are both respected members of the community. Well, maybe "respect" is too strong a word in my case. You can post all you want, but it won't change anything but that number on your profile.

Well, that's not actually true. Every short, thoughtless post you make will only make people dislike you more. We all wish you would stop posting. Honestly, we do, because you don't care about content and contribution. You just care about hitting that "Post Quick Reply" button. If you would take the time to read threads and think about how you'd like to contribute to them, your posts would be much more appreciated and you could have real conversations with the members of this forum.

When you're new to a forum, the first thing you should do is lurk. Read old threads. Read the entirety of a thread that you plan on contributing to. It's important to know the history of the community you plan on becoming a part of, and in the process you'll get to know us better, before you even introduce yourself.

Now, once you've gotten the back story for the thread you'll be posting to, you have to make a post. Nobody cares if you leave one line agreeing with someone or pointing out a mistake. You'll have to be pretty damn funny for a post like that to be appreciated, so just leave that to me. Give your post some substance. Make it something people will want to read. Add something to the conversation, and don't be afraid to bring your opinion into it. However, always be respectful until you are better than everyone else, like I am.

Basically, we are all friends or at least colleagues here. If you plan to blanket post everywhere, be prepared for consequences. It's a small forum, everyone reads everything, and we get sick of blanket posting pretty quickly. Things simply do not move fast enough for you to post as much as possible. And, of course, the most important thing...

JUST BECAUSE YOU SAID IT, DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO GIVE A SHIT. Consider giving us a reason to give a shit about your post.

Do you know how I got this many posts? Two and a half years of being a part of this community. Getting to know people, building relationships, helping out and collaborating. Posting for the sake of posting will not get you anything except a banhammer-shaped indent on your face.

I hope that you've come to this forum with the intent of earning our respect. It's just that posting as much as possible is not the way to do it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…