Fanart Ideas for Cave Story?

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:11 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I want to make some fanart dedicated to my love for Cave Story, but can't seem to decide on which parts to do it of.
So I'm asking you nice people to please tell me a notable scene from the game that I could do fanart of, or even make a short comic strip about. All ideas welcome. Making this thread instead of posting in this one because it's me asking for your advice rather than showing off fanart I've done (because, well, I haven't even done any...)

- The Defeat of Ballos (In progress)
- A Starry Night (Pending)
- Mimiga Village (Pending)
- "Special Lecture" (Pending)
- "Jack Puns" (Pending)
- King vs the Doctor (Pending)
- Quote "Panty Stealer" + Reaction (Pending)
- Hermit (Pending)

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
How about the defeat of ballos?

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:18 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
And of course, every budding fanartist should definitely try the classic scene of Quote standing on the Outer Wall with his back to the camera, looking out at the stars...
I mean, it is a beautiful scene, don't you agree?

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:02 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
And of course, every budding fanartist should definitely try the classic scene of Quote standing on the Outer Wall with his back to the camera, looking out at the stars...
I mean, it is a beautiful scene, don't you agree?

Oh my, I think I like that idea even more xD I'll work on it once I've done my Ballos scene.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:42 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
A bustling but peaceful pre-Doctor Mimiga Village.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
A bustling but peaceful pre-Doctor Mimiga Village.

Adding to my list of "to-do's" xD Also, I will be updating my first post with the list of requests and then change them when they are complete.

Edit: Been working on this on and off over the weeks. I'm pretty much stuck at this part and not quite sure how to give it the "feel" of the sacred chamber. If anyone with spare time could go over this and help me out that would be great?

p206193-0-thedefeatofballosbyshadowmajor428d99nk6u.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2015 at 8:58 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The Doctor giving quote his "special lecture".

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:43 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
You should try doing a drawing of at least one of these three Jack-related puns:
Jack, Toroko and King as J, Q and K cards
Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)
Candlejack

Oh, and Jack Black is already taken, so don't bother with that one XD

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Spoiler Alert! (Probably doesn't matter at this point, though.)

I know that the scene where King charges at the Doctor after Toroko is given the flowers is already in the credits, but I feel like it could be enhanced.

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:59 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Could you draw Quote stealing Curly's panties, and his reaction to them?

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:47 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'd ask to freely draw something about the Hermit, before any of this has happened. He is truly underrated and mysterious, so I just want to throw this vague idea out.
p209916-0-lls64bq.png

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:39 PM
"Forever coffee..."
Pointless double post
It's amazing.

Adding to my list of "to-do's" xD Also, I will be updating my first post with the list of requests and then change them when they are complete.

Edit: Been working on this on and off over the weeks. I'm pretty much stuck at this part and not quite sure how to give it the "feel" of the sacred chamber. If anyone with spare time could go over this and help me out that would be great?

p206193-0-thedefeatofballosbyshadowmajor428d99nk6u.jpg
That looks friggin' awesome!
My opinion is the room should be made to sort of fade out instead of being rectangular - point being, I think there shouldn't be any visible walls.
The light source should be Ballos himself, and Quote's face would be covered in shadow because of this.
Quote could hold the blade and could have King's spirit appear somehow as the only other light source. Like a ghostly illumination of the floor or something. But that might ruin the one light source idea...
If you do incorporate King, maybe just have him watch Ballos explode. Heck, maybe have Toroko with him somehow. Like him draping his arm over Toroko or something, in that kind of... mentor way? You probably know what I'm talking about.
There should also be lots of browns, reds, oranges, and yellows. Beige should be used sparingly.
That's just what I think, though. The phrase "you do you" works nicely here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 22, 2015 at 4:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I swear I haven't forgotten about this thread, but as I (or may have not) said, these will just be pieces I'll work on in my spare time, as a hobby. That doesn't mean you won't see anything from me. Hopefully I'll get some done soon though.