King is Arthur?

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:24 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I know that this must have been discussed before, but does anyone think that King might be Arthur? His eyes are red, so he might have eaten the red flower at some point in time. He definitely seems quite protective of the people in the village.

But hey, it's just a theory, a GAME THE- *shot*

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:35 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
I think Arthur would have the keys to his own home

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:38 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Though there are some clues that will make people believe that King is actually Arthur, the clues somewhat support more on King being possibly related to Arthur and Toroko.

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:39 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
If he ate the flower, he would be rabid like the mimigas on the balcony. He would be attacking people, and everyone else would be able to recognize King as Arthur, even if he was rabid.

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:45 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
If he ate the flower, he would be rabid like the mimigas on the balcony. He would be attacking people, and everyone else would be able to recognize King as Arthur, even if he was rabid.
According to Pixel the reason King didn't go rabid is because he boiled the flowers. Plus going rabid (short of killing the Core, Ballos, or the rabid entity) is something of a one way trip.

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:48 AM
Its dark in here
According to Pixel the reason King didn't go rabid is because he boiled the flowers. Plus going rabid (short of killing the Core, Ballos, or the rabid entity) is something of a one way trip.
Pixel actually comfirmed this?

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:24 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 9, 2015 at 6:26 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Sep 9, 2015 at 8:29 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 9, 2015 at 12:14 PM
Based Member
I'm going to dismiss the idea that King is Arthur. Like Camero said, it seems highly unlikely that he could have undergone any sort of transformation that would have made him unrecognizable. Also, it's implied that Arthur's death at the hands of the Doctor or one of his servants was not too long before the events of Cave Story. In order for this theory to be true, Arthur would have needed to undergo this transformation around the time that he was assumed to have been killed, and then take the form of this new guy called King that nobody knew. At the beginning of Cave Story, we see King as the leader of the village. I find it hard to imagine that the village would let some total stranger become their leader.

Sep 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
How about the fact that King isn't buried 6 feet under Arthur's gravestone in the graveyard?

He likely has his own gravestone now, after the events of the game.

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:42 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Okay so
Arthur pulled the sword from the stone
and became king
so maybe then
if King put the sword back in the stone
he could become Arthur???
And if that really is what happened, then

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

WHO WAS STONE?????

I guess some form of memory loss due to experimenting with the red flowers could explain something like the keys, but yeah everyone would still have to have retroactively gained a lifetime of memories of King in order to fit the scenario properly.

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:11 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
but what if curly is the doctor

do we ever see them together in the same room

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:22 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
At the beginning of Cave Story, we see King as the leader of the village. I find it hard to imagine that the village would let some total stranger become their leader.

And yet all the men in the village are willing to find a random girl cute, everyone trusts you with their methods of self defense, and take a strange bald guy, a human, and an outsider at their word when told they're all weapons of death, despite hundreds of dead mimiga at the hands of the Doctor that would seem to point otherwise? I think they're freakishly trusting, especially of someone with a weapon. King looked like he could defend them (which he almost could, since he one-hit koed balrog, before his anger got the better of him) given his flatter, longer head than the rest of the mimiga, it's possible that even cooked, flowers will change a mimiga ( and his reptile slit eyes) to the point of unrecognizability. King came in, unrecognizability with a weird face and cloak, had a plan, a weapon, and cared a lot for the village. Seems like impromptu leader material to me. the keys were probably confiscated from his "dead" (probably unconscious) body, since the key was by Arthur's grave. and since the other key was with Toroko, how could he know where they put them?

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Its dark in here
And yet all the men in the village are willing to find a random girl cute
that was only kampachi.
and an outsider at their word when told they're all weapons of death, despite hundreds of dead mimiga at the hands of the Doctor that would seem to point otherwise?
where are you getting these statistics? we are never told how many the doctor killed orKIDNAPPED and of how many were in mimiga village before he invaded. sue also explained that they are weapons of death when they eat the red flower.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
But Arthur got killed by The Doctor / one of his servants, right? If that's true, then King would be something like a second incarnation of Arthur...
Right?

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:55 AM
"Forever coffee..."
King came in, unrecognizability with a weird face and cloak, had a plan, a weapon, and cared a lot for the village. Seems like impromptu leader material to me.
If Donald Trump can do it, anyone can.
EDIT: (a plan, a weapon, and previously a nobody is the joke)