Bug Listing for Cave Story on WiiWare

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
On cavestory wiiware, I have the little man. As I open then door to the littles house, he says "I'm home!" and the screen wipes to dark blue. Then it crashes, can't press home or see anything, can't even press the power button. Am I the only one with this problem?

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Re: Wiiware little's house glitch

cultr1 said:
On cavestory wiiware, I have the little man. As I open then door to the littles house, he says "I'm home!" and the screen wipes to dark blue. Then it crashes, can't press home or see anything, can't even press the power button. Am I the only one with this problem?

Dunno. Didn't buy it.

...Did it really take you all day to get there, or did you just wake up?

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM
"Huzzah!"

cultr1 said:
can't even press the power button.

That one i doubt it.
Press and leave the finger in the power button on the console itself, and try again.
If the problem isn't solved by "reboot" inform Nicalis, to fix the problem.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"

This is why pixel took 5 years to release cave story.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

Vercci said:

Because he pressed the Wii power button?

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:48 PM
/end

Vercci said:

Wasn't it four?

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"

Oh no. I am experiencing it as well. Not just to the little house, but when you exit Outer Wall with any door, the Wii hangs. Maybe this happens after I display the map.

Speaking of map, the longer the width or height, it glitches up. And I do not see the flashing player's marker at all... :(

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Fluff8836 said:
Oh no. I am experiencing it as well. Not just to the little house, but when you exit Outer Wall with any door, the Wii hangs. Maybe this happens after I display the map.

Speaking of map, the longer the width or height, it glitches up. And I do not see the flashing player's marker at all... :(

ugh that bugged me so much! They Better fix it in an update. Wait to wiiware games even have updates?

Ps whenever I get an item the "got item" tune is half as loud as it should be and it has an embarrassing three second delay. Is that just a case of rushed programmer syndrome or intentional?:(

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:14 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I like how they had forever and an infinity to work on this but there are still bugs. Somebody on the Nicalis forum said they used the word "examinate" in the Egg corridor computer room. Is this true?

EDIT: it says "Examinate further". I guess it's technically correct but sounds odd to me.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:15 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Should've had me as a tester ^.^

Yeah, I've seen a few other things too, like Igor's death animation seems to have another sprite bleeding into it's edge. {It definitely wasn't smoke, that's for sure}
I'll be really surprised and a bit upset if they can't/won't update and fix these bugs...
{I don't even get how they missed the item tune one}

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:32 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

This is a pretty serious bug, seeing as you can't get the nemesis for the rest of the game.

Also, "examinate" is definitely not a word.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:37 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Actually it technically is a word. It's just not an expression that's commonly used; these days, most would prefer "Further examination", since it makes the examinee the subject rather than the examiner. Or something like that I dont know.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:45 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."

Well, I wasn't able to find it in my Oxford dictionary, but I guess it could be some sort of archaic word. However, it definitely doesn't fit well in a modern game.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:46 AM
All fixed(?)

Ok all better. The trick is you can't open your map whilst in outer wall, so I guess it's fixed (kind of?):rolleyes:

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:31 AM
Veteran Member
This thread is designed for you to post any bugs you came across in the WiiWare version of Cave Story so far. Create your post with listing of any bugs you have come across.

If you find more bugs, do NOT create another one of your posts. Edit your own post by adding what you had found. Also, please check other posts first if you find the bug that was already listed before you post or add to your existing post.

Here is my listing on what I have found:
  • New graphics: Map System glitches on long maps whether too large a width or height (height concerning Outer Wall).
  • New graphics: No flashing player marker in Map System. Because of the difference of font. See below image for where the marker sprite is located.
*Removed, deleted and replaced with original only, possible legal issues can arise.*
  • Exiting Outer Wall with any door after viewing the Map System (height glitch) will hang the Wii.
  • Camera focus jerkiness after the Omega fight in Boss Rush mode. Lack focus code 0016 frame after fadeout.
  • Using the Original graphics on modes other than the normal Story will not work.
  • Curly Story: If Original graphics is set, play in Curly Story. Die and select "No" to go to title screen. Select Curly Story again and you see "Mr. Traveler"
  • Behemoths in Egg Corridor do not cause any quakes when angered and charging, but they are still functional.

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
sdfgsdfgfgdsf

Oops I merged them the wrong way, still getting used to the merge function, my bad :( I'll do it again properly if it's a problem.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:48 PM
- Item received tune, Heart Capsule received tune, and death tune are all whisper-quiet.

- By default, the sound effects are extremely loud compared to the music. Two notches down from max seems to be about where they should have been at default.

- The map system bugs out partway through any especially long room.

- There is no position marker in the map system.

- Music has looping problems in Original music mode.

- Music stops abruptly whenever a scene change occurs.

- Suppsedly, using missiles against Balfrog can cause the music to stop, though this didn't happen to me.

- The Little Man bug people have already mentioned.

- Supposedly, the Whimsical Star will randomly become bugged and cease working permanently, even if you unequip/re-equip it. I haven't gotten to test this yet.

- Camera bug in Boss mode as already mentioned.

- A lot of people are complaining about maps being too 'zoomed-in' looking, such as in Egg Corridor you can barely see like one or two pixels' height of the ceiling and floor.

that's all I know of.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:58 PM
ragnaroq said:
- Supposedly, the Whimsical Star will randomly become bugged and cease working permanently, even if you unequip/re-equip it. I haven't gotten to test this yet.

You do know how it's supposed to work right?

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Vercci said:
You do know how it's supposed to work right?

Yes. I'm just going by what other people said. I've only just started my Spur run, I took the Machine Gun the first time since it's been awhile since I've played and I kinda want to experience all the weapons again.

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:12 PM
Well I hope they realise how to use it, lots of new people to the game and then their stars disappear, might explain why.