Show us your desktop

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:28 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Beautiful.
Yes, i still use Windows XP. My laptop won't handle Win 8 / 10.
[EDIT]
If you wonder what ''Dokumenty'' or ''Kosz'' mean, i'll tell you:
Dokumenty - Documents
Kosz - Bin
Get a new laptop. Almost nothing has support for XP anymore and you could easily find a very cheap one for....well for lots of things.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:55 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Feb 8, 2016 at 8:40 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Beautiful.
[EDIT]
If you wonder what ''Dokumenty'' or ''Kosz'' mean, i'll tell you:
Dokumenty - Documents
Kosz - Bin

small thing, but normally the start button wouldn't have an uppercase S

p212405-0-readytouse.png

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:48 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Beautiful.

If you don't want to replace your laptop (even though it sounds like you probably should), you could try installing Linux Mint 17. I've done that to two machines (a laptop and a desktop, both designed for Windows XP) and they both worked pretty well. Linux even has an application that lets you run (some) Windows programs!

If you aren't interested in the Linux idea, then you should upgrade your laptop to something newer. And don't get a MacBook, those things are way too overpriced.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:14 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Im never going to buy a MacBook, iPhone etc. because they are overpriced (like you said) and i don't even have enough $$$ to buy it.
I might actually collect enough cash to buy a newer laptop because this one is like 20-30 years old, but i guess it will take a lot of time.
And im thinking about switching Windows XP for Windows 7 / Vista. Linux Mint looks like a good idea too. Gotta check some photos / videos about it.

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I saw somewhere on my laptop that the date of production was about 1980 / 1990, i dont know how old is it. Also the computer's name is Fujitsu Computers Siemens Amilo PRO. Don't know if it does help or not.
[EDIT]
I found a photo on the web which looks nearly the same as mine.

Attachments

• Computer.jpg
    Computer.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Feb 12, 2016 at 1:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
and don't get Windows 8 or 8.1.

Windows 8 is terrible, but windows 8.1 is perfectly usable on a laptop as long as you know the difference between metro and desktop apps, i literally use it everyday with little to no problems.

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:11 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Okay, so i tested every system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7. And obviously Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 lag so hard that i had to wait about 1 minute before the menu showed up. Windows 7, suprisingly...
...didn't work too. At least it doesn't lag so hard as Win 8.1 / 8, but still i had to wait about 10 seconds before the menu showed up. Also some programs, such as Cave Story (and various mods) seem to lag a bit. Looks like i can either stay on Windows XP or get a new laptop. Jeez.

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:43 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Im never going to buy a MacBook, iPhone etc. because they are overpriced (like you said) and i don't even have enough $$$ to buy it.
I might actually collect enough cash to buy a newer laptop because this one is like 20-30 years old, but i guess it will take a lot of time.
And im thinking about switching Windows XP for Windows 7 / Vista. Linux Mint looks like a good idea too. Gotta check some photos / videos about it.

This combo on Newegg is fairly cheap if you want a desktop instead (The RAM is out of stock though.). I'll take a look around at refurbished laptops.

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:13 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
p212533-0-zvabomu.jpg
Here's mine. I see a lot of you have customized your desktops to look cool. How do you do that?

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2016 at 1:47 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
p212584-0-ioyi2si.jpg

sup

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
My desktop has clearly changed over the years;
p212645-0-rzcraki.png

Biggest changes are the windows 10 stuff and the (totally unoriginal) background.
With the latest talk about Rainmeter I decided to set that up too and that explains the messy Honeycomb setup. Even though I had to make most of the icons which I for some reason like to do.
I guess there are also some more random folders/files and random icons.