CS GBA Rom? Anyone Skilled Enough?

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:56 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Well I don't remember exactly, it was a year ago, I'm probably wrong I'll admit about it being c, but meh,

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:11 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Hmm...
I really don't know if it's actually possible at all..
Ah well, maybe someday.

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I could think of a few ways but what's the point?

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
GBC CS would probably need to be written in raw Z80 assembly, not C, if you would actually want it to work. No offense.

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:41 AM
Non taken, I've moved on to unity currently.

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM
I wonder if a ROM Hacker could complete that old GBA Rom. They even have an organya player for the GBA.

(My apologies for the double-post earlier. I am very new and I should've read the rules more clearly. I'm sorry. I will move the reply to this one.)

(This was a response to the person talking about programming the game in C++ though it is hard to quote in edit mode)

w-wait what? That's possible? Oh thank god. trying to program in assembly makes me cry. I remember reading something like that but it was C instead of C++. But my ADHD got in the way of me ever trying it out.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2015 at 8:12 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I wonder if a ROM Hacker could complete that old GBA Rom. They even have an organya player for the GBA.
w-wait what? That's possible? Oh thank god. trying to program in assembly makes me cry. I remember reading something like that but it was C instead of C++. But my ADHD got in the way of me ever trying it out.
We probably won't ever see Cave Story for GBA. It would take a lot of time and effort, and would almost certainly require programming in assembly, because the GBA isn't very powerful.

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:26 PM
and would almost certainly require programming in assembly, because the GBA isn't very powerful.

http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-ebook/dp/B008OAFOIQ

This is the book I read about C/C++ programming for the GBA (I guess it's been updated. Last time I checked only C programming was possible). If you don't have 3 internet bucks on ya the compiler is named HAM. And there is a Visual Basic type program called Visual HAM for less experienced programmers. It actually seems powerful enough to create a couple games. But I'm not sure about Cave Story powerful.

I read the full book and found it interesting but I never really did anything with the knowledge.

Besides whatever comes out of it could not be worse then the TI-89 Calculator port amirite? HAHAHAHahahaha... ha... ha... I'm sorry that was a bad joke.

Edit Because I don't wanna spam the thread : Well, if we can't make it. At least we have a schweet portable Organya player

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015 at 2:02 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
We probably won't ever see Cave Story for GBA. It would take a lot of time and effort, and would almost certainly require programming in assembly, because the GBA isn't very powerful.
not to mention no one wants to play screen crunch story

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:10 PM
not to mention no one wants to play screen crunch story

Yeah. The 3DS screen is more then enough for Cave Story.

I mean I can see why someone would like to experiment and stuff though. I mean it's impressive someone was even able to recreate the maps and make an organya player on that little thing.

Jun 16, 2016 at 6:54 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Well you can play aswell cave story on your android phone by using emulators that still run the full game such a ppsspp or nxengine emulator, they still can download cave story and allow you to play it :D

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Yeah. The 3DS screen is more then enough for Cave Story.

That DSi port though...
-shudders-
Thank god for the 3DS eShop version.

On this topic, I think it's possible to port it to the GBA, but you would need the original source code (or at least NXEngine's source code) and huge amounts of assembly to make it happen.

Last edited: