Cave Story: Ashes to Ashes

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:28 PM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Roonil Wazlib said:
But we've wasted tetrabytes of these forums by killing so many catgirls.

Better not waste more :(

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Metalogz said:
Better not waste more :(
You're right, we're trespassing in the thread of a to-be-copyrighted game.

But honestly, Mr. M, do you guys seriously think you can hit it big in the markets with a MOD?

Let's all just save the contents of this thread so that pixel has evidence to sue if this is ever published.

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Respwnt
AND I just read that blog.
If you think SP is such a "possessive dickhead" THEN DON'T FUCKING USE HIS MATERIAL coz you've just had a first-hand experience of his friggin personality.

Oh yeah, my favourite part of this blog:
You have quite possibly lost an affiliation with us, which is quite important, as we are about to carry over 40,000 people for suggestions and support.
:(

EDIT: Earliest blog:
1 comments
Cool eh?
Upon further investigation:
Comment deleted

LOLOL

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:00 PM
Luls
Hey MrMontmorency,

We DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT TO BE YOUR ROOT FORUM OF DISCUSSION for your PIECE OF SHIT MOD.

Copying other people's work and insulting the creator of that piece of work is just plain retarded. Please get off the face of this planet right now. You don't belong on this planet.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:02 PM
Justin-chan
You have quite possibly lost an affiliation with us, which is quite important, as we are about to carry over 40,000 people for suggestions and support.
Oh and everybody here who hates you is going to enjoy looking at your faces of disappointment when that FAILS to happen.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:06 PM
Luls
I think we should ban this guy...

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:08 PM
Justin-chan
We can't ban him for something he does offsite. :/

Except for the snagging bit.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I freaking agree. I mean, why the hell does he want SP's .pbm's when he was going to edit them such that they don't look like any other's in the first place!?!

We're not grabbing anything anymore. I want to make this clear. We used the original as a template, which we intended to credit for. We would've even though we don't need to.

Then delete that MyChar.pbm, and do your own one instead of "saving time" by snagging stuff here and there.

Why don't you check the Guest.pbm in the original game and tell me that about Garde?

Time constraints? Enough time to argue and make a long blog entry but not enough time to just copy and paste sprites from NpcGuest.pbm into MyChar.pbm and arrange them, then proceed to recoloring them?

Yes, actually, we were originally planning to continue editing them rather than adressing the issue, but since you are all so inthralled with this, we had to address the issue anyway.

In the time you take to write that post, you could have done that, what time constraints were there?

We were arranging cram sessions, preparing plans for each level, and generally real life. Our time zones are diffrent, and out schedules are tight.

The Caret.pbm too, seriously, get off your lazy butt and stop giving lame excuses like "Oh no, I can make a mistake time and again without fixing the error regardless whether the person involved wants me to.

We're busy fixing the 'error'. It was originally planned anyway.

Oh, and I also have this really good excuse called TIME CONSTRAINTS. It may sound awesome and all, but really, its just a hidden excuse for allowing me to do whatever I want and gain pity plus sympathy.

Please tell me what you base that on.

Try again. Believe it or not, you won't be making the majority of the modifications around here. Mainly because you aren't active here, and there are several mods already completed, even though its numbers are few.

We don't really plan to. When people are willing to treat the project like shit for the slightest things, it may be the best idea to work offsite with people who can contribute properly.

After we asked you quite politely to remove it? But your excuse came up again.

2 files that we used as templates for something that will be drastically different?

Insignificant? Hm, maybe you failed to notice but... Caret.pbm plays a HUGE AND MAJOR role in the mod, any mod, including the original Cave Story. Hell, its insignificant? Then delete it. When you get a "level up", your mod will crash.

In terms of gameplay it is insignificant. When we're concentrating on the gameplay, i don't think we're going to changing the Caret.pbm while we're doing it.

Shi wasn't being a possesive dick, she just wanted you to.. Hmm.. ASK. JUST ASK. CAN'T YOU BLOODY ASK EVEN ONCE?

We had no time, as we were concentrating on the gameplay and contributions. We're quite busy, since we all run in different time zones and different schedules, we need to shortcut when we have these problems.

Hey, next time you go to work in business or some bullcrap, you can just go around the internet and find materials for your bloody research and plagerise it. At the most you will only be infringing copyright which is only punishable by law.

Well, theres a difference, ever heard of fair use? We don't have to credit anyone if the modification isn't for sale. But we intended to anyway. If you all waited at least until we finsihed, there would have a been a reasonable reason for you to be saying that we 'stole content', even though you would have noticed that we would have credited by then.

Seriously, grow some balls/brains and think this through. Stop being a center-minded jerk.

I'm not. I don't know where you get this revelation from. If anything it should be all of you.

You want a break? Break your hands, you won't be able to use the computer anymore, THAT, will be a break. Hell, better yet, get paralysed.

Yeah, we need a bit of a break... Phoenix is busy at school, Survivor is sick and TidusLoire has work in a different timezone, yeah, we need a bit of a break, especially when only one person seems to be able to do the editing.

We show respect to those who deserve it. Taking things without permission isn't very nice.

We were a bit busy, as aforementioned.

Would you like it if I took your things without permission? I yank a strand of pubic hair off you without asking, snatch your money, ID, ATM cards, credit cards, etc. without asking, you like that?

Well, no... those things have significant value.

Yeah, I'm exaggerating, but seriously, it isn't that hard to ask. Get some basic courtesy, and we will show you respect.

Why don't you? We were a bit busy, as aforementioned.

The insulting bit, I ain't too sure. Depends on what you consider insults, if you are that big of a sissy, then sure, take everything to heart.

Then I guess different insults don't have a varying degree of disrespect.

Erm, please fuck off, because you're wasting our time with your freaking copied "great-mod".

Please list all those within the directory that are copied and those that are made by us. Thanks for the compliment, but i don't think our mod is that good yet...

Wait, you are making this game for sale? Or so Metalogz says.. On MSN... Well, you can't, because the engine was made by Pixel AND copyrighted by him, by selling it, you are infringing copyright.

We're not selling it. We're doing this for fun.

Hell, all you really want is a place in Wikipedia, don't you?

Not really, although it is a nice perk, we could find contributions on the article to make the mod better.

But seriously, the main character in my mod was also edited off Garde's MyChar.pbm, WITH PERMISSION.

Well, it looks like you had time to do this.

And it looks nothing much like the one Garde has.

Well, that's because you finished your mod, and we haven't, a little patience would be nice so we can prove that this will change in the future.

LOL WHAT? FOR SALE?

No. For fun, my illiterate friend.

Seriously, you can't sell it. Maybe you can, but you'd have to ask Pixel first, at his BBS, want a link? Well, I can't give you one, I forgot the link myself.

We're not selling it.

Actually I don't get why some member's are complaining
I saw those sprite and wanted to use it, so I tried... I was a noob at pixeling and it was a real pain in the ass, to add the missing frames. Also to choose colours for Caret, recolouring was kinda easy, but I needed colours who fit my mod >_<

It's not actually that hard, it's pretty easy to draw over the missing frames on Quote, and you could get the same thing. You don't seem to be mentioning that we are not finished yet, and this may change.

So after all those hours, just one member comes and takes it away, he shows absolutely no respect, but want respect himself, in other words, he's acting like a hypocrite.

With time, credit would be given, and the changes would be so deep, you wouldn't notice that it was off a template.

He gives a shit on the time I spend for this. (Allthough it wasn't much, it STILL is that way.) So he uses it without even crediting and asking and when I'm going to tell him, that it isn't okay, he just acts like it's his privilege/right to use it, uses lame excuses, asking nooby questions, calling his mod a "game", he gives a shit about the time spend on the FAQ's, he's just taking and taking and taking without asking and crediting.

If you gave it time, we would have.

His effrontery, just pisses me off a bit, which is understandable to a degree I guess. So I just post here and tell him and he is telling me I'm acting like a kid. After the secound post he just writes a offensive, hyper exaggerated entry in his journal.

Please highlight all areas that are exaggerated, i shall go through them and point out whether they are for effect.

Oh and about your... ..."Game", it isn't called a mod because you totally created the engine yourself, totally written in all the script by yourself, and totally compiled the exe by yourself, and its totally your very own original creation with nothing related to this game called Cave Story even though your title has the words Cave Story in it. Yeah... Totally. And you can also totally sell it because you totally did create the game all by yourself.

We're not selling it. We use the term 'game' sometimes as when we refer to it as such, especially we are talking about he plot, which usually defines a game.

Oh, and totally ditch the idea about selling the mod,

We're not.

You're right, we're trespassing in the thread of a to-be-copyrighted game.

But honestly, Mr. M, do you guys seriously think you can hit it big in the markets with a MOD?

We're not. Seriously, where did you get that idea?

Oh yeah, my favourite part of this blog:

EDIT: Earliest blog:
1 comments

Cool eh?
Upon further investigation:
Comment deleted

LOLOL

My friend, we shall see. I shall refer you to:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ebeeto
http://www.youtube.com/user/UrinatingTree

Both shall be mentioning us sometime in the year.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Funny, you didn't mention me. And why would anyone even consider mentioning you? Youtube groups or not. Put simply, flaming aside, this mod is absolute utter dog vomit. Said and done.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Respwnt
My 2 year old brother can linque you to random youtube channels :o.

I was referring to the CS related stuff, anyway :p.

But seriously, EVERY other mod/modder has shown the courtesy to ask before taking, and if you release a demo, the files you use become official, whether you like it or not. Noone cares about whether you are going to edit it, its what you release that we care about. There was no real provocation from our side, which I really can't make sense of, because if after requesting persistantly, but POLITELY to edit the sprites, you don't, it makes you wonder whether you are ever gonna change it. Anyway, I'd prefer being called a possessive dick to being known as someone who's stolen stuff, so SP shouldn't be bothered with you guys once you oblige.

What pisses me off most is that you've used that blog to portray SP and the rest of us as if we're misers, WHICH WE ARE NOT, if you check out the rest of the forum, but I guess you won't because of your fucking cum constraints.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:25 PM
Respwnt
ZTaimat said:
Funny, you didn't mention me. And why would anyone even consider mentioning you? Youtube groups or not. Put simply, flaming aside, this mod is absolute utter dog vomit. Said and done.
Makes me wonder why I wasted five whole minutes thinking of and putting together the text for my previous post. Eh, but this provocation seems worse than the Kageryushin thing.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
ZTaimat said:
You called? :p

Seriously do you say that about all bad mods? Unless it is constructive criticism do not say it. And you all flamed Kageryushin for constructive criticism and then come out with this crap. Also am I the only one that even READS posts? The majority of the people here were posting on limited or assumed knowledge.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:29 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
This is over. I apologised to Gardebiter, and i'm changing the sprite. Now PLEASE. Give me some constructive critisicm.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mr Montmorency said:
This is over. I apologised to Gardebiter, and i'm changing the sprite. Now PLEASE. Give me some constructive critisicm.
I would like to apologise for everyone's behavior, sorry about all the crap you had to go through.

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:39 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Okay well assuming version 0.0.9.0 is the latest...

Upon heading to Sven's house I was not able to get the Polar Star because the game would keep showing me his letter and not let me enter. However, I managed to get into the city without killing the evil door anyway. After trying all three doors down the bottom and systematically getting trapped in each of the areas even with the Booster (I'm guessing these aren't done yet), I did the side-questy stuff and was able to enter the Tunnel. I did so, checked the terminal, and was promptly presented with a Missile Launcher and told I had defeated the bad guys. o.O I am thinking this is as far as the mod goes currently...?
Additionally, the health bar and the bar that shows how much health you've lost are now the same colour, so you can't see how much % health you have left, dunno if this is deliberate or not. Oh and none of the doors open. ._.

Huzzah.

Feb 12, 2008 at 1:42 AM
Yeah, Phoenix is the only one who knows how to script that bad guy, and he's smoking and drinking at the moment, so we've been skipping them. I've gone further, theres a part when you return to the city and it's in ruins.

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:56 AM
Respwnt
Damn you andwhy, just when it was getting fun

And you made me feel ashamed :D.

But by an honest perspective, you made it all sound like it was our fault, when only ZT's post could be considered insult (Jc was exaggerating, but he put the finger on the point, really).

Either way, I can't forgive him for that blog.

*Ulp*
*doesn't want another war*
*zips mouth*

MWHAHAHAHA! I can still type!

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM
Justin-chan
Some replies and then I'll stop.
You said:
Oh, and I also have this really good excuse called TIME CONSTRAINTS. It may sound awesome and all, but really, its just a hidden excuse for allowing me to do whatever I want and gain pity plus sympathy.
ME said:
I'm exaggerating,
Your Reply to Metalogz said:
my illiterate friend.

Lazy to reply to the rest. Eh, sorry, but thats how I am, internet tough guy ararararar.

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Luls
andwhyisit said:
I would like to apologise for everyone's behavior, sorry about all the crap you had to go through.

You can't apologise on MY behalf. I'm not ready to forgive him just yet.