Sonic Mania

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:28 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
SEGA's just announced a brand new 2D sonic game in their anniversary stream...

It's being made in collaboration with Christian Whitehead, the man behind the mobile ports of the Sonic games. Said to have brand new zones, as well as reimagined versions of old zones.

Thoughts?

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:56 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
It looks really good. We'll just have to wait until it releases to see how the game play and level design is.

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:35 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
This looks kinda cool. Honestly, I am more interested in that new Generations-looking game they teased, but it has been a while since we got an appropriate 2D Sonic game. It sort of looks like what Sonic 4 should have been, and this is coming from someone who thoroughly enjoyed Sonic 4. Also, I'm glad that Christian Whitehead is involved with this one, because he was the one who did the fantastic Sonic CD port. It looks like this one will turn out well, fortunately.

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:53 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This looks really cool. I enjoyed the re-imagined graphics and animation. It look like it's designed with simplicity like the games from the Genesis whilst utilizing some hardware features from newer consoles, like at the main menu where they have a more detailed animation than in most of the original Sonic games. I'll be keeping my eye out for this.

Jul 23, 2016 at 8:21 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I don't know much about this new game, but what I do know is that the livestream that announced it was absolutely horrid in quality, which is not surprising consider SEGA's recent tendencies to make horrid games. SiivaGunner had a good laugh about that.

Hopefully, though, they'll make this a game worth playing that isn't just a replica of the older ones.

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'm excited for both that and Sonic 2017. Too bad I don't have the consoles for them other than my laptop. :debug:

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:32 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Sonic 2017 is probably going to be the next Sonic 06

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:12 PM
beep boop
I have faith in the Sonic Team again. Bring my childhood to life again!

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:07 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Aug 10, 2016 at 3:42 AM
beep boop
Oh. That's what I get for assuming things I guess. I know that since they have the Sonic mobile guy on there it will probably be better than Sonic Boom, which is good.

Aug 10, 2016 at 5:25 AM
Yeah. They also have PagodaWest, the makers of the mobile game Major Magnet and also worked on Sonic 2 HD.

I have super high hopes for this, let's hope they don't fuck it up.

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:40 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
It looks beautiful. I have great faith that it'll be well made, I've played the mobile Sonic games and they're some of the best ports I've ever seen. Definitely a relief to see Christian Whitehead's name on the project :debug:

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:22 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I haven't played many Sonic games in my life but i'm sure this one will go well. I'll be surprised if they manage to mess this up somehow