Show off your org music...

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:59 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Not really org music, but I just did an FL Studio cover of an org song I did a while back.
Clicky!

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:42 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Mar 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Apr 2, 2016 at 5:07 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well I haven't posted any of my work in while, so here's a bunch of ORGs.

From anime:
Sense of Wonder - Opening 2 to the anime Fairy Tail
Crossing Field - Opening 1 to the anime Sword Art Online

From Portal and Portal 2:
Still Alive - Ending theme from Portal
Want You Gone - Ending theme from Portal 2
Turret Wife Serenade - A small track sung by a group of turrets in one of the hidden locations in Portal 2.
O Cara Mia Addio - The Turret's Opera sung at the end of the game.

A random transcription of Crazy Train.

Original Music:
Count's Castle
King's Desperation

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
In Still Alive I would make tracks 3 and 4 quieter but other than that it's gucci

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:07 AM
Beakface
Since I'm not super familiar with these transcriptions, I will take a listen to the original music first.

Count's Castle - I like the fluidity of this piece, but I feel like the lead isn't clear enough to convey the feel you seem to be going for. A wave like 73 for tracks 1 and 2 seems more fitting. Also in bar 17, track 2 plays a B after the trill, which doesn't match up with the chords playing a C (or in the context of the key you're in, B#). I think bumping those first two notes of track 2 in that space (C and B to C# and C) would sound better, though it is more a minor quip if anything.

I like King's Desperation, particularly track 4. I feel like the piece loses its fluidity with the beat of silence after each phrase - perhaps holding those chords and continuing the running notes in track 4 (instances like bar 17) would help to resolve that. Also, I think the square waves as the lead work great here as well as the snare percussion, which has a medieval battle feel to it.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:44 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
So, I finished this transcription of the Central Highway theme from Mega Man X, and I think it sounds pretty good. I think I could use some help on balancing and a good wave for Track 2. I feel a bit attached to the wave I chose for track 1, but I'm willing to change that if needed. Enjoy!

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:34 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
So, I finished this transcription of the Central Highway theme from Mega Man X, and I think it sounds pretty good. I think I could use some help on balancing and a good wave for Track 2. I feel a bit attached to the wave I chose for track 1, but I'm willing to change that if needed. Enjoy!
This is pretty good, save for some off-sounding notes in Track 2 around measure 17 onwards. I too think that you should change Track 2's wave. 34 isn't really a guitar sound, so I would have picked maybe something in the 70's range (I always thought 70 and 74 sounded decently enough like MMX guitars). I really liked your instrumentation for the guitars on Tracks 3 and 4, it sounds really metal. 72 is a pretty good bass so I wouldn't necessarily want to change it, but if you wanted to try out a new bass badly you could try something like 26, 91, or 92. Also, I think that some volume balancing would be nice. To be specific, the lead instrument sounds pretty quiet compared to the rest of the instruments (you could probably do with lowering the bass a little bit, as well as the chords and maaaaybe the guitars just a tad).

Track 2 is the only real problem I have with this transcription. The beginning sounds mostly accurate, but from measure 17 onwards the some of the notes are just in the wrong place. Also, some of the pitch slides in the original song could be more accurately implemented if you used the x2 resolution feature in OrgMaker. I actually transcribed this song some time ago, so hopefully this can provide a decent reference as to what I mean.

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:45 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Okay, so from what I've gathered, I need to:
  • fix a couple notes on the lead and make it a bit louder
  • change track 2's wave to something in the high 70's
  • lower the volume of the other tracks
I don't think I'll be lowering the bass, I could barely hear it from my speakers. But I'll see what I can do when I'm off mobile. What do you think I need to do to increase the Drums? Just continue to lower everything else in volume? Also, what's a good wave for Track 5? I was thinking something similar to synth strings, or is what I have now good? Also, I meant to emulate some of the pitch slides on ×2 resolution, but I just forgot.

Anyway, thank you for the compliments, I'll try to check out your version of it Central Highway soon.

EDIT: I checked out your version of Central Highway, and I took inspiration from your lead track. That is to say, my transcription's lead is wave 56, whereas yours is only 20 away at 36. The bass I changed to 26 because I couldn't hear it otherwise. I also did some minor balance and volume control as well.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2016 at 4:12 AM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i made the Mario Maker SMB3 Ghost House theme. I made it so it syncs up with the music perfectly, hopefully there aren't any errors. You can get the org here

Apr 23, 2016 at 4:37 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
i made the Mario Maker SMB3 Ghost House theme. I made it so it syncs up with the music perfectly, hopefully there aren't any errors. You can get the org here
Yo I really like that theme, and this is a pretty solid rendition. The instrument choice for the first track is a great choice for the triangle in the original. Unfortunately the second half seems to be off.
I did my own little fix up of it. The original song has these nice, spooky sounding fade-ins with two of the instruments that I incorporated. And there are some pitch slides in the beginning that I tried to add but orgmaker sucks lol??

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:12 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I've got a few things to share.

Fairyvania - a mashup of Megalovania and the main theme of the anime Fairy Tail.
Burning in Hell - a remix sort of based off of "Waters of Megalovania", a remix on YouTube.

Some Undertale transcriptions:
Unydne
Run!
Metal Crusher

Clowning Around - what has basically become the CinemaSins theme song. If you haven't seen a CinemaSins YouTube video and you're a big fan of movies, you're missing out. Transcribed by ear.

May 1, 2016 at 11:20 AM
Beakface
I've got a few things to share.

Fairyvania - a mashup of Megalovania and the main theme of the anime Fairy Tail.
Burning in Hell - a remix sort of based off of "Waters of Megalovania", a remix on YouTube.

Some Undertale transcriptions:
Unydne
Run!
Metal Crusher

Clowning Around - what has basically become the CinemaSins theme song. If you haven't seen a CinemaSins YouTube video and you're a big fan of movies, you're missing out. Transcribed by ear.

I'm not familiar with Fairy Tail at all, but "Fairyvania" seems to have very accurate, Megalovania percussion. The only jarring thing about it is that there's one section of Megalovania - tracks 3 and 4 at bar 28 (plus the other section with this part) - the harmony is sounding off for some reason. Maybe it's the octaves; I haven't checked the actual notes myself. I don't know if this is a reference to some other part from Fairy Tail, but if it is, it's probably better just to keep it all Megalovania there.

As for your Undertale transcriptions...they sound good; the inaccuracies are very minor.

The starting notes in Undyne are pretty close; just up the fourth note in tracks 1 and 2 by two steps to the G in bar 000, and up by one step in bar 002 for those two tracks at the fourth note, and soforth. I find the Snare too aggressive in this; it overpowers the music too much. For multiple Snares played very fast in a row, consider playing around with the volume enveloping so that they're not just a huge thing of pounding noise that so happens to occur every two bars.

For Run!, I think it sounds much better without track 5. I also feel as though the HiOpens could be at a much higher octave, or at least at a softer volume. Right now, because they're low, they tend to leave behind a lot of noise and less of the "cymbal" sound heard in the actual song.

Metal Crusher...I actually love how flowing the lead is and kind of dreamlike. Yeah I'm hearing off notes here and there, but the sound is kind of pleasant, so I'll give you that. I did a Metal Crusher ORG transcription a while back, and it may help in adjusting the notes.

Good stuff.

May 1, 2016 at 7:43 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
soooo I made this:
Post-Mortem

It's for an intro/preface type thing, and yeah I actually composed it with that thought in mind wow
Pretty proud of it. Not quite done, and I think I have a better version but not sure and also too lazy to update the file soooo

May 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM
Veteran Member
ORG_UT_BATTLE.zip (Use ORGMaker 2.1.0)
Use 7-Zip or any unzipper with a decrypter in order to get this ORG. (ZipCrypto)

An epic song from Undertale.
The password is the actual name of the boss you're fighting in "Genocide". Three words, no spaces, all lower-case to unlock this ZIP.
undynetheundying
I only played the Pacifist run, so I couldn't bring myself to do Genocide. I may be spoiled for Genocide, though.

Last edited:
May 10, 2016 at 6:51 PM
Beakface
soooo I made this:
Post-Mortem

It's for an intro/preface type thing, and yeah I actually composed it with that thought in mind wow
Pretty proud of it. Not quite done, and I think I have a better version but not sure and also too lazy to update the file soooo
Sounds alright. Everything flows fine. It felt like it needed more momentum though. I feel as though percussion could have really been utilised to make the piece more interesting, given its length.

ORG_UT_BATTLE.zip (Use ORGMaker 2.1.0)
Use 7-Zip or any unzipper with a decrypter in order to get this ORG. (ZipCrypto)

An epic song from Undertale.
The password is the actual name of the boss you're fighting in "Genocide". Three words, no spaces, all lower-case to unlock this ZIP.
undynetheundying
I only played the Pacifist run, so I couldn't bring myself to do Genocide. I may be spoiled for Genocide, though.

I love how you arranged the triple metre section. I'm not really a fan of the detached notes in the first section, but I guess they're okay. (I get why they're there.) I don't know why this has to be password protected and in a ZIP though.

May 10, 2016 at 6:58 PM
Veteran Member
I love how you arranged the triple metre section. I'm not really a fan of the detached notes in the first section, but I guess they're okay. (I get why they're there.) I don't know why this has to be password protected and in a ZIP though.

Yep. And the "in-a-zip" and password-protection is spoiler purposes for those who didn't play Undertale. (That's what the spoiler buttons are for!) Additional steps to get my ORG.

Last edited:
May 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM
Beakface
Yep. And the "in-a-zip" and password-protection is spoiler purposes for those who didn't play Undertale. (That's what the spoiler buttons are for!)
You know, I never really get why people bother to spoiler protect genocide run music. It's not like I wasn't able listen to "Battle Against a True Hero" before doing a genocide run. All the song names are present in the soundtrack.

May 10, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Veteran Member
You know, I never really get why people bother to spoiler protect genocide run music. It's not like I wasn't able listen to "Battle Against a True Hero" before doing a genocide run. All the song names are present in the soundtrack.

That is true.

The first time I heard that particular song was from a certain YouTube video with content NOT Undertale related but using that song as its background.