NXengine/Cavestory on chrome/chormebook tutorial

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:55 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
(This was done on an arm Samsung Chromebook Samsung (the gray one) but is can be done on any other chrome book)(Edit:This may not work on Chromebook that have X86 if It does tell me please what model it is and i will add it to a doc with compatibility list )
First go to extension page and install the retroarch extension package via the extension page (download it here Download (make sure you have arc runtime installed) open retroarch and set it up a box will pop up asking where you want the app to read a folder click it and open it. download the nx engine core then make sure you have downloaded in the folder you selected. Make sure you map the controls in retroarch settings and hit the keyboard icon on the bottom to get rid of touch controls if there in the way. if you do not know how to install custom extensions look it up This also works to play other consles such as the snes nes sms md and more!Cavestory on chrome.png

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2016 at 1:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Uhg. If only my school chromebook would let me use extensions. Then I would have something to do during free time.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2016 at 8:20 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
sorry to hear about that try the archon runtime if you can't install chormestore apps is the extension page blocked?

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:43 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Uhg. If only my school chromebook would let me use apps from the chrome store. Then I would have something to do during free time.

Dang, I wish my school did that to our chromebooks. the minute the teacher steps out of class five or more people use the idubbbz "hey that's pretty good" extension.

I used your method of getting onto a chromebook. seemed to work. i'll play through and see how it goes. any known bugs???

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:19 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Oh sorry I thought you had to download this off the chrome web store. Hahaha. This might actually work. Thanks!

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:21 PM
Dang, I wish my school did that to our chromebooks. the minute the teacher steps out of class five or more people use the idubbbz "hey that's pretty good" extension.

I used your method of getting onto a chromebook. seemed to work. i'll play through and see how it goes. any known bugs???

There is one missles can't break breakable blocks. Also Mods for cave story don't work as they use the wrong tileset

Last edited: