Show off your org music...

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:39 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Here's a fairly old one from when I was first learning how to make orgs.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Bundled with the PiyoPiyo editor is a large bunch of tracks that might have been beta sings from Ikachan or Cave Story. Maybe. One of them, called BrokenToy, was pretty nice, so I orgscribed it here. (And here is a recording of the original. Vaguely reminiscent of Toroko's Theme, don't you think?)
I thank GIRakaCHEEZER for a good orgscription of Ikachan's theme, it really helped me get an idea as to how PiyoPiyo tracks should be orgscribed.

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:41 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
SuperJaws100 said:
I've been working on using Pxtone to transcribe Kero Blaster music to ORG. Some effects are loss, like the whine on some of the notes, and the drums are obviously different, but I think they sound as close as they possibly can be to the original.

Here's three of the four tracks I've finished so far:

Train Station - This is the "Quiet" remix you hear in the Train Station.
Zombeat - This is the "Zombie" remix that plays when fighting the President.
Relaxation - The theme you hear in the hospital on most levels.

Pretty soon I'll be releasing a whole project full of new ORGs, so look forward to that.
so far, i've only looked at Relaxation and most, if not all, notes are incorrect. they were all off by a half step, so i'd look closely to the piano roll on both programs next time.

i supplied an "edit" of the first 8 measures to show you the fixed notes plus other things, like the double speed that the song should have in order to include those fast notes.

https://www.mediafire.com/?a0c231d6ro7i63c

i sorta got lazy with the volume in the beginning, (waves 2 & 3 shouldve done a crescendo during the first two measures) but thats just extra detail that most people wont notice

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Revisited WarioWare D.I.Y. (yes, THAT game) today, and found something between my trash that I decided to make a .ORG of it, to try and see if I actually can get good in creating something that could be classified as music.

Here's the download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aib3ca3lynknsqp/Untitled%20for%20now.org?dl=0

As the filename may say, I haven't yet given it a name.
I'm also not really happy with the used instruments, so I guess I have to experiment some more. But I just wanted to see what you guys think of it.

As far as I know, this isn't based on something already existing. But I might be wrong.

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:39 AM
Been getting more and more into Terraria recently, so why not.

Boss 1

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:00 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Shade of a Wave said:
Been getting more and more into Terraria recently, so why not.

Boss 1
Ah, this tune brings back such memories...
Most fondly of which being the Slime King chasing me halfway across the map back to my spawnpoint, where I defeated him on expert mode...
Good times. Lots of fun..

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:56 AM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Tinned_Duck said:
I'M YOU FROM THE FUTURE!!!!
THERE'S NO TIME TO EXPLAIN!!!!
OH CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!
I like it quite a bit. It's been a while since I've heard the original song, but this sounds pretty close.

I really need to pay attention to this thread more...

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:43 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Safusaka said:
I guess I should actually post things in the thread.

Ocean Water

WOW! everything you make creates moisture in and around me, and this one is no different, I love the way you create moods :)

and now that i'm here, what better time than now to put this dirty piece up,
Fight against a hypnotised pal,
It's some sort of boss music,
with generic boss harmonic minor at the start,
then flopping into the "OMG, I can't believe i'm slaying my BFF with a falchion" scale by the end.
Listen to it and tell me things.
Tinned Duck

Aug 20, 2015 at 3:21 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
recolorme said:
so far, i've only looked at Relaxation and most, if not all, notes are incorrect. they were all off by a half step, so i'd look closely to the piano roll on both programs next time.
i supplied an "edit" of the first 8 measures to show you the fixed notes plus other things, like the double speed that the song should have in order to include those fast notes.
https://www.mediafire.com/?a0c231d6ro7i63c
i sorta got lazy with the volume in the beginning, (waves 2 & 3 shouldve done a crescendo during the first two measures) but thats just extra detail that most people wont notice
Actually, you are incorrect. Look closely at the coloration of natural notes as opposed to sharps and flats in Pxtone as compared with ORGmaker. They're inverted. In ORGmaker, darkly shaded lines are natural notes, and lightly shaded areas are sharps/flats, with the exception of "C" and "F", which are still lightly shaded when natural. In Pxtone, it is the exact opposite.

I double checked every note in Relaxation. They are all correct.

Wait... or are they? I have no idea, I can't tell at all for some reason. The song sounds virtually the same both up one step and as it was... to me at least.

Aug 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Wanted to make a ORG based on the music from the first stage from Wario Land(GB)
Here it is.
Now that's done, I can finally focus on other things.

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Wow, that's really good. One of the best ones I've heard.

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
IdioticBaka1824 said:
Bundled with the PiyoPiyo editor is a large bunch of tracks that might have been beta sings from Ikachan or Cave Story. Maybe. One of them, called BrokenToy, was pretty nice, so I orgscribed it here. (And here is a recording of the original. Vaguely reminiscent of Toroko's Theme, don't you think?)
I thank GIRakaCHEEZER for a good orgscription of Ikachan's theme, it really helped me get an idea as to how PiyoPiyo tracks should be orgscribed.
So this sounds pretty good, but did you just forget to do the bassline or something? It's just missing from your org.

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:50 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, I originally made this org so I can get the song out of my head, but it made that worse for me, and now I can't stop hearing either version.

Mega Man Battle Network Battle Theme

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:30 AM
Wait... or are they? I have no idea, I can't tell at all for some reason. The song sounds virtually the same both up one step and as it was... to me at least.

you cant tell if it sounds incorrect or not? thats... not good.

first off, i would say to listen to the song more carefully. it would help if you played a youtube video of the original song, and then, your version song to see if things are correct. the difference becomes clear once you do this comparison.

another method is opening pxtone yourself and comparing notes. the piano roll in pxtone is exactly the same as the one in orgmaker. if you dont believe me, i drew up a pic in mspaint to show you that it really is the same:

p205763-0-chxwmfi.png

just look at the positions of the notes. i pretty much copied it from pxtone!

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:29 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
you cant tell if it sounds incorrect or not? thats... not good.

first off, i would say to listen to the song more carefully. it would help if you played a youtube video of the original song, and then, your version song to see if things are correct. the difference becomes clear once you do this comparison.

another method is opening pxtone yourself and comparing notes. the piano roll in pxtone is exactly the same as the one in orgmaker. if you dont believe me, i drew up a pic in mspaint to show you that it really is the same:

p205763-0-chxwmfi.png

just look at the positions of the notes. i pretty much copied it from pxtone!

Yeah, I just discovered that I've been transcribing ORGs half a step two low for a while now. I looked it up, and apparently some really cheap phonographs and record players play songs a half step up or down from what they should be because it makes the player easier to tune and it's not always noticeable to the human ear.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:22 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
All I can say is everyone here makes great music and that I need more of your master pieces too listen to while I write my short stories for school.

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:04 PM