Hell Mod Contest! (The list is up!)

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:46 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Re: Hell Mod Contest!

This thread shouldn't have all of these questions in it, there are more appropriate places for this stuff.

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:38 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."

thecrown said:
This thread shouldn't have all of these questions in it, there are more appropriate places for this stuff.

Ahh. Good point. Sry about that...

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:15 AM
"Huzzah!"

a useless post...

those who downloaded the "mod of hell - H" there's a small update

sorry for the inconvenience...

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:53 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"

I plan on participating in this too, I'll probably have it finished within a week.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"

WOC is doing something?
cool..
look forward to it :(

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM
"Huzzah!"
It's looks like everybody is busy, busy improving their hell mod's

... Can't wait to play their mods ...

By the way I'm posting again my mod because, while playing I come across
some major bugs, dumb scripts, and hell difficulty...

so I added some hearts, change <TRA[Hell Path2(hard) no longer put you to "hell bullet 2", but to "The hell temple" half point of my mod]

Everything else... Hell

Mod Of Hell - H v2.0(contains no save point)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1zdyozmlkjb
mirror:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x94r44

Mod Of Hell - S v2.0(contains one save point)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5n2tyhynhuk
mirror:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/15ipdn

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:38 AM

ALRIGHT!

Here is my (final?) revision of Cave Story ~ What the Hell?!

Now has:

SKIPFLAGS!!! (Thanks Lace!)
A (very evil) boss fight!
4 (5, if you count one used for a "cutscene") new rooms!

And more!

Prepare to punch a hole through your laptop/computer monitor!

Cave Story ~ What the Hell?! - 3rd Rendition

Small preview:

diph.php

EDIT: What, did this thread die?!

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:04 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Alright, I played it as well as I could. it's looking much nicer than before, what you've done with the spikes especially makes things look much more tidy. However, I think I found out what Orangedawg was talking about with the HP; Since you just use skipflags, if you get the capsule, close and reload, it will reappear. You could use regular flags AND skipflags if you wanted. On another note, I was foolish enough to try and open the chest before saving the first time through

D:

You might want to try just using some sort of autosave type thing in the tsc somewhere, and have the hermit give you both the upgraded gun and the health. Then it saves after his speech, and when you reload he's there to tell you to grab yon key and skeedaddle. Just use <FL+0431<SVP right before <END.

The new map with the blue stuff was fun with the sliding block (I reached it with 9 hp >.>) and I'm glad I didn't give up after that one room repeated. However, after that, the... boss. I think you might want to consider lowering the HP on them or something, because it takes WAY too long, and after 5 minutes of fighting they add some sort of Dire Tactic to their bag of tricks in an attempt to kill off the player. I just couldn't beat it..

Overall it kept me entertained for about an hour, counting all the dying and raeg. Oh, and there's a problem with the Key room. I took a screen but forgot to save it, anyway, in the upper right one of the tiles is set to the wrong kind of slope or something and if you jump up there you can get trapped.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:25 AM
Noxid said:
Alright, I played it as well as I could. it's looking much nicer than before, what you've done with the spikes especially makes things look much more tidy. However, I think I found out what Orangedawg was talking about with the HP; Since you just use skipflags, if you get the capsule, close and reload, it will reappear. You could use regular flags AND skipflags if
you wanted. On another note, I was foolish enough to try and open the chest before saving the first time through D:
You might want to try just using some sort of autosave type thing in the tsc somewhere, and have the hermit give you both the upgraded gun and the health. Then it saves after his speech, and when you reload he's
there to tell you to grab yon key and skeedaddle. Just use <FL+0431<SVP right before <END.The new map with the blue stuff was fun with the sliding block (I reached it with 9 hp >.>) and I'm glad I didn't give up after that one room repeated. However, after that, the... boss. I think you mightwant to consider lowering the HP on them or something, because it takes WAY too long, and after 5 minutes of fighting they add some sort of Dire Tactic to their bag of tricks in an attempt to kill off the player. I just couldn't beat it..

Overall it kept me entertained for about an hour, counting all the dying and raeg. Oh, and there's a problem with the Key room. I took a screen but forgot to save it, anyway, in the upper right one of the tiles is set to the wrong kind of slope or something and if you jump up there you can get trapped.

Thank you for having the patience to play through my mod :p
Okay, the health thing. The one in the Chamber of the Key? I NEED to look into that. I will look into most of the issues you described when I have access to my computer. With the autosaving and all, I think that's a good idea. The boss was pretty cruel...I think I'll give you a blade or something better than the polar star. I was pretty evil about that, I apologize. The going through a wall in the key room is because I screwed up in SW. While having tileset editor open I decided to edit and rename my tilesets, which made the program go screwey, forcing me to close the process, which somehow deleted all of the tile's data. I redid them by hand, but may have messed up on a few of them. I'll check that.

Two questions:

Did you ever beat the boss, or did you give up at that point?

AND/OR

Did you see the next room? Did it intimidate you? Did it kill you?

Oh yes, the last room is VERY evil.

MUAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

(Tomarrow I'll fix those problems, so you can beat the boss specifically.)

uhoh, but doing that will make me have to change a few things around...namely the last room...

Also, which weapon should I give the player for the boss? Actually, I just had a good idea! The MACHINE GUN. It's level 1, but rapid fire may save your thumbs. Uh...then the command us <TAM0013:00??:0100

What's the value for the machine gun?

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:54 AM
"Huzzah!"

GOD The Last Room IS VERY EVIL!!!!!!!!
D:

BUT I GET THE RIGHT ANSWER, FUCKING YEAH!!!! Hurray for guessing!(i just choose a random *spoiler* and i got the right answer :p)

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:32 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I didn't make it past the boss room (mostly because I had to sleep) but I might give myself a better gun later and try again.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Fahrenheight said:
GOD The Last Room IS VERY EVIL!!!!!!!!
D:

BUT I GET THE RIGHT ANSWER, FUCKING YEAH!!!! Hurray for guessing!(i just choose a random *spoiler* and i got the right answer :()

Did you read the dog statue? Cause it's really a memory game...

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:27 PM
"Huzzah!"

yes I read the dog statue... that's why I initiate plan "S.I.G.T.C.R.A.H.F.T.B"
(Sh!t, I Got To Choose Randomly And Hope For The Best)

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Noxid said:
I didn't make it past the boss room (mostly because I had to sleep) but I might give myself a better gun later and try again.

I'll change the mod to give you a machine gun In a little while. (Or, if you don't feel like waiting, mod the save or use the doukutsu ultimate trainer to make the polar star level 3...)

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM
graters gonna grate
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Bam!

I have a demo, it's about 50% complete.

Hell If I Know!

I'm excited because I have successfully done MY VERY FIRST ASSEMBLY HACK!!!! :D :p :D :D :D
It's really trivial (I just made the bute generators only generate 3 butes instead of 8) but you gotta start somewhere.

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:03 AM
Been here way too long...

GO CHEEZY!
now, do something awesome with your assembly skills.
like make an npc, I can walk you through that.
:p

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Re: Bam!

wedge of cheese said:
I have a demo, it's about 50% complete.

Hell If I Know!

I'm excited because I have successfully done MY VERY FIRST ASSEMBLY HACK!!!! :D :p :D :D :D
It's really trivial (I just made the bute generators only generate 3 butes instead of 8) but you gotta start somewhere.

I do not believe that the second room is possible without hacking.

If it is: PROVE IT

I saw how to avoid the first wave.. but after that it simply looks impossible to continue without getting killed by the basils...

(I didn't realize they stay on a horizontal path!!! I thought they would fall or something! DAMN!)

Jan 13, 2010 at 3:23 AM

Alright.

I made the last parts of my mod a little LOT easier. The boss is at least possible and now almost everything is glitch free.

There's one problem that you will most likely encounter (I won't say where but involves a song playing when it shouldn't) that I tried for a while to solve. Other than that, though, I've playtested this myself and it's very challenging, but fun (?).

Here's V03.5

Get ready.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator

Okay, roadblock: apparently Bute enemies do not 'die' the way normal enemies do, so "call event on death" doesn't work with them. I stuck a critter in and it worked fine, but this means I'll have to make stuff a bit differently... ah well.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

DoubleThink said:
Okay, roadblock: apparently Bute enemies do not 'die' the way normal enemies do, so "call event on death" doesn't work with them. I stuck a critter in and it worked fine, but this means I'll have to make stuff a bit differently... ah well.

Yeah, the way Bute and Gaudi code works is that they start with 1000 hp, then if their hp gets too low (for a gaudi it's less than 985) hp, they change into their corpse npc, which then plays an animation and "dies".