Aug 21, 2016 at 4:54 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hello guys, got a random little question.

How would I go about editing NPC's?

What I mean is, let's say with the Ballos Fight, how would I make something like his first form have more health?

Aug 21, 2016 at 4:59 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
What would I use to open the npc.tbl?

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:28 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I've asked this before, but never really got an answer, so I hope no one minds if I ask again.

In my mod, The starting event is #0365, and there are 3 entities, one for the starting event, one for dialouge (event set to #0286) and another for a door transitioning to the next area (Event set to #0888.) however, with all of the entities that I can interact with, they all activate the event #0365, which is the starting event. Does anyone know why this happens, and how I can fix it? I have the file of the Script. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Clockroomscripts.PNG
    Clockroomscripts.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 3
Aug 21, 2016 at 5:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
If you mean entity ID's, then they are all not set.

If you mean the "Event numbers" section of entities, the dialouge entity is set to #285, the door is set too #888, and the starting event's entity is set to #365.

Could it be that the entities have the events without "0"s at the beggining?

Edit: adding "0"'s to the beggining of the event numbers in the entities doesn't change it.

Edit 2: All of the Entity ID's are not set, except for the starting event entity's.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016 at 5:56 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Aug 21, 2016 at 6:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Ah, you fixed it. Thanks.

(Also got another question that's entirely up to you too answer: how do i make an entity say something different after speaking too it once?)

Hello, another question.

How do I stop an NPC animation?

one of the NPC's that I have are programmed to be animated walking forward. However, I want it to stop after a certain point, and then they enter a door. My question is, how do i stop the animation once that NPC reaches the door?

also how can I make an entity say something different after speaking to it once?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 21, 2016 at 7:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Use <WAI and then use <ANP with a scriptstate that just has the NPC do nothing. (usually 0000)

If you want an NPC dialogue to change after talking to them set a flag in their dialogue using <FL+, and then at the start of their event use <FLJ to jump to a different event once said flag is set.

Detailed information regarding TSC commands listed above should be available from your script editor.
Thanks a bunch for the help!

Aug 21, 2016 at 11:15 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Hi, another question.

If I were to have an event occur in one room that sets a flag, how could i make it so that the flag set would affect something in a different map?

(I am making a character move from one room to the next, and trying to make sure you can't see them in both rooms at the same time. that would mess things up!)

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hi, another question.

If I were to have an event occur in one room that sets a flag, how could i make it so that the flag set would affect something in a different map?

(I am making a character move from one room to the next, and trying to make sure you can't see them in both rooms at the same time. that would mess things up!)
Flags are global throughout the game; as long as a flag was set in one room, it affects the entire game in every other room.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:46 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
p219096-0-full.png

i make mod in Apache use Enemy Basu2 and MonstarX FishMissle by the way FishMissle is hit player and wall not boom up how can I change that??
p219096-1-full.png

p219096-2-full.png

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2016 at 9:14 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Sorry, should've specified.

The physics in particular, or rather how it effects your x and y velocity when being used.
This got buried a bit

I believe the 0.8 physics values are around 0x415996, but I haven't fiddled with them myself. I don't think it affects horizontal movement at all, and I don't remember where the 'fuel value' (i.e. how long you can boost for) is.