CaveStory Costumes and Cosplay

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:21 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Okay, first off, I'm sorry if I got this in the wrong thread, I'm crap at managing forum topics.

Other than that, I'd like to see if you guys have done any successful cavestory costumes, seeing as halloween is coming up and I don't have the supplies to make Alphonse elric like I had planned (Yes I'm selfish, but that doesn't mean I don't love you).

Also, why do I have a blue/diamond coffee cup under my name?

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
1. I remember when people who made threads actually had something to contribute to them
2. Unfortunately I have been unable to make a cave story costume though I have tried on at least one occasion
3. That coffee cup is based on your post count, as you get more posts it will change to other things; please don't spam to get a different one

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Dunc2403 said:
1. I remember when people who made threads actually had something to contribute to them
Pepperridge farm? Meme aside, I would, but I'm currently in the middle of no-where, and I haven't received my license yet.

also don't worry, I only post when I have something to say.

on second thought do worry

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I once dressed up as Quote and rocked up at Supanova and my local anime club. No-one recognised my costume at Supanova and the anime club thought I was Ash with a gun. It has sat in my cupboard ever since.

I generally don't post photos of myself on the net as a matter of principle, but I could see if I can get a photo of the Polar Star I used for my costume (though it's just a paper mache'd nerf gun painted blue with a stencil painted white star on either side, nothing special).

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well, I tried.
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3587/
I forget if I mentioned this in the thread or not, but I ended up being sick for Halloween, so really I wasted my time with it. As a result, my hair ended up being black for a year, which was certainly a different experience. I do remember posting some photos of what I accomplished, so there's that.

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:57 AM
andwhyisit said:
I once dressed up as Quote and rocked up at Supanova and my local anime club. No-one recognised my costume at Supanova and the anime club thought I was Ash with a gun. It has sat in my cupboard ever since.
I generally don't post photos of myself on the net as a matter of principle, but I could see if I can get a photo of the Polar Star I used for my costume (though it's just a paper mache'd nerf gun painted blue with a stencil painted white star on either side, nothing special).
Sadly such a thing is too be expected. even the most well known indie game is not well known (I guess Meatboy and Fez have outpaced us by now). Good plan with the photos, seeing as I can already find out your phone number, location, and name with only your forum profile (I wont though, CBB, no reason either). Polar star is going to have to be the most detailed part, seeing as the rest is so low rez its hard to tell, so I look forward to it.

Tpcool said:
Well, I tried.
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/3587/
I forget if I mentioned this in the thread or not, but I ended up being sick for Halloween, so really I wasted my time with it. As a result, my hair ended up being black for a year, which was certainly a different experience. I do remember posting some photos of what I accomplished, so there's that.
Not bad at all! Also you look British, am I just racist? also did you still get candy/vodka?

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:06 AM
War criminal
I was once actually thinking of dressing as either Quote or Kazuma for Halloween this year, but sadly, weight loss is something that keeps avoiding me for the 5th year now (I don't really look fat, it's just the few pounds I wanna shed). I AM planning to dress as The Kid from I Wanna Be The Guy. I may post a picture or two.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:24 AM
TLincoln said:
I was once actually thinking of dressing as either Quote or Kazuma for Halloween this year, but sadly, weight loss is something that keeps avoiding me for the 5th year now (I don't really look fat, it's just the few pounds I wanna shed). I AM planning to dress as The Kid from I Wanna Be The Guy. I may post a picture or two.
Yes! do share, I love that guy
as for the game, well, I'm still deciding

Good luck losing that unlucky pound or two!

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:01 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I uh, cosplayed Misery twice for 2 conventions this past year. The second time around came out a bit better.
[spo[/spoiler]

Earrings are hidden behind hair. Used to have elf ears too but they are a pain in the ass to attach. Also with my shitty luck, I didn't cosplay her at the latest con I went to. And, of course, I encountered a Quote and Curly there. Them's the breaks, I guess.
:critter:

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Thanks for re-igniting the spark in my want to cosplay as a Cave Story character.

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Professional Whatever
That looks pretty fantastic, dasu :3

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Attheshows said:
Thanks for re-igniting the spark in my want to cosplay as a Cave Story character.
:3 you could go as a critter!

Wild Desu said:
I uh, cosplayed Misery twice for 2 conventions this past year. The second time around came out a bit better.

Earrings are hidden behind hair. Used to have elf ears too but they are a pain in the ass to attach. Also with my shitty luck, I didn't cosplay her at the latest con I went to. And, of course, I encountered a Quote and Curly there. Them's the breaks, I guess.
:critter:
That is freaking amazing sir! err ma'am (Darn you internet etiquette, you've confused me about gender for life)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I dress up every workday as the Doctor (except the hat) and go to work that way :orangebell:

Oct 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
That's a really good cosplay Dasu.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM
daughter of chivalry
Thank you friends, I'm flattered. One day I want to do an alternate coloring cosplay of her. Y'know, green hair and black clothing. There are so many interpretations of her, which makes it kinda fun. You can add your own spin to things.

It'd be nice to have a Blargo someday :o

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Wild Desu said:
Thank you friends, I'm flattered. One day I want to do an alternate coloring cosplay of her. Y'know, green hair and black clothing. There are so many interpretations of her, which makes it kinda fun. You can add your own spin to things.

Blago?

Also I love the fact that you can color something a dark shade of green/blue and no-one will ever be able to guess which one it is.

Oh, balrog, should've guessed! Love is when a witch and a toaster meet, and they try to kill robots together

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
War criminal
Wild Desu said:
>Blargo
>Myzi pls.

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Professional Whatever
Max tho misery has both blue and green hair, her hair colour is different in her facepic than in miza.pbm

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM
daughter of chivalry
Balrog. The joke is Balrog.

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
MagicDoors said:
Max tho misery has both blue and green hair, her hair colour is different in her facepic than in miza.pbm
Are we saying Pixel was a troll?

And Desu, is that the JJ pub in North Carolina?