Mimiga Animation

Should the story be divided into 2 parts? Episode one ending with a cliffhanger...

• Yes

• No

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 27, 2015 at 9:52 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Lol. Charlie and I are going to start scripting episode three which will focus on King.

More lines for me? Dangit! I hate it when I actually have to be productive and do things.

That last statement was mostly sarcastic.

Sep 28, 2015 at 3:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Right?! We still need animators!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2015 at 2:30 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Preview of episode three. I'll post it here because its easier than making a new thread:

K: Alright, you know what I said.

S: I really don’t see why this is necessary. I’ve never really had a hard time keeping cool before.

K: Heh, you’ll understand why it must be done soon.

S: Really? I’ve always thought I was pretty chill. Just ask Carl.

K: Remember when you got angry when I caught you eating extra flowers from the supply?

S: That was Carl! (S looks indignant) I’m not taking the blame for him again.

K: Doesn’t mean you need to rip his head off.

S: I didn’t. I merely gave him a piece of my mind.

K: He was a mess after that, you obviously need this training.

S: So what he figured out that he was in the wrong?

K: You made him cry. This is Carl we are talking about, you’ve never done that before..to anyone.

S: I guess it was time I spoke up.

K: You’re acting differently, I can tell even now just listening to you.

S: Some little flower isn’t going to completely change my life. I didn’t sleep well last night, alright?

K: Why was that? Maybe the FLOWER had something to do with it?

S: ( S looks down at the ground) No, it not that. Just other things.

K: Hmph, I’m sure. Either way, you still require the training if you’re to control yourself in a crisis.

S: So what if someone’s feelings got a little hurt? It’s life. I’m perfectly in control. I’m making all my decisions myself.

K: Take a look at yourself. I want you to think a little about the last few days. You didn’t stop with Carl. You’ve managed to push Toroko away too. She’s hard to offend you know that. What do you think those two are going to talk about on their trip?

S: Their trip?

K: You would’ve known that, if you were thinking about others and not yourself.

S: Why shouldn’t I? I’ve died, seen my parents and come back. I’ve almost lost my life and-

K: All of us have. But think about it. Carl, Toroko, they’re your two closest friends. One’s my sister.

S: What I need to think about is more important than their feelings.

K: That’s not how you grew up! That’s not how any of us grew up! You’ve never thought like that Storm! Others have always come first. Always. That’s what we do, we look out for each other.

S: Maybe it’s time that should change. Maybe we could actually make some progress.

K: What are you talking about, we are making progress, together! Like we always have, Like we should!

S: Everyone together this, everyone together that. It’s always about being together. Can’t you see? This is the very thing holding us behind. Carrying the slow ones along with us.

K: What was going through your mind when you held onto your sister from Misery’s staff?

S:I-

K: You need to remember those feelings, you can’t let go of who you are, who we fight for. If you let go of that, there’s nothing to stop the flower from consuming you.

S: Why should you care though? I’m just holding you guys back. I’m pushing people away, there’s no reason to deal with me.

K: It’s what we do to help each other. I wouldn’t have made it to my strengths without the help of others. We bring out our best when we aid each other.

S: I still don’t see why. It’s really just a big waste of time.

K: Tell that to your sister.

S: What does my sister have to do with this?

K: I’m not the only one who thinks you should be here.

S: My sister wants me to go through this “Management” training?

K: It wasn’t her idea,but she’s pushing it. She’s seen you. You aren’t yourself. You aren’t exactly nice with your mutterings. The flower may not control you right now, but she’s heard awful things come from you in your sleep.

S: I don’t-

K: Most people don’t threaten to kill their sister in their sleep.

S: I didn’t do that?

K: Did you? Your sister seems to think so

S: She must be joking.

( K looks at S)

K: Both of us know that’s not true.She shouldn’t have to live in fear of you. Neither should anyone else.

S: Do you?

K: No, I understand you.

S: What? You know how this feels?

K: Dude, I went through this ages ago and trust me, I wish I had help like this along the way.

S: I guess it couldn’t hurt anything then..

K:So we’ll do it then?

S: If I absolutely have too.

K: You’re doing it.
*edits have been made to the script to fix grammar and phrasing

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2015 at 7:40 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Preview of episode three. I'll post it here because its easier than making a new thread
And you couldn't sent it to the per-readers through Drive like usual because?

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:14 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
It's a preview for those who are interested in the project but aren't scripting/voicing, I only have access to episode 1's script and I'm the friggin animator. =P
I'm the voice actor for King and I only have access to episode 1's script. Episode 2 must be stuck in development. Or dead. I/We don't really know.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:47 AM
If only I had access to the script for episode 2

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:42 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
and...shared(weird..my..space..bar..wont..work)I.hope.you.all.approve.of.the.scripts.i.am.going.to.get..this.keyboard.fixed.immediately.everyone.should.be.up.to.date.as.far.a.file.sharing.concerns.

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:56 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Well, hi.
Ever since I saw the attached picture, I've been interested in the prospect of a Cave Story anime.
I'm no good at art or animating, I can't do voice, and I'm just getting my feet wet in terms of music editing (as in trying to figure out how) but maybe I can help with plot and script writing. Specifically, I could be a/the script editor. I'm also fairly capable of generating ideas, in the creative manner, that is.
If you guys honestly don't need my services, I won't be offended.
If you do, we can talk.
Thanks.

Attachments

• cave_shot___king_and_toroko_by_whatifgirl.jpg
    cave_shot___king_and_toroko_by_whatifgirl.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 3
Oct 12, 2015 at 9:27 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Certainly! Email me at aeternum12@gmail.com and we'll get started! I always like peoples' opinions!

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:35 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Okay everyone I had a brilliant idea.
Okay, I lied. It isn't brilliant, but it's something.
Someone mentioned earlier that the series title is "Mimiga". I know how to deal with some Latin, and the plural for that would be "Mimigae" pronounced Mimig- eye.
Both Latin and Japanese have elongated vowels as well, and I'm a wee bit of a Latin nerd, so we could incorporate some Latin into this.
There's got to be some way to exploit this whole shebang!
Either way, I prefer PMs as to email, so for future reference please PM me.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The plural for Mimiga would most likely be Mimiga.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:17 AM
"Forever coffee..."
The plural for Mimiga would most likely be Mimiga.
Well, yeah, but it was just a proposal. I mean, it could be pretty cool to have Latin in there somewhere.
I know nothing about Japanese :p
All I know is adding -san to important people, the vowels in hiragana and katakana, and the word for love.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:27 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Well, erm, I kinda don't know it yet but I'm trying.
I know what the scripts are for, but like I mentioned above, not much. I was thinking of picking up the Japanese for dummies book, anyone know anywhere or anything good for learning it?

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:38 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Thanks for your help. I could probably find someone. Are there any specific books you recommend? And why did you say a kanji keyboard? I would think katakana would be best, is there a kanji for everything?

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:43 AM
"Forever coffee..."
Oh. I thought you meant a kanji only keyboard. Thanks for your help.