Collaborative Collaboration (Take 8) Storyline

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:07 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't know if this has been done on the forums before, but this is for Take 8, to help determine a story. (If you were referred here by my Take 8 development post, you gain +1 Referral stats)

We each take turns posting a part of the storyline. I'll try and listen to it, but someone who is forum-active should probably make a document for it. Every few posts that person can send me a PM with the story, and I can edit this post.

Rules:
1. Each post has to contain story that goes with the original CS characters, items, etc., because we can't edit data shiz.
2. If you get ninja'd (someone posts before you while you're formulating a post) you must delete your post, but only if it is part of the storyline. If you are "Rule 3-ing", then you don't have to.
3. No making fun of people's ideas, but pointing out and fixing flaws in posts is alright.
4. Story segments should be 10 words minimum, 30 words maximum.

Quote is warped by a mysterious force to a sister island of the Mimiga Island.
Quote then walks into a very odd door. He finds himself in a strange place called the Grit Zone.
Someone sneaks up behind him and knocks him out and steals his weapons and items. He dreams of the evening moon and statues and spikes and death by falling.
He jumps into a bunch of spikes and dies. What an idiot. Good thing there are Floppy Disks that can distort Space-Time.
He falls down a pit, then rips a demon out of a statue. And he gets WoOoOoOOOooooh'ed away.
From there he befriends(?) Genesis and Oblivion, and then leaves the dream realm (does he reeeeeeaaaally?)
Suddenly Quote gets teleported to an abomination of science. After whatever happend in there he get's teleported out.

Go crazy, guys.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:17 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Total Refferal Points: 1
How long should these story segments be?

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:19 AM
Professional Whatever
Let's say 10-30 words.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:23 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Mr. Traveler then walks into a very odd door. He finds himself in a strange place called the Grit Zone.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I already posted our storyline so far NARSO. It's not updated for Grit Zone but it'll still do. Here it is:
1. Our hero is searching for a pyramid rumored to be filled with riches. He finally finds the tip of the pyramid, so he begins his quest onward. Near the bottom of the pyramid, he finds his old enemy, the witch Misery. After a long battle, he seems to be magically whisked away.

2. Our hero finds himself in a seemingly endless void. He must of lost alot of life in that pyramid, because he is at 3HP. He also lost his Polar Star and Bubbler. He luckily finds his Map System, with a note saying he might want to look at it now. He does so, seeing a seemingly normal room. He walks carefully onward. After a few steps, he hears something. He tries going back the way he came. The path is blocked. He hastily pulls out his Map System. It seems that much has changed. He fears the worst, and marches onward even more carefully. After a long time of evading spikes in the dark, and finding a strange unit of currency, he finds a door. A real one, unlike the other one that nearly got him killed.

3. He goes through, and finds some life capsules. He is now at 20HP. He goes into the net door and ends up in an outdoors place. He just nearly misses a spike directly under him. He tries to check his Map System, but finds he lost it. He trudges on forward through a strange realm where sleep changes things, you can rip demons out of statues; a place he is not meant to be. At the end(maybe) of this strange realm, he finds another door. He goes through it, and wakesw up. He must have fallen asleep in that first room. He goes through the real door.

4. Our hero is in the Sand Zone now. He goes through an enormously changed Sand Zone, finding a Machine Gun, an Arms Barrier, a Turbocharge, an ammo expansion for his machine gun, and another strange piece of currency. He goes through a door, finding himself in a nearly destroyed Sand Zone Residence. He flies through the whole place with his Machine Gun, but runs out of ammo, so he falls, falls, until he hits a lake on the Earth's surface. However, he cannot swim, so he sinks to the bottom and drowns.
THE END
And yes I know this is a game and maybe legitimate, but this is what it actually is so far.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:25 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
You cheated that's more than 30 words.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:27 AM
Professional Whatever
Let's make a better one then.
Dunc2403 said:
3. He goes through, and finds some life capsules. He is now at 20HP. He goes into the net door and ends up in an outdoors place. He just nearly misses a spike directly under him. He tries to check his Map System, but finds he lost it. He trudges on forward through a strange realm where sleep changes things, you can rip demons out of statues; a place he is not meant to be. At the end(maybe) of this strange realm, he finds another door.

You do realize that my maps are a dream sequence right?

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:28 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
That wasn't MY interpretation of it. I'll fix it.
EDIT: Fix'd.

Dunc2403 said:
I already posted our storyline so far NARSO. It's not updated for Grit Zone but it'll still do. Here it is:
1. Our hero is searching for a pyramid rumored to be filled with riches. He finally finds the tip of the pyramid, so he begins his quest onward. Near the bottom of the pyramid, he finds his old enemy, the witch Misery. After a long battle, he seems to be magically whisked away.

2. Our hero finds himself in a seemingly endless void. He must of lost alot of life in that pyramid, because he is at 3HP. He also lost his Polar Star and Bubbler. He luckily finds his Map System, with a note saying he might want to look at it now. He does so, seeing a seemingly normal room. He walks carefully onward. After a few steps, he hears something. He tries going back the way he came. The path is blocked. He hastily pulls out his Map System. It seems that much has changed. He fears the worst, and marches onward even more carefully. After a long time of evading spikes in the dark, and finding a strange unit of currency, he finds a door. A real one, unlike the other one that nearly got him killed.

3. He goes through, and finds some life capsules. He is now at 20HP. He goes into the net door and ends up in an outdoors place. He just nearly misses a spike directly under him. He tries to check his Map System, but finds he lost it. He trudges on forward through a strange realm where sleep changes things, you can rip demons out of statues; a place he is not meant to be. At the end(maybe) of this strange realm, he finds another door. He goes through it, and wakesw up. He must have fallen asleep in that first room. He goes through the real door.

4. Our hero is in the Sand Zone now. He goes through an enormously changed Sand Zone, finding a Machine Gun, an Arms Barrier, a Turbocharge, an ammo expansion for his machine gun, and another strange piece of currency. He goes through a door, finding himself in a nearly destroyed Sand Zone Residence. He flies through the whole place with his Machine Gun, but runs out of ammo, so he falls, falls, until he hits a lake on the Earth's surface. However, he cannot swim, so he sinks to the bottom and drowns.
THE END
And yes I know this is a game and maybe legitimate, but this is what it actually is so far.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:31 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Except the actual mod itself can't have a story

Y'all's aware of that right

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:31 AM
Professional Whatever
Dunc2403 said:
I already posted our storyline so far NARSO.

I really don't like that nickname.
Also, we need some story for during maps I think. That's what DT was saying at the beginning, as far as I remember. We actually needed a plot, not a summarization of the levels.

What are you talking about nox?

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:34 AM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Noxid said:
Except the actual mod itself can't have a story

Y'all's aware of that right

Ty said it would be ok as long as it wasn't an expansion of the real story.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:36 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
How 'bout we all agree that Noxid was partially insane at that point and move on.

@ontopic:He jumps into a bunch of spikes and dies. What an idiot. Good thing there are save points in Cave Story.
And I am NOT doing it wrong.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:38 AM
Professional Whatever
Dunc2403 said:
How 'bout we all agree that Noxid was partially insane at that point and move on.

@ontopic:He jumps into a bunch of spikes and dies. What an idiot. Good thing death isn't permanent.

Fix'd. Quoting the game itself is unprofessional.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:42 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Dunc2403 said:

@ontopic:He jumps into a bunch of spikes and dies. What an idiot. Good thing there are those Floppy Disks that can distort Space-Time.

Super-Fix'd.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:46 AM
Professional Whatever
At this point are we at grit zone or zangetsu? If the latter, we can say someone sneaks up behind him and knocks him out and steals his weapons and items. He dreams of the evening moon and statues and spikes and death by falling.

Fix'd.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:47 AM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I'm going to say his death brought him to Zangetsu, so what you said LUNAR/NARSO. COntinuing from that, he falls down a pit, then rips a demon out of a statue. And he gets WoOoOoOOOooooh'ed away.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:50 AM
Professional Whatever
Wait, so what do you mean? Do you mean we use mine instead? Or both of them? Or yours? I'm confus'd.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:55 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You are free to put some (non-cs-related) storyline in your own parts if you like

but I must stress the fact that these maps must be *modular*
there can be no over-arching plot or storyline because if one person doesn't want to or can't fit a story into their segment then it all falls apart.

I'm kind of being sort of serious here.