Show off your org music...

May 27, 2010 at 3:45 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
brianbdm said:
I've tried my hand at making "copy orgs" a couple of times. They've turned out okay. I've sort of finished this one. It's not the full thing, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it all. It's based off of this song. It's impossible to get the exact sound with org maker, but I thought it still sounded pretty good.

Sounds nice. At 120 measures, it's already pretty long for a typical ORG.

May 28, 2010 at 1:45 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
http://www.mediafire.com/?2yoimnnn5nw

This is an improvement over one of my older songs, I added quite a bit to it. I took out the existing drum track, because frankly. It sucked. Working a bit on the balance still, and one of my friends commented that he didn't think the transition was that great (which admittedly I suck at transitions). So if you have any suggestions or could possibly add a bit of a percussion that I can copy off of that would be extremely helpful.

I'm really enjoying all of your music, it makes me sad because I'm supposed to be making videogame music, but all of your music is much better suited for levels and such in games. Haven't really mastered the whole sound of videogames, I can just create good melodies normally.

May 28, 2010 at 3:43 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
carrotlord said:
Sounds nice. At 120 measures, it's already pretty long for a typical ORG.
Yeah. But it's important because it doesn't loop. It's quite repetitive, so it wasn't that hard to make it long. I think it was track 2 that never changed whatsoever. One of them didn't, anyways. It kept doing the same 2 measures the whole time.

May 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
thestopsign said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2yoimnnn5nw

This is an improvement over one of my older songs, I added quite a bit to it. I took out the existing drum track, because frankly. It sucked. Working a bit on the balance still, and one of my friends commented that he didn't think the transition was that great (which admittedly I suck at transitions). So if you have any suggestions or could possibly add a bit of a percussion that I can copy off of that would be extremely helpful.

I took a stab at adding some percussion to your song. Might not be what you were going for so lemme know what you think. I like your melodies, especially the intro and think you need to return to it right around the time it loops. Oh I also sped up the track a little and adjusted the intro loop starting point. :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kzzctjt42wy/Recoil.org

May 29, 2010 at 5:28 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Neil said:
I took a stab at adding some percussion to your song. Might not be what you were going for so lemme know what you think. I like your melodies, especially the intro and think you need to return to it right around the time it loops. Oh I also sped up the track a little and adjusted the intro loop starting point. :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kzzctjt42wy/Recoil.org

Thanks so much. I like it a lot, I slowed it down a bit and added a bit to the ending. Sounds much better now.

May 30, 2010 at 4:29 AM
Alright, Finally got another tune to upload here.
I'm am seriously pretty happy with this theme, since it's theme represents everything there is about the character who it belongs to.

BIG thanks to Brianbdm for coming up with what has to be one of the catchiest over-tune rhythms out of all of my tunes so far ;D

Scooter's Theme: Uncertain

EDIT Updated URL
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzjrmmwmjuu

May 30, 2010 at 4:37 AM
Not anymore
Volley said:
Alright, Finally got another tune to upload here.
I'm am seriously pretty happy with this theme, since it's theme represents everything there is about the character who it belongs to.

BIG thanks to Brianbdm for coming up with what has to be one of the catchiest over-tune rhythms out of all of my tunes so far ;D

Scooter's Theme: Uncertain

EDIT Updated URL
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzmz4fmkmfq

Sounds great, very catchy tune. This one's also pretty big, no? 73KB?

May 30, 2010 at 4:46 AM
carrotlord said:
Sounds great, very catchy tune. This one's also pretty big, no? 73KB?

Yeah, it's pretty heavy, I'll do some more fine tuning when i get everything all finalized, probably transitioning to that key change a bit sooner, since you'd almost completely miss it if you weren't on the map long enough.

EDIT 100 posts xD wewt

May 30, 2010 at 4:56 AM
I'm glad that we got to do this. It was really fun to work on. It was almost all Volley's doing. I just got lucky picking some notes. ^^

May 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM
Not anymore
May 31, 2010 at 9:27 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
carrotlord said:
Uh, not to be offensive or anything, but I don't think these songs follow the traditional circle of fifths, which is why they sound somewhat weird.

Are you kidding? They sound weird because they're only the 2nd and 3rd songs I've made w/ Orgyana. IT'S BECUZ I SUCK.

[edit] Oh wait, you said they DON'T. Nevermind.

May 31, 2010 at 11:47 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
sixtyseconds said:

Are you kidding? They sound weird because they're only the 2nd and 3rd songs I've made w/ Orgyana. IT'S BECUZ I SUCK.

[edit] Oh wait, you said they DON'T. Nevermind.

Yeah your first songs will generally suck, but having some grasp of musical theory will generally help. Like this naturalhigh one doesn't sound all that great since you're using a chromatic scale (whatever notes you want pretty much) and so it doesn't sound "natural". Same for the second org.

Also you can't use all of the percussion instruments if you want to import the org into CS. Read THIS thread for more details.

So I'd recommend looking up some basic music theory. Mainly looking up some scales.

Alternatively an easy way to stay in key all the time is just to stay in the key of C major, and only use the white notes.

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
two small orgs I made to be game over music and health capsule music, respectively.

Insert Coin? Composed by me!
Ms. Pac Man Act 1 The music that plays while seeing Act 1: They Meet. I love Ms. Pac Man, so this was a given!

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:56 AM
Not anymore
cultr1 said:
two small orgs I made to be game over music and health capsule music, respectively.

Insert Coin? Composed by me!
Ms. Pac Man Act 1 The music that plays while seeing Act 1: They Meet. I love Ms. Pac Man, so this was a given!

Nice job on both. Insert coin seems pretty cheery for a game-over tune...

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
That's kind of what I was going for, just a little not game-over-y. Would it be better elsewhere?

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:32 AM
Not anymore
cultr1 said:
That's kind of what I was going for, just a little not game-over-y. Would it be better elsewhere?

I don't know. It's pretty short for a full song, so maybe keep it as the game-over tune?

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
http://www.mediafire.com/?xldqtkywj5w

Here's one called Upon the Grassy Knoll. Probably my most video-gamey sounding composition yet. I like it a lot, but if you guys have any feedback on it that would be great. As the title says, I'd imagine this being played somewhere like Grass Town or a field.

Jun 5, 2010 at 4:22 AM
For a while now, Brianbdm and myself have been working on improving one of the more important tracks that I've been working on to make it a little less repetitive and generally more interesting to listen to.

We're kind of at a little bit of an impasse as to where we should take the tune though, kinda of having different ideas about some parts.

Does anyone have any suggestions or would like to take a whack at doing tweeks to either of our's?

Brian's Org ("Simulation"):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymgt1j4tulr

Volley's Org ("Simulation"):
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdm4mrzm2zj