Mimiga Animation

Should the story be divided into 2 parts? Episode one ending with a cliffhanger...

• Yes

• No

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 26, 2015 at 8:52 PM
"Forever coffee..."
This is really deep and developed, quite a contrast to the simple characters and themes of cave story's- ...story. I'm a little weary at the mention of political themes, the most the was mentioned in the game was the presence of surface leaders, and that's about it.

I didn't really think we had a goal in general about plot. I tend to use a lot of underlying tones in this, and it is deep. If we're going for innocence, that's fine, I can do that too, but deep thought comes naturally when I write stories. Plus, Cave Story itself is pretty deep if you look hard enough. The deaths of King and Toroko symbolize the somber reality that you can't save everyone and the innocents get hurt too, the Doctor is the evil of mankind and its manipulative ways, and the concept of rabils symbolizes people have many different sides and the cruelty humanity can create. I haven't even gotten to the part in hell where it literally states "humans can be truly terrible creatures indeed..." (or something like that). I love politics but I know not everyone does, so if you all don't want that, that's fine.

So which human is evil?
There's only one human, and that's Victor/Marcus (I think the better name is Victor, so we'll call him that. They're the same person, if that's your confusion). My goal was to create a shift in thinking - typically it's the mimiga that are innocent and the humans that are supposed to be the evil creatures sent from hell. I wanted to sort of flip it to create a different viewpoint. I don't care if we do add evil humans, and it'll probably show up later with the U.N. anyway.

EDIT:
I do see your point, zxin. I don't want to overload you with epic fighting scenes, and it is just a fan series after all. I just like deep and provoking though, but if this is supposed to be a light thing, I can work with that.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2015 at 11:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Im sorry i havent been on the firums much. Ive been sick as if the last week. Im still working on script three

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:57 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I hope you're feeling better now @Aeternum! ^.^

Anyways, I thought for a bit, and I'm wondering if I could be *somehow* useful in the project. I'm pretty articulate with my voice and can express a good variety of accents/voices...buuut you probably already have too many voice actors >_<'

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:17 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Actually i believe i have sone slots open. Let me check when i get home. To be honest i cant afford being sick so i hope meds start taking affect.

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:37 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Would you like me to upload some recorded samples or something?

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:08 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Actually i believe i have sone slots open. Let me check when i get home. To be honest i cant afford being sick so i hope meds start taking affect.

Drink lemon juice or those vitamin C powder in water twice a day. Moderate exercise and lots of water help a lot too. Trust me, just drink lots of vitamin C. It's proven to make your disease go away quicker. I recommend just sticking to the lemon juice, don't want you overloading on powder or something.

Would you like me to upload some recorded samples or something?

Actually, could you try a German accent? Victor/Marcus (Still waiting for you all to decide which sounds better) has a German colleague, and they have conversation about mimiga that helps further the plot. I'll upload what I've got soon, don't worry.

Oct 30, 2015 at 2:01 AM
Actually, could you try a German accent? Victor/Marcus (Still waiting for you all to decide which sounds better) has a German colleague, and they have conversation about mimiga that helps further the plot. I'll upload what I've got soon, don't worry.
I could try too. Is there some text I can try this with?

Oct 30, 2015 at 7:03 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I still have yet to finish episode three guys..

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:14 PM
"Forever coffee..."
I still have yet to finish episode three guys..
Yeah... We've jumped ahead of ourselves here :p

I could try too. Is there some text I can try this with?
Sorry I couldn't post earlier, I've been busy.
Anyway, here's a few lines you can use.
"It is very interesting how the mimiga resemble humans."
"They appear to act just like us, do they not?"

Also, I've always kind of had an interest in animation, but I've never had any real goal/task/incentive/thing to animate until now. Anyone have any tips/ideas?
You're not obligated to help, so if you don't care, then don't. I have Google, I'll figure it out.

@Aeternum
By the way, that webcomic idea could work. It'd probably end up being me testing my "skills", but then I could practice how to draw... I can do some lines, too.
If it helps, I've been taking you all's (the grammar police will find me) advice and been drawing a few Benders from Futurama. If you want to see the best of them, just ask.
Hopefully I haven't lost them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 5, 2015 at 3:42 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
sure! random guy email me and I'll see where we can get started.

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM
Nov 24, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Not to be pushy or anything, but how is the 'production' actually going? I don't really hear much anymore, and being involved myself, I'd like to hear more.
The related site is also getting a little deserted-looking, the last update has been months ago and all the profile icons in the team page are also really outdated.
It's nice if a little more life is shown in the project, even if it is just a little, like what is left to do.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:35 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Not to be pushy or anything, but how is the 'production' actually going? I don't really hear much anymore, and being involved myself, I'd like to hear more.
The related site is also getting a little deserted-looking, the last update has been months ago and all the profile icons in the team page are also really outdated.
It's nice if a little more life is shown in the project, even if it is just a little, like what is left to do.
I agree, but it's the simple issue of time and coordination. This is a pretty rag-tag project, and we don't have much time to work on it. Perhaps we could revive my old calendar idea.
You misunderstand. I meant like a calendar where everyone can say how much time they CAN work. For instance, if for some holy reason my entire Sunday is free, I write on the calendar that I have Sunday off.

If you're curious, I've some ideas for plot I can share.

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:53 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
my only problem is actually finding artists for the project. If we had a good large team assembled then it would be better. Being sick the last month and a half hasn't helped either.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:43 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
honestly at this point I wouldn't mind rewriting the script for a webcomic of some sort. Finding animators is proving impossible. I've been searching since basically August.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM
honestly at this point I wouldn't mind rewriting the script for a webcomic of some sort. Finding animators is proving impossible. I've been searching since basically August.

That... actually seems like a pretty good idea.

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:18 AM
"Forever coffee..."
If it does happen, we need to have overly snarky characters.

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:30 AM
So no more voice actors in that case? Or would subbing said potential webcomics be a possible idea...?

Oh and would someone critique the few short faux German voice acting I did? I'm dieing from embarrassment about that from the silence >.<'

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Subbing could be possible