Forum Mod Plot Discussion Topic

Feb 10, 2008 at 9:06 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
oh and justin/impulse/jcys810/epicmanwhore/happyangstemo for king. Metalogz for my sidekickpartner in crime, brothers in timeadventuring the forums to try and change people or some shit, hmm... Jack? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
jcys810 said:
oh and justin/impulse/jcys810/epicmanwhore/happyangstemo for king. Metalogz for my sidekickpartner in crime, brothers in timeadventuring the forums to try and change people or some shit, hmm... Jack? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DOTZ.

MORE DOTZ.

I think you would fit the Doctor's crazy character pretty well.
:(

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:55 AM
Justin-chan
I wanna be King-Edit D:<

Feb 10, 2008 at 12:03 PM
Luls
Roonil Wazlib said:
I wanna be Chaco-[Edit] D:<

I WANNA BE Sue edit! (most ANP commands MUHAHHAAHHAA!)

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:09 PM
Justin-chan
Metalogz gone female.

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:12 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I want to be one of the mostly useless NPCs!

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:59 PM
Luls
jcys810 said:
Metalogz gone female.

I made my main char in my mod a Sue edit and he isn't female....

Gender blind

:(

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:07 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
DoubleThink said:
Ah, but it does not merely take place on the forum; it is the forum! Only with a plotline. And stuff >.>

Those terms are synonymous. They mean the same damned thing. Screw it, I’m just going to assume you did this as a bad joke…

DoubleThink said:
Well in my honest opinion that idea of yours would make the game too similar to other mods of that nature (Fjord's Adventure, the BIG Switcharoo, The Zealous Caves, SUGFM...). I'm not saying my idea is the right one but since this mod is going to be kind of special I think it could be a bit more unique.

This is true, but not necessarily a bad thing. The story and characters would obviously make the game.

DoubleThink said:
This does not sound much, much easier ;)

To me it does. Seriously, all this takes is changing the dialogue.

DoubleThink said:
Also also: When was it decided that you were in charge of this project? o.O And yes I've read through the other thread, several times. SP said the project was becoming to big and awkward but never actually said he was leaving (at least not in the mod thread) and then you came along and said you'd be willing to do it instead, and now you're in charge of the scrpting suddenly. I was under the impression that this was going to be a group-style project and not a one-man deal, so as to have several people all chipping in to spread the work around and keep the project 'neutral'. Hopefully I didn't miss something... x.x

What is your problem? You just love interpreting my sentences as things that they’re not. You did see how I openly asked Bad Beholder which storyline he liked the best, right? I’m doing whatever the majority of the Users on this Forum want me to do, regardless of my opinions. I’ve never once implied that I was ever in charge. This seems to be a figment of your imagination that you just kind of pulled out of your head so that you could argue with me some more.

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:25 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
The plot should be unique, but not so unique it loses the charm and flow of the original cave story.
Of course, we all already know this =P

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:06 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I already called being Cthulu-Edit. >_<

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:57 PM
"Huzzah!"
Odd. I have character sprites.

Hmm... what about everyone else, though? How shall other members be represented? Interesting thoughts.

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Best Plot Ever (but still has some holes that need filling):

Modder: A device that alters reality, little does anyone know that this device has been used before.
Forum: Something that is soooo not going to be in this story other than a place where assassins are raised and trained.
Catgirl: A humaniod race that can halt the effects of the Modder, but also knows how to start it.
Roonil Wazlib: A man devoted to hunting down the catgirls.
Forum Assassins: The highly trained assassins of Forum, hired by Seven and use sniper rifles as their weapon of choice.
Kageryushin: Part of the group but seeming to have his own purpose he is later revealed as the leader of the Forum Assassins.
Marlene: A person who can change into anyone she wants in all areas apart from gender and is the sister to sp.
Liesandar the great: Is a master of healing (healing function)
Seven: The main antagonist of the game who seeks to use the power of the Modder, later revealed as Marlene.
Andwhy: A traveler who has this knack of appearing everywhere and anywhere, friend to XristosX and seeks to stop the threat of the Modder.
S.P. Gardebiter: Leader of the "good guys".
DB: A scientist who worked on a creature known as the sliver, learned the error of his ways after his creations became uncontrollable.
Sliver: Ask DB. ;)
S Series (Spam Bot): Robot soldiers controlled by Seven and made by DB, they seem to have talking habits that annoy both Seven and DB to no end.
Runelancer: The warrior that fought the last great battle for control over the Modder (Think Arthur).
Slife: Record Keeper (saving function).
Ryfel: The name of the current world as created by the Modder device.

The rest are most likely good guys.

This has the makings of a great story, what do you think of it?

To SP: Sorry about your sister's role, I am just trying to make a good story here so do not take offense.

To DB: And sorry about your role as well.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:43 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
The 'modder' seems like an oddly good idea. The rest of that was just random babling, I think >> <<

Soo... Metalogz, in his over-hyper-active noobishness stumbles across [some place; cave, etc.], leading him to find the 'Modder'. He eventually starts wreaking havok upon the floating island of 'Iratagonom Ustukuod', where us good citizens live, through the use of various stuff, like bad gfx; blinding, repeatitive backgrounds, and loose, lacking dialouge.

MEANWHILE

Up on the island, [Hero of story] is confronting [Sub-villan] within the Palace of 'Noitar-tsinimda', in an attempt to fend him off, and bring peace back to the island once more. Just as the fight ends, Metalogz appears and begins wreaking havok.

>> <<

(Read the Italics 'Drawkcab')

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:57 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
ZTaimat said:
The 'modder' seems like an oddly good idea. The rest of that was just random babling, I think >> <<
If you put all of my post together it has the makings of an awesome story. I wasn't babbling, just writing descriptions for all the different people and things that are in that story because it is easier than writing a summary.

I think you completely misinterpreted my post.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Nah, I stopped reading after the term 'catgirl' appeared.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:05 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Kageryushin said:
What is your problem? You just love interpreting my sentences as things that they’re not. You did see how I openly asked Bad Beholder which storyline he liked the best, right? I’m doing whatever the majority of the Users on this Forum want me to do, regardless of my opinions. I’ve never once implied that I was ever in charge. This seems to be a figment of your imagination that you just kind of pulled out of your head so that you could argue with me some more.
Hmm, yes, why would I think this...
Kageryushin said:
I disagree with this plot, mainly because I agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't have the Mod take place on the Forum. Also, it'd be much, much easier for me to just copy the basic structure of the original Cave Story, mostly because I'm new to this whole Mod-making thing and it’d just be easier in general.
FOR SOME STRANGE REASON THIS MAKES IT SOUND VERY MUCH LIKE YOU'RE THE ONE DOING ALL THE WORK. I AM SORRY IF I INTERPRETED THIS WRONGLY BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE OBVIOUS INTERPRETATION TO ME.

Also:
Myself said:
On that note, I'd prefer it if this is, for the time being, a thread designed merely to ouline what the plot will be like, not who does what and who is good/bad and who wants to be where and who's designing/scripting/spriting/etc; that's what the other thread is for I think >.>;
Hay guyz what's up ;)
I said this specifically so there could be an actual story to work with before we start putting people in it and designating them certain roles, since I assumed that is what was happening in the other thread and nobody has seen fit to correct me on that yet. I tried to make this a thread specifically for plot ideas. I'm aware that certain characters having certain parts is important to plot design, but I also mentioned that it would be fairier if the plot was impartial to all parties concerned, and again nobody has seen fit to correct me there. This project needs some actual structure if it's going to get anywhere and all I'm doing is trying to find one that everyone can agree with so we can actually starting putting people in it.
Thankyou.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:25 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Why does no one look at my story idea, I put lots of effort into it. ;)

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:37 AM
"Huzzah!"
It uses specific characters though so it doesn't fit with the discussion at hand... though your ideas for Forum Assassins and S-Bots are quite nice.

Zarro's got the best ideas so far, though I fully support the player character remaining a "fake" member or something. Don't want to play favorites here...

So, I hate the idea of having the story take place on the actual *internet forums*... perhaps the characters live in a kingdom known as "Forum" and they must "register" as a legal citizen. i.e., make it somewhat real-ish instead of "this happens in cyberspace oh no".

The plotline probably shouldn't mirror that of Cave Story too much... Zarro's outline, with the "modder" present in some way or form, seems ideal so far, but ideas from others' storylines should be implemented for justice!

Here's a nifty idea for the use of the "alternate" character (Mask): Why not simply have one anonymous, quote-ish character (i.e. the silent type) but the player can select gender at the beginning. Thus, you'd either play as simply "Hero" or "Heroine" (NOT the drug). I can see this working somehow... simple but effective?