Curly Brace's Story *FIRST DEMO*

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:34 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt!!!!!
"Keep on rollin'!"
Thanks! I could never tell which notes I was using when I used the original.

Hopefully I should be able to make soemthing decent now that I know which note is which.

(Before I just clicked in semi-random spots, could never get the song to sound right...)

Again, Thanks!

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:05 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Thanks for the info. I'm not an expert at modding CS in particular, but I have a lot of... "generic" skills. ^_^

Can you specify what features of the ORG creator aren't compatible with CS? ...Or tell me where I can find out myself?

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:12 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
brianbdm said:
Thanks for the info. I'm not an expert at modding CS in particular, but I have a lot of... "generic" skills. ^_^

Can you specify what features of the ORG creator aren't compatible with CS? ...Or tell me where I can find out myself?

My recommendation is that you stick to using a copy of ver 134 (you can get it from the trib site or you can use the semi-custom one in the link in my previous). As long as you do that, there should be no problems with importing orgs. Also don't put any notes in tracks 13-15, this tends to crash CS when you load these orgs. You can use ver 205, but it has unknown compatibility issues sometimes (I don't know, I don't use it).

And if you're going to use custom org music, it is highly recommended that you DO NOT use SW, since SW cannot handle executables that have had resource changes (like orgs). I'd recommend grabbing CaveEditor, which can be found in the Cave Story discussion subforum.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Kaeso is using SW. Can you be more specific about what causes the problem? He's already using one custom .org file that he got from Wedge of Cheese.
I already have Cave Editor. What's the difference between the 2 versions of SW on the tribute site? Are they the most recent versions?

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:32 AM
Been here way too long...
you can mod a game w/ sw and then put orgs in it, but whatever you do don't re-open it once the custom orgs are in. it'll die. instead make a backup and only put music in 4 a demo and such.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:44 AM
So, don't re-open it with SW? And only put the custom .org files in at the very end? Got it. Thanks.

Oct 18, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I have a question.... i got to the end of year 3... but it froze when it said "END OF YEAR 3" The music was still playing, and i waited... the music ended and stlil nothing happened..... Help Please?

EDIT: Sorry if i bumped an old topic :/

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:05 PM
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
It's not completed yet.

Oct 20, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Yes, this is the end of the first demo version. We are currently working on year four. It would have been nice to add a really nice ending, but there's no reason to since it is going to be continued anyways, and it would just be a waste of time in the long run. Although I haven't talked to Kaeso in about 2 weeks, the project is not dead.
Don't worry, we'll get you more! =D

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Banned
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
brianbdm said:
the project is not dead.

This, is actually what I have been wanting to hear, since I loved the demo of this mod.

I can't wait until it is complete.

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:42 AM
I hope you revise some of the earlier maps though :/

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:54 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I remember playing the mod a good while ago, and I don't remember any problem with any of the maps. I think the only real issue was the having-three-health-the-whole-damn-time.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:42 AM
I've made several map revision suggestions to Kaeso already. If you have any suggestions yourelf, I'm sure he'd be glad to hear them. The most noticable problem I've found is that the Ancient Cave is causing a bit of lag. I expect that the vastness of the map is the problem. Perhapse if the map is divided into two separate rooms...
~~~~~~~~
Hey, Kaeso, if you're around, I've been hoping to talk to you lately! I haven't heard from you in awhile.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:56 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
While I'm enjoying your mod so far, I have to say I would much prefer if you created your very own levels. If you modded so much in that it the levels themselves were completely original and not based on cavestory levels. That would take a lot of time and effort. Basically Cave Story 2.

Oct 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Fire1052 said:
I remember playing the mod a good while ago, and I don't remember any problem with any of the maps. I think the only real issue was the having-three-health-the-whole-damn-time.

I mean the ancient Cave and Grasstown mainly had this kind of structure.

8______________________________________________________8

Go between the 8's to complete mission.

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM
While I'm enjoying your mod so far, I have to say I would much prefer if you created your very own levels. If you modded so much in that it the levels themselves were completely original and not based on cavestory levels. That would take a lot of time and effort. Basically Cave Story 2.
that sorta defeats the purpose.
this is supposed to be a prequel, ie, it could've led up to the cave story we know.
the maps have already been changed drastically, and making them even less like cs would take a way a coolness factor.

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Lace said:
this is supposed to be a prequel, ie, it could've led up to the cave story we know.
the maps have already been changed drastically, and making them even less like cs would take a way a coolness factor.

I understand both sides of that. Only the new areas should have new bgm and tilesets. That's what would make it better, right? Some of those maps can't go, like the Sand Zone, Mimiga Village, and Curly's house. They're too important to change, and they're supposed to be exactly like the original. I'll probably be able to help a lot with the spriting. But the game itself is first, and then the flashy stuff. Video games are supposed to work at first. Make sure of that before you make it so they work well. Know what I mean?

Say, can anyone tell me how I can get a bass track on ORG maker? Maybe I can't. It just isn't right without one, though. By a bass track, I mean I want to have a track with the notes an octave lower.

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:24 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Lace said:

Cave Story 0.5.

...Or Cave Story v0.8...

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:27 AM
When you have a decimal, it usually implies a beta release. This is separate from the original cave story, which did not have any beta releases, as far as I know.

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:28 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
brianbdm said:
Say, can anyone tell me how I can get a bass track on ORG maker? Maybe I can't. It just isn't right without one, though. By a bass track, I mean I want to have a track with the notes an octave lower.

-_- ..... I hate to have to explain this, but you asked so I figured I might as well......

p43321-0-sxhn4j.jpg

2 things are circled here: The number on the piano roll and the scroll bar.
The Number tells you what octave you're in (for reference to the notes) and the scroll bar lets you scroll up and down. If you, say, want to go down an octave or so, all you gotta do is scroll down using the scroll bar like so.

p43321-1-16aef5u.jpg

And that's how you add bass (go down a bunch of octaves). Personally, I thought it was pretty obvious :p .