• Somewhere in this year.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Next year I suppose.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • When it's done.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Never.

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • I don't know just, please finish it! ;__; PLEASE!

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • OMFG JUST SHUT THE [EDIT] UP AND FINISH YOUR [EDITING] DEMO FOR SH*T!

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
Oct 29, 2007 at 10:12 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Metalogz said:
Ehh Those are workable in Cave Story? Cause it doesn't look like pixel art to me :p

Anway... IT ROCKS!!! :D
It uses 16 colours, it would work in Cave Story perfectly.

The first image I showed you was not a sprite:
rokalpha_early.png

That image was later put into various poses and then converted to sprites:
rocalpha.gif

Look closely at the sprites and you will see the jagged pixelated edges, everything else apart from the outer edges used anti-aliasing which created a really nice effect. You will also notice that there is only 16 colours used, although they are a different set of colours to the original .pbm file.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
3. Replace "frenzied" Miza with normal Miza but powerful.
Who is Miza? I have never played this mod, so if Miza is a character from the mod, I wouldn't know.

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
andwhyisit said:
It uses 16 colours, it would work in Cave Story perfectly.

The first image I showed you was not a sprite:
rokalpha_early.png

That image was later put into various poses and then converted to sprites:
rocalpha.gif

Look closely at the sprites and you will see the jagged pixelated edges, everything else apart from the outer edges used anti-aliasing which created a really nice effect. You will also notice that there is only 16 colours used, although they are a different set of colours to the original .pbm file.

Who is Miza? I have never played this mod, so if Miza is a character from the mod, I wouldn't know.

Wow BEAUTIFUL!!!

Miza = Misery :p

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 29, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Luls
Err whats the file name for it? Because I wanna try him out ^^. Original file name I mean. Pleaseee :p

Oct 29, 2007 at 1:17 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Roc Alpha = Balfrog, as far as I can tell. copy loading.pbm, paste in the npc folder, rename to "npcfrog2.pbm", open, change color setting from B+W to Color, save, open the original npcfrog.pbm, copy, paste in the new one, save again, copy the image from above, paste in your new frog.pbm, move into proper position, save again, delete the old npcfrog.pbm, rename your new one to "npcfrog.pbm" (To match the original), open it in a hex editor, add the line "(C)Pixel" to the end, save, and run the game...

Yes, a mouthful. If you manage to get it to work, all the more glory to you.

(Note you could do this with the bossrush files, making it easier to get to balfrog)

Oct 29, 2007 at 2:59 PM
Luls
ZTaimat said:
Roc Alpha = Balfrog, as far as I can tell. copy loading.pbm, paste in the npc folder, rename to "npcfrog2.pbm", open, change color setting from B+W to Color, save, open the original npcfrog.pbm, copy, paste in the new one, save again, copy the image from above, paste in your new frog.pbm, move into proper position, save again, delete the old npcfrog.pbm, rename your new one to "npcfrog.pbm" (To match the original), open it in a hex editor, add the line "(C)Pixel" to the end, save, and run the game...

Yes, a mouthful. If you manage to get it to work, all the more glory to you.

(Note you could do this with the bossrush files, making it easier to get to balfrog)

I know what to do...Instead of always adding the (C)Pixel string you can always delete that string from the ,exe itself -.-"

Anyway thanks for your help... Though I don't really need it :p Thanks for the original file name though :D

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:55 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Metalogz said:
Err whats the file name for it? Because I wanna try him out ^^. Original file name I mean. Pleaseee :p
But we still need to convert "Frenzied Toroko+" (NpcToro) into a giant robot boss.

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Oct 30, 2007 at 1:08 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
andwhyisit said:
Could you possibly post the MSN stuff here because I don't use MSN.
She only asked that from me. :/ And now she is on holiday. =O

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:16 AM
"Huzzah!"
Hehe, hope you don't mind me leaping in with this one, but I figured I'd add something of my own. Somehow the idea of a flying BuyoBuyo Base struck me as rather ingenious, and after a bit of odd editing, I came up with the strangest hybrid enemy yet. Yeah, it's weird, but it fits somehow. Like/dislike?
diph.php

So I took the liberty of re-coloring the Cyclops' projectiles as well, just so it'll fit better. And I somehow took a stab at a (rather gory) flying robot, but it's all hacky and Andwhy's is much better (to say the least), and the Gunfish+Numahachi are unchanged. I just posted the full set because... eh, who knows? ;P

(Waaay off topic and a bit of an odd question (no offense or prejudice intended here), but is Garde really a 'she'? Not that I'd doubt that or would it make any difference... I'd hate to use the wrong pronoun all the time, y'know. 'Tis simple respect, see, and usually an avatar never specifically denotes gender (I am most decidedly male, doggonit, Xombie just rules. :p), so... figured I'd ask to set things straight anyhow. :D)

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Xaser said:
Hehe, hope you don't mind me leaping in with this one, but I figured I'd add something of my own. Somehow the idea of a flying BuyoBuyo Base struck me as rather ingenious, and after a bit of odd editing, I came up with the strangest hybrid enemy yet. Yeah, it's weird, but it fits somehow. Like/dislike?
:p

..That is frickin' AWESOME!!

Xaser said:
And I somehow took a stab at a (rather gory) flying robot, but it's all hacky and Andwhy's is much better (to say the least).
But yours actually looks like a robot, maybe we can combine the two.

Xaser said:
(Waaay off topic and a bit of an odd question (no offense or prejudice intended here), but is Garde really a 'she'? Not that I'd doubt that or would it make any difference... I'd hate to use the wrong pronoun all the time, y'know. 'Tis simple respect, see, and usually an avatar never specifically denotes gender (I am most decidedly male, doggonit, Xombie just rules. :D), so... figured I'd ask to set things straight anyhow. :D)
Male I think. We may need a "What gender are you?" thread, should I start one?

Welcome aboard BTW.

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:40 AM
Luls
Gosh thats nice! Sorry I won't be helping much this week =X... Alot of canoeing practices and tests... TIRED T.T

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:27 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Metalogz said:
I know what to do...Instead of always adding the (C)Pixel string you can always delete that string from the ,exe itself -.-"

Anyway thanks for your help... Though I don't really need it :D Thanks for the original file name though :D

However, if ever a time in which you have to edit the EXE, you'd have to re-add the (C)Pixel. As such, I find adding it to the end of pbm's constantly easier than finding a location in the EXE constantly... I'm just weird like that.

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:43 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
(Waaay off topic and a bit of an odd question (no offense or prejudice intended here), but is Garde really a 'she'? Not that I'd doubt that or would it make any difference... I'd hate to use the wrong pronoun all the time, y'know. 'Tis simple respect, see, and usually an avatar never specifically denotes gender (I am most decidedly male, doggonit, Xombie just rules. :D), so... figured I'd ask to set things straight anyhow. :D)

Garde is a she. :p

The other week I was like, so whats your name? And then 'he' (as I thought.) said Marlene and I was like oh okay.

...WAIT A SECOND. :D

So yeah, girl. Also it's cool loads of people are helping with this.

Oct 30, 2007 at 11:03 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I combined the two flying robots:
flyingrobot2.gif

Bekefel said:
Garde is a she. :D

The other week I was like, so whats your name? And then 'he' (as I thought.) said Marlene and I was like oh okay.

...WAIT A SECOND. :D

So yeah, girl. Also it's cool loads of people are helping with this.
I thought sp was a he since people were calling sp a he and sp didn't correct them.

Oct 31, 2007 at 2:52 AM
"Huzzah!"
@Andwhy: Egad, the buyo is in? Wheee, thanks! Hmm... maybe odd hack-y artwork isn't so bad after all. Nice new robot model by the way (better than both the old ones combined... even though they *are* combined ;P)... and by 'nice' I mean 'mean' since it's got an evil case of pink-eye. :D

And thanks for clearing that up about Garde. I'll try not to screw up the pronouns this time around. :D

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:49 AM
Luls
FINALLY I"M FREEE!

I can finally start helping out with sprting now :D

Whoot

Oct 31, 2007 at 7:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I have been doing 16-colour .bmp files of the completed sets, I have compiled together the sprites for NpcFrog.bmp, NpcCemet.bmp, Title.bmp and TextBox.bmp so far, and will make more as we finish them. I can put together NpcCent.bmp after the "Swimming Alien Commander" sprites are made.

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:12 AM
Luls
Oh wait I think I want to start my own mod! ^^

I may or may not be able to help you right now =S

Nov 3, 2007 at 9:42 PM
Hoxtilicious
Thank you so much X3
You made awesome artwork!