Vote for Quote in SSB

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM
/end
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I must be one of the few on this forum that thinks quote in SSB is a bad idea. I mean yeah as a fan of Cave Story it would be cool and all, but Quote doesn't really bring anything new or unique to the SSB table.

Aug 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I must be one of the few on this forum that thinks quote in SSB is a bad idea. I mean yeah as a fan of Cave Story it would be cool and all, but Quote doesn't really bring anything new or unique to the SSB table.
Don't forget that this would cause more people to go to the forums here, which could have a chance of affecting the community in a negative way.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:52 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
But the Smash community is full of so many wonderful upstanding individuals

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:24 PM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
honestly at this point fuck everyone who says that more members is a bad thing; we're all cynical jackasses anyway so it doesn't matter if the new members aren't perfect (like they never were)

Sep 2, 2015 at 7:32 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
honestly at this point fuck everyone who says that more members is a bad thing; we're all cynical jackasses anyway so it doesn't matter if the new members aren't perfect (like they never were)
Most everyone who thinks like that just want the forums to be like they were in their "golden days", which is always when that particular member joined, and never really strongly related to the posting at the time. Everyone seems to have a period of time where the forums are fresh, new and novel to them, but eventually that fades and then they all get cynical about the new wave of newbs hitting the forums.

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I've actually thought of a whole moveset for Quote, including taunts.

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:39 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
All right, here's the moveset:

Up Taunt: Curly appears, and says hi. (Or something like that.)
Side Taunt: Quote opens up a bottle of Jellyfish Juice and pours it on the ground.
Down Taunt: Pulls out one of the medals.

First off, before I actually begin, similarly to Cave Story, the more you use a weapon, it can level up. This is the same case for my moveset, so if you use a move using the bubbline, it gets exp, etc.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: Stale-move negation still comes into play. The more you spam a weapon, the less exp it gets per hit. Also, getting hit makes your exp go down, making Quote a Magikarp Power kind of character.)

Jab (Polar Star): Quote pistol whips the opponent, then punches them, and finishes with a shot from his gun. Level Progression: Gains more power with each level.
Tilts (Blade): Quote slashes with the Blade. Level Progression: Gains more range and power with lvl 2, lvl 3 makes each tilt a slow, but extremely powerful combo.
Smash Attacks (Bubbler/Bubbline): Quote charges up and fires bubbles at the opponent, either up, forwards, or on both sides of him. Level Progression: Lvl 1 is a weak one-hit attack, but it levels up quickly, similarly to the game. Lvl 2 is a multi-hit, and lvl 3 functions like the lvl 3 in Cave Story, giving it good range and damage.
Grab (Tow Rope): Quote uses the tow rope as a lasso of sorts. Level Progression: Gets longer and faster with each level. Can be used as a tether recovery.
Pummel (Polar Star): Quote shoots the person he is grabbing with the Polar Star. Level Progression: Gets faster and stronger with each level.
Forward Throw (Tow Rope): Quote whips the tow rope forward to launch the opponent. Level Progression: Gains more power with each level.
Back Throw (Tow Rope): Quote carries the opponent on his back, similar to DK's cargo hold. Once you press attack, the opponent is thrown. Level Progression: Can hold the opponent longer with each level.
Up Throw (Machine Gun): Quote fires the machine gun upwards, launching the opponent. It can hit other fighters, too. Level Progression: Gains power with each level.
Down Throw (Bubbler/Bubbline): Quote fires downwards the the opponent. Level Progression: Gains quite a bit of damage with each level, but little to no knockback.

I'll do the aerials and specials next.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:33 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Grab (Tow Rope): Quote uses the Tow Rope as a lasso of sorts.
This is something I haven't thought about. It actually sounds good.
I don't know if weapon levels are a good thing to have. Since it sounds really easy to lose those like Little Mac's KO Punch.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:45 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
I don't know if weapon levels are a good thing to have. Since it sounds really easy to lose those like Little Mac's KO Punch.
you mean like in cave story?

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:48 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Yeah, if we had that for Quote in Smash, it really sounds like a bad idea. Especially for random rounds of insta-smashing.

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:18 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Can we also have Jack's headwear in Smash Bros. please? Like, as a Mii accessory or something? XD

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
How many times I voted Quote (Each tab is a vote): Quute's Revenge.PNG