CS - Endless Corridor

Nov 1, 2008 at 6:56 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm creating new mod.It's long..long..long..well...long x 3000 ... Corridor
bit of monsters and Traps
Can YOU solve the Not-Very-Legendary Corridor?
Bit of size? 2047,15.
Pic..Made one:
here

Demo V.0.2:V. 0.2

Any Bugs?
Any Suggestions?

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:40 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Spelling. Capitalization. Punctuation. Spaces. Please.

The event for the "Death Flasher" takes ages to load, which leads me to think you made a script error. You definitely did make a script error, in fact, since the item window is empty and the message will not close.

You should probably test everything yourself first, otherwise you would have found this bug.

So far, once you figure out what tiles are spikes through trial and error, this is really easy.

EDIT: Oh, that's it? Wow. That was easy.

Nov 1, 2008 at 8:51 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
another Bug:
if you die in the first room and you retry, you will find yourself in one of these destroyable blocks. not a big thing but fix it :p

Nov 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Fixed both bugs.the script:i made the wait time <WAI30 not WAI0030 and <DNP200 - <DNP0200.also fixed getting back on destroyable block.removed.Bugfix be soon.(easyfix too :p)
EDIT>The B.fix be on Demo V.0.2

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:25 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
This is way too easy. :/

Took me a few tries to get to know what exactly the different tiles were. After that, it was too fucking easy. Seriously. :/

Edit - And seriously, improve on the grammar.

Nov 2, 2008 at 11:15 AM
jcys810 said:
This is way too easy. :/

Took me a few tries to get to know what exactly the different tiles were. After that, it was too fucking easy. Seriously. :/

Edit - And seriously, improve on the grammar.

Grammar?what grammar?

Nov 2, 2008 at 12:21 PM
Justin-chan

The incoming transmission thing has some seriously horrendous spelling, a few grammar issues and a complete lack of punctuation according to my memory

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:32 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
jcys810 said:

The incoming transmission thing has some seriously horrendous spelling, a few grammar issues and a complete lack of punctuation according to my memory

English is obviously not his first language.

Grammar is proper spelling, you use CAPITAL LETTERS ([shift]+[letter, duh]) and use your capitals in the right spaces. For example:

WRONG:
i am bob
i am Bob
I Am Bob
I am bob

RIGHT:
I am Bob

Then there's periods which is this thing ^

You use them at the end of a sentence, like exclamations (!) and question marks (?)

You should know how that works. Now here's your first toast, revised parts are in bold

I'm creating a new mod.It's long..long..long..Well...long x 3000 Corridor.
There's a bit of monsters and traps
Size? 2047X15.
Picture is here:

Okay, that probably made you sound stupid but it should have helped. Now you know what grammar is

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:15 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
DimJim said:
Grammar is proper spelling,
WRONG! Grammar includes proper spelling, but it also includes proper syntax, usage, and othersuch things.
Now here's your first toast, revised parts are in bold

I'm creating a new mod.It's long..long..long..Well...long x 3000 Corridor.
There's a bit of monsters and traps
Size? 2047X15.
Picture is here:

Okay, that probably made you sound stupid but it should have helped. Now you know what grammar is
... first toast?
p48018-0-toast.jpg

In all seriousness, you did miss some:

I'm creating new mod. It's a long... long... long... well, long x 3000 corridor.
[There are/It has] some monsters and traps. ["A bit of" is generally not used for countable nouns]
Bit of size? 2047,15. [Not sure what this line means... ? Probably dimensions, as DimJim rendered it]
Pic... made one: [This falls under usage... it'd be more accurate to say you "took a screenshot" since you didn't literally make the picture, which would be more like if you opened the spritesheets and tilesets in an image editing program and assembled the scene from there, or just drew the picture yourself or something]

Nov 2, 2008 at 6:13 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Lyger said:
... first toast?
I really hope you know what that means.

Toast=post.

Nov 2, 2008 at 7:00 PM
It's a Sony
"Keep on rollin'!"
Well yeah, it was obvious what you meant, but I've never seen someone refer to a post as a "toast" before.

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:23 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I lold. Sorry to say, but it doesn't really err... I mean... Aww I can't say it ):

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM
graters gonna grate
I must admit, I wasn't too impressed by this mod. However, out of curiosity I explored the CaveStory subfolder in your mod folder and found a couple of unfinished mods (king and vs), and within said mods I also found a couple of really awesome *.org files (namely 600 and 601 in the king folder). Lol, and the combination of Jenka1/Jenka2 with Pink Panther was cool too. Hopefully you eventually finish those mods.

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
wedge of cheese said:
I must admit, I wasn't too impressed by this mod. However, out of curiosity I explored the CaveStory subfolder in your mod folder and found a couple of unfinished mods (king and vs), and within said mods I also found a couple of really awesome *.org files (namely 600 and 601 in the king folder). Lol, and the combination of Jenka1/Jenka2 with Pink Panther was cool too. Hopefully you eventually finish those mods.

I agree, those .org files are pretty good! 601 sounds a bit like Megaman to me.

Dec 6, 2008 at 12:48 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
wedge of cheese said:
Lol, and the combination of Jenka1/Jenka2 with Pink Panther was cool too. Hopefully you eventually finish those mods.
Pretty sure that Xaser made those o_O

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:29 PM
DoubleThink said:
Pretty sure that Xaser made those o_O

no idea who made them.i just forgot to delete those mods after i played
them.the Endless corridor project wasn't started yet. :eek:

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Lyger said:
WRONG! Grammar includes proper spelling, but it also includes proper syntax, usage, and othersuch things.

... first toast?
p48018-0-toast.jpg

In all seriousness, you did miss some:

I'm creating new mod. It's a long... long... long... well, long x 3000 corridor.
[There are/It has] some monsters and traps. ["A bit of" is generally not used for countable nouns]
Bit of size? 2047,15. [Not sure what this line means... ? Probably dimensions, as DimJim rendered it]
Pic... made one: [This falls under usage... it'd be more accurate to say you "took a screenshot" since you didn't literally make the picture, which would be more like if you opened the spritesheets and tilesets in an image editing program and assembled the scene from there, or just drew the picture yourself or something]

Sorry. I still have English lessons in school.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Professional Whatever
Make a zip download, please?
Oh, and double posting is sickening.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Because it's not like this person hasn't logged in for 586 days and the last post in this thread was exactly two years ago
:pignon2: :droll: :sun:

edit: in case that wasn't clear, don't necro threads.

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
"Make a zip download, please?
Oh, and double posting is sickening. "

Hmm why is your post reminding me of this game, hmm...

Hmm...