Setting Some Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2008 at 8:06 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
No they won't be allowed. It can't be that hard to make five-liners for example instead of one-liners.
That's why I hate long posts. Seriously. If I want to say something that brings the discussion forward and can easily fit into a one-liner, why should I unnecessarily inflate it? And inversely, why doesn't anybody mind the absurdly long posts that tend to pop up in almost every argument that takes place here? They get painful after a while. And I mean painful.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:16 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Moderating Mods or Admins or even Users will be also not allowed. You can keep that on PM's. I hate that fingerpointing, it accomplishes nothing. Just because you want your little 'revenge'.

T-Jack said:
That's why I hate long posts. Seriously. If I want to say something that brings the discussion forward and can easily fit into a one-liner, why should I unnecessarily inflate it? And inversely, why doesn't anybody mind the absurdly long posts that tend to pop up in almost every argument that takes place here? They get painful after a while. And I mean painful.

One-liners who are helpful are ALLOWED.
It's just that you are not able to every freaking time post one-liners, it will just end in a chaos, cause you can fastly write a one-liner, jesus.

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
S. P. Gardebiter said:
Moderating Mods or Admins or even Users will be also not allowed. You can keep that on PM's. I hate that fingerpointing, it accomplishes nothing. Just because you want your little 'revenge'.

One-liners who are helpful are ALLOWED.
It's just that you are not able to every freaking time post one-liners, it will just end in a chaos, cause you can fastly write a one-liner, jesus.

Well yeah I never said that we couldn't take note of admins' or mods' flaws through PM's -_-" I didn't say that must be carried out in the forums did I? =P

And hooray one-lines that are helpful are allowed.

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:40 PM
Hoxtilicious
Yes if they answer questions.

You know, moderating admins, moderators or users isn't allowed.
Instead of saying: "Hey you spam! Stop that!", you will say: "I have a question, please don't be angry, but I saw some posts who may be spam... My I show you those posts?"

Anyway, you have to listen to what the moderator or admin says and you HAVE to do it, otherwise you get banned.

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Anyway, you have to listen to what the moderator or admin says and you HAVE to do it, otherwise you get banned.
Even in the unlikely event that it goes against a member's morals/values/shit?

If the person gives a valid excuse, the person should not have to do it, right?

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
S. P. Gardebiter said:
You know, moderating admins, moderators or users isn't allowed.
What about "Guys, would you please stop spamming/flaming/trolling/whatever and get back on topic?" ?

jcys810 said:

I can't think of any valid excuses for breaking the rules. Maybe one-time offences used to make a joke would be okay, buit those would have to be used seldom...

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM
Hoxtilicious
jcys810 said:

Do you really think I'm going to tell my members to flame people or something? Everything I will tell them will have to do with not breaking the rules.

T-Jack said:
What about "Guys, would you please stop spamming/flaming/trolling/whatever and get back on topic?" ?

Of course that would work. Since you're talking to all people. :)
It doesn't work though if there is a threat in it, because that's a admin's job.

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Luls
S. P. Gardebiter said:

You better rephrase that.

It makes admins and mods sound like gods, which should not be the case. I suggest you edit that post of yours.

Edit -

An example you want, an example it is.

Just because you don't agree with someone else on the forum, you ask him to stfu and if he still feels that his point of view should be accepted, why should you ban him? Just because you're in a position of power doens't mean that you can go round doing things like that. The whole world doens't revolve around you y'know? If that's the case, you can easily just ban anyone who doesn't bow down to you.

!! READ THIS AFTER READING THAT PARAGRAPH !!
Do not think that I'm like... scolding someone for having done that because that hasn't actually happened yet. It's just an example complete with what I'd say if that were to happen. So lols. =P

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:04 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
You better rephrase that.

It makes admins and mods sound like gods, which should not be the case. I suggest you edit that post of yours.
It makes sense enough to me... @_@

They obviously deserve the postion of power coz they're mods, it's quite understandable that they want respect in return. Rather, it's obligatory that you submit to them unless you have a very good reason not to (like Justin said) and you explain that to them VIA PM.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM
Luls
Roonil Wazlib said:
It makes sense enough to me... @_@

They obviously deserve the postion of power coz they're mods, it's quite understandable that they want respect in return.

THIS IS JUST A FREAKING EXAMPLE. DO NOT TAKE THIS TOO HARSHLY
But what if the mod DIDN'T, in the first place, deserve his position? Cause if this rule were to be set down, if, in the future, a new mod is appointed, but does not actually deserve that post, what are you gonna do? This rule would pose against you, and in favour of him.

I sitll suggest that it should be rephrased to be more specific.

Edit -

Sorry, I've realised that i've been using alot of his, hes, hims etc. without using much (or any X_x) hers and shes. Please do not take it that I'm sexist. It's just that it's easier to use (well for me, it is =/)

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Hoxtilicious
Metalogz said:
But what if the mod DIDN'T, in the first place, deserve his position? Cause if this rule were to be set down, if, in the future, a new mod is appointed, but does not actually deserve that post, what are you gonna do? This rule would pose against you, and in favour of him.

Then you PM me about it :)
You guys can be sure I'm not going to ban someone for just disagreeing with my views <_<;
Even if a discussion is harsh it is technically not flaming.
If you have got any problems with any "new mod" or even admin just PM me.
If you have got problems with me, PM me too.
Like I said that's what PM's for. But please do not start a discussion like: "I didn't spammed, now I got a warning, how unfair.", because if that would be allowed everyone would do it <_<;

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Respwnt
Metalogz said:
THIS IS JUST A FREAKING EXAMPLE. DO NOT TAKE THIS TOO HARSHLY

I sitll suggest that it should be rephrased to be more specific.
Then you contact the admins. It's pretty simple since the rule of not abusing powers applies to mods as well, and if that is being broken, you can e-mail the superiors. Why include something that is obvious anyway?

Metalogz said:
Sorry, I've realised that i've been using alot of his, hes, hims etc. without using much (or any X_x) hers and shes.
We don't think it's wrong to be gay. Be proud of what you are.

Metalogz said:
Please do not take it that I'm sexy.
Nobody does. You're fricken ugly.

EDIT: I think we need those rules posted fast.
It looks like we've covered most of the points now, I don't see all this discussion to have gone anywhere if there the main stuff aren't pinned yet.

If we missed out on something really important, SP can edit it in. Best to post it soon so members can't complain they didn't know the rules later.

Aug 28, 2008 at 12:56 PM
Luls
Roonil Wazlib said:
We don't think it's wrong to be gay. Be proud of what you are.

You're fricken ugly.

I'm a mirror.

Roonil Wazlib said:
EDIT: I think we need those rules posted fast.
It looks like we've covered most of the points now, I don't see all this discussion to have gone anywhere if there the main stuff aren't pinned yet.

If we missed out on something really important, SP can edit it in. Best to post it soon so members can't complain they didn't know the rules later.

My sentients exactly.

Sep 1, 2008 at 4:37 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Eh wha wha wha wha?
I have just for the first time noticed the "Report Bad Post" button :p
Does this thing actually work, and if so, how are these reports dealt with? >_>

Sep 1, 2008 at 5:08 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
Eh wha wha wha wha?
I have just for the first time noticed the "Report Bad Post" button :p
Does this thing actually work, and if so, how are these reports dealt with? >_>
If it works:
- DT reports every post ever made by Kage regardless of post content.
- DT gets temp banned for abusing the system.
- DT repeats the process.
- SP ignores DT vs Kage post reports.

If it doesn't work:
- Nothing happens.

If it works but has fallen out of use (likely):
- SP doesn't check post reports.
- Nothing happens.

Sep 1, 2008 at 5:17 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
My faith in your integrity is truly boundless. I feel totally secure in the knowledge that you're the one setting up the new Doukutsu site. Cows are made of strawberries.

Sep 1, 2008 at 5:36 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
My faith in your integrity is truly boundless. I feel totally secure in the knowledge that you're the one setting up the new Doukutsu site.
Thanks. :D

DoubleThink said:
Cows are made of strawberries.
You realise that this will only end with me attempting to photoshop a cow and strawberries together. :p

Sep 1, 2008 at 6:02 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
There, now if you don't want me arguing about Kag then kindly shut the hell up about it when I don't even mention it.

Attachments

• nice beef.JPG
    nice beef.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 60
Sep 1, 2008 at 6:51 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DoubleThink said:
There, now if you don't want me arguing about Kag then kindly shut the hell up about it when I don't even mention it.

Ouch.

DoubleThink said:
Double ouch.

The strawberry cow thing was just an attempt to resolve this thing with light humour, just like the "ignorance of sarcasm" thing. I was making fun of you earlier? Sure I was. But you seem to take that as an argument or attack against you. The fact that you took my attempt at humour with the strawberry cow so negatively tells me things about you that I don't even want to know. I am sorry about making fun of the whole Kage argument thing but you have taken things way too far. And I also wanted to be the one to make the strawberry cow. Your cow is depressingly suicidal. :p

Anyway to answer your question I would assume that the report buttons work, but I think they have grown out of use. So they are probably useless by this point.

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:26 AM
Luls

What has this thread come to?! DDD:

(Btw I also just realised the report button, though I doubt it'd make a difference if it were used cause theres no one to keep track of report reports)

Edit -

(Btw I just realised that there isn't a report post button on your own posts, which means that you cannot report your own post lol xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.