Cave Story: Jenka's Nightmare

Jul 16, 2007 at 8:48 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This mod is surprisingly good considering it's at alpha stage :p

A few bugs I found:

• If you use the chest that contained Fuel Cell again after the Gauska-teer fight you'll get the item again and the boss fight will begin, but the Gauska-teers won't appear.
  • You can enter the Egg Corridor before getting Curly's Air Tank.

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:51 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Finally finished the new version, and compiled a list of bugs. A lot of them I've seen reported already, but I'll mention them again, just in case (repeated bugs marked with *s).

It's still possible to get to the Revolutionarium early (lure the jumping guy over and bounce off him). Same with that life capsule.

Refill station in the "Familiar Cave?" only says "Health refilled", even while you have the Snake.

Door from First Cave to Mimiga Village: Door sound with no door.

Door from Chimney to Yamashita Farm: Door, but no door sound, door doesn't open.

*Can get to Egg Corridor without Air Tank (is that supposed to be possible?)

*Grasstown: "Max missiles increased by 5" message.

Sand Zone: Not technically a "glitch," but if you kill the Deconstructor quickly enough, there might be a ton of the little things flying around still, and the long wait period after closing the message window means you might get hit (which you wouldn't be able to do anything about). Suggestion: destroy the little things when the Deconstructor dies.

Hermit Gunsmith: Check empty treasure chest, and it makes text sound twice (once before text appears).

*Labrynth Shop: Checking computer after getting back to Mimiga Village and getting the Air Tank gives same message (Curly shouldn't be surprised you're alive, at least, since she's already seen you). Also, checking a second time, Sue still tells you to bring an address chip, even if you already have brought it.

Door from Chimney to Disused Room: No door sound/opening door.

*Mimiga Village: +5 missle chest just underneath exit from First Cave reverts to "closed chest" sprite (although it's still empty).

*Egg Corridor Storage Room: Lower entrance door takes you to 2 spaces too low?

*Grasstown: After completing the Labrynth, you can get back to the Construction Site (which was supposed to have collapsed). Entering it then leaving again drops you into Genesis: Sky. This was after I'd already fought Genesis. Further, continuing to the end of Sky, then Earth, the only exit (that I know about) leaves you stuck in the wall in the Sand Zone.

*Genesis: Can collect the Address Chip multiple times.

*Oblivion: It's possible to get there. :p

Also, three more that I apparently had seperated for some reason. Might not have checked them in this version, I don't know.

Sand Zone - Jumping bone-thrower guy near Small Shelter (upper right) falls through sun blocks
Sand Zone - Bird and Skull at beginning of secret Gaudi teleport (on the way to Misery's house, I think) doesn't have enough room, skull stops at ground while bird keeps going down.
Labrynth - Dead End exit goes to wrong door?

Like many have said before, awesome mod. XP Can't wait to see it finished.

Jul 16, 2007 at 8:51 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Ignore ignore again... (this mod is fun but damned infuriating in equal measures)

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:47 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Oh yeeeah, one more glitch I forgot about until just now. See attachment, and you should be able to figure out what it is.

Attachments

• Jenkas Nightmare Glitch.JPG
    Jenkas Nightmare Glitch.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 391
Jul 23, 2007 at 5:03 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, I've given up. Toroko is too hard. Not enough items drop whilst playing her so there's little chance of replenishing health. Monster X was fscking impossible without editing out all the spikes in Sue's Workshop.

Only sadomasochists will want to play any further in this insanely difficult mod. Someone slap the author for me, please?

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:10 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Vertiphon said:
Ignore ignore...

Vertiphon said:
Ignore ignore again... (this mod is fun but damned infuriating in equal measures)

Well...
Delete those trash posts.

Jul 23, 2007 at 7:00 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
GAH! I'm sick and tired of the dog/teleporter puzzle thing! I've tried everything from feeding only the dogs who bark once to trying to follow the order the weird robed person gives you. UGH. Can someone give me a hint? It's not exactly like me to ask for help on a game but I am honestly STUCK. Please help?

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:57 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Jester Frog said:
GAH! I'm sick and tired of the dog/teleporter puzzle thing! I've tried everything from feeding only the dogs who bark once to trying to follow the order the weird robed person gives you. UGH. Can someone give me a hint? It's not exactly like me to ask for help on a game but I am honestly STUCK. Please help?

I can understand your frustration here, but this is one of those puzzles where you'll think "doh, it was that easy" once you get it. Your best bet is just to save in the nearby cabin, then return back to the dogs and feed ONE of them. Then teleport. Now teleport again. Do you teleport back to the previous dog, or to a THIRD location? If you make it to a third location, you fed the wrong dog. Just quit and reload. If you keep teleporting between two dogs, you're on the right track. You now need to take the long road and use the teleporter by the "third" dog.

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:07 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
you not supposed to kill monster x in the mod your supposed to ride it :D

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:18 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Vertiphon said:
I can understand your frustration here, but this is one of those puzzles where you'll think "doh, it was that easy" once you get it. Your best bet is just to save in the nearby cabin, then return back to the dogs and feed ONE of them. Then teleport. Now teleport again. Do you teleport back to the previous dog, or to a THIRD location? If you make it to a third location, you fed the wrong dog. Just quit and reload. If you keep teleporting between two dogs, you're on the right track. You now need to take the long road and use the teleporter by the "third" dog.
Okay, I got to the workshop and got the stuff and saved. Now what? The only thing I couldn't do before was get back up that ledge near the flower teleporter.

EDIT: GLITCH! GLITCH! Okay, in a futile attempt to find some way to progress from the situation above, I used the Booster to fly up on top of the pillar near Cthulthu ... and got stuck. Couldn't move. At all. RESET!

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:36 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
I don't know what to do after this. It is locked,I already went back to sand zone and fought that flying Cyborg thing boss.
diph.php

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:11 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Haithm said:
I don't know what to do after this. It is locked,I already went back to sand zone and fought that flying Cyborg thing boss.
diph.php

talk to misery? i forget i havnt played that part since like 3 months ago :D

Jul 24, 2007 at 1:05 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Jester Frog said:
Okay, I got to the workshop and got the stuff and saved. Now what?

Um... do what I said and set the dog teleporters correctly. Try reading what I typed?

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:55 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Vertiphon said:
Um... do what I said and set the dog teleporters correctly. Try reading what I typed?
No I did what you said. Here it goes:
(the spoiler tags are for people who don't want the puzzle spoiled)
Okay so first I fed the Mimiga dog, used the teleporter, it went between Gaudi and Mimiga continuously, so from the Gaudi teleporter I went left down to the flower teleporter. I used that, it sent me to a path that I hadn't been in yet, followed it and killed the enemies (I also found a missile expansion) to come across a house. I go inside and the place is labeled "workshop". I found the Booster in there along with a diary in a crevice. Now what?

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:08 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Jester Frog said:
No I did what you said. Here it goes:
(the spoiler tags are for people who don't want the puzzle spoiled)
Okay so first I fed the Mimiga dog, used the teleporter, it went between Gaudi and Mimiga continuously, so from the Gaudi teleporter I went left down to the flower teleporter. I used that, it sent me to a path that I hadn't been in yet, followed it and killed the enemies (I also found a missile expansion) to come across a house. I go inside and the place is labeled "workshop". I found the Booster in there along with a diary in a crevice. Now what?

Welp, check the part of the blackboard that's glittering. You'll find the booster 0.8. Now, connect the teleporters in a different way, and use the booster to get to the third one. (Which would be the opposite of falling down to get to Booster's place) So, yeah. If you don't understand the teleporter puzzle, connecting two teleports to one another leaves the leftover one sending you elsewhere.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:38 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
xristosx said:
talk to misery? i forget i havnt played that part since like 3 months ago :D
I already talked to Misery many times. *-*. Help me please people. :D

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:55 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
ZTaimat said:
Welp, check the part of the blackboard that's glittering. You'll find the booster 0.8. Now, connect the teleporters in a different way, and use the booster to get to the third one. (Which would be the opposite of falling down to get to Booster's place) So, yeah. If you don't understand the teleporter puzzle, connecting two teleports to one another leaves the leftover one sending you elsewhere.
Whelp, you mean? Well, I'm in the Labyrinth right now. Way confusin'!

EDIT: ARGH! What do I do! I'm stuck in the labyrinth and I don't know what to do! Where is the critter juice!?

Jul 24, 2007 at 8:04 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Haithm said:
diph.php
Ooh ooh I know pick me! Set the teleporters "Flower" and "Gaudi" so that they teleport continuously between each other then use the "Mimiga" teleporter by going right from the "Gaudi" teleporter then down through the now open stone blocks.

Jul 26, 2007 at 1:59 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Brilliant mod. I've got to the Gaudi boss. I have to say it was a great idea with the SZ dog system. Btw, you can get to the revoluionarism at the very beggining. Just draw the critter guarding the life cap to near enough and use it to hop ove. Don't think that's intentional, is it? (Though it is hard if not impossible to kill it then in the latest version)

Jul 26, 2007 at 9:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Where is the critter juice? I can't find it anywhere! ;)