Take 8: CS+ Community Project Discussion Thread

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
1. Go to CS Light/Dark style.
2. Scroll all the way up.
3. Look at top right corner and then look down a little bit.
4. That is our starting room and shop.

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
So, are we using the "coin" idea? I'm gonna take it out of my mod if we aren't.

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:16 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
CommanderJersey said:
1. Go to CS Light/Dark style.
2. Scroll all the way up.
3. Look at top right corner and then look down a little bit.
4. That is our starting room and shop.
I have an idea for something similar to this actually

LunarSoul said:
So, are we using the "coin" idea? I'm gonna take it out of my mod if we aren't.
I think it would be a great way to show off what TSC script is capable of, but I'm not sure about exactly how to implement it yet

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM
Professional Whatever
DoubleThink said:
I think it would be a great way to show off what TSC script is capable of, but I'm not sure about exactly how to implement it yet

That's the problem-if we use flags and one item, it would take a LOT of tsc to check how many coins you have, since there would be tons of combinations. It would probably be an extra thing to add on if we have time, but I don't think it's necessary.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
LunarSoul said:
That's the problem-if we use flags and one item, it would take a LOT of tsc to check how many coins you have, since there would be tons of combinations. It would probably be an extra thing to add on if we have time, but I don't think it's necessary.

How about this:
Each money unit unlocks a new safe room. Each safe room has 2-3 levels. And one of those has another money unit to unlock another safe room.

Nov 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Professional Whatever
Not enough maps. You can only have 101 before the game crashes.
Good idea, though. We could have specific extras, like certain items that you get for money units that don't change the other maps. Like a level select item, stuff like that.
We could have a small hub after each section to receive those items.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
LunarSoul said:
Not enough maps. You can only have 101 before the game crashes.

We could use the <MOV command and have one very large map.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Been here way too long...
There is a maximum entity limit, so no.
I think that idea is nice, jersey, but it isn't really how money works -- it's more like a way to change the way the player progresses through the game.

An idea GIR brought up on irc (and maybe posted here? I don't recall) was to have all the rooms connected to a hubworld (so there isn't linear progression). There would also be a token of some sort in each 'world' (one person's set), and once you get to genericnumber of tokens, you unlock bossfights in the overworld.
And since we have like a bajillion flags, we'd just do one flag per world token, rather than doing binary addition, however much I like it.

I hope that isn't as incomprehensible as it looks like it is. I've always thought nonlinear progression was nifty, but contiguity is important too, so meh.
Having problems talking today.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM
Professional Whatever
Binary addition? I thought we'd just use flags. I like a hub idea, but maybe have an item and use flags that take you there and maintain your world location, so you don't have to keep going to the hub every few maps.
I would love to know how to do binary addition with TSC.
Ohwaiyt.
I'm a noob.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Lace said:
There is a maximum entity limit, so no.
I think that idea is nice, jersey, but it isn't really how money works -- it's more like a way to change the way the player progresses through the game.

An idea GIR brought up on irc (and maybe posted here? I don't recall) was to have all the rooms connected to a hubworld (so there isn't linear progression). There would also be a token of some sort in each 'world' (one person's set), and once you get to genericnumber of tokens, you unlock bossfights in the overworld.
And since we have like a bajillion flags, we'd just do one flag per world token, rather than doing binary addition, however much I like it.

I hope that isn't as incomprehensible as it looks like it is. I've always thought nonlinear progression was nifty, but contiguity is important too, so meh.
Having problems talking today.

We can do that if it's more a "Play levels you already beat and/or are in the same general total health range as you!!!!!!!!!!!1one" Hub.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Nov 12, 2011 at 8:23 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I don't know if someone already asked, but are we allowed to edit the TSC code of items?

For example, I want to edit the controller so it becomes a device that teleports you to a determined area in my map. Can I use one of my flags to make it so if the flag is activated then the name, the description and the TSC code of the item change? That way it wouldn't be a bother if someone else wanted to use the controller too.

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
That did come up actually, and for now I think it shouldn't be a problem, so go ahead

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:53 AM
Professional Whatever
@DT
I've been wondering this for a while, how is our project going to be applied to CS+? I know CS+ itself is some PC remake with extras, but is our project going to be another menu option or something? Or do you not know the details yet?

IMPORTANT EDIT: Visit this link to converse about storyline ideas.
Read rools first, it's a forum game.

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:25 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Oh by the way
GIR reminded me the other day that if one person changes a map tile layout (like which tile is what type) it will affect every other person's because each set of tile graphics uses exactly one .pxa file

This may or may not be an issue.

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Professional Whatever
Re: Community Project Dev Thread [DEADLINE HAS MOVED]

How about if you change a tileset, then you post it here along with its name so whoever else is using that tileset can use the one posted. Or the one changing the tileset can just add on to it (increase vertical size) instead of changing existing tiles. (And then post it)

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Not COMMA
Discord Group Moderator
"..."
Re: Community Project Dev Thread [DEADLINE HAS MOVED]

I changed some of the Sand tiles to fans, if that's ok with everyone.

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:11 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Actually I thought of that back on page 8, and yes is would be nice if you've changed any tile properties to mention it in the dev thread if I don't know about it already (i.e. if you are not Dunc, CJ or Hiino).